Windows 10: dxsetup.exe failing to initiate/run/update

Discus and support dxsetup.exe failing to initiate/run/update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I created a previous post but it's not getting anymore attention and there's so much new info. so what's happening is the directx files are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BillFinn1, Jan 31, 2019.

1. BillFinn1 Win User

dxsetup.exe failing to initiate/run/update

Hello, I created a previous post but it's not getting anymore attention and there's so much new info. so what's happening is the directx files are being corrupted somehow, because when i run dxsetup.exe without directx files actually downloaded, it checks and verifies everything is perfect like it should. but when I download the files, what happens is i run dxsetup.exe and before it finishes a window appears: "an internal error has occurred, please refer to DirectX.log or DXError.log for details, buty i cant find them for the life of me. please help!

:)

BillFinn1, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 31, 2019
  4. dxsetup.exe failing to initiate/run/update

USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

dxsetup.exe failing to initiate/run/update

1. dxsetup.exe failing to initiate/run/update - Similar Threads - dxsetup exe failing

2. process1 initialization failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    process1 initialization failed: I am not kidding. I have been spending hours, hours, and days trying to get Windows 10 to start. I cannot get to the Desktop or to a Command Prompt. Usually, I am able to fix just about anything. This one has me stumbled. I refuse to give up. The information on the laptop is...
  3. Update failing and can't open .exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update failing and can't open .exe: A few weeks ago I had a series of my laptop trying to update, then getting stuck on the 'we couldn't complete' for over an hour, so I restored to before the update came in. In the past week I have not been able to open any .exe, for most of them there is no error message, for...
  4. Update failing and can't open .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update failing and can't open .exe: A few weeks ago I had a series of my laptop trying to update, then getting stuck on the 'we couldn't complete' for over an hour, so I restored to before the update came in. In the past week I have not been able to open any .exe, for most of them there is no error message, for...
  5. Update failing and can't open .exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Failed to initialize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Failed to initialize: I downloaded a program - Twinity - and thought all was fine until I tried to log in and got the failed to intialize message. Can I get round this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-initialize/cb4619db-8347-4ced-85da-896f0692a1cb
  7. initialization failed

initialization failed: hello everyone so when i started my PC he showed me this screen[IMG] then restarted and did that in a loop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/initialization-failed/10e740ab-553d-4214-a0a4-4c49d49ebfac
  8. dxsetup.exe failing to initiate/run/update

dxsetup.exe failing to initiate/run/update: Hello, I have been trying to install oculus software via oculussetup.exe, but everytime it comes up with an error saying that dxsetup.exe has failed to initialize or something like that. I go dirextly to dxsetup.exe and run the instillation, and at the very end when it says...
  9. Another Instance is Running-Configuration System Failed to Initialize

Another Instance is Running-Configuration System Failed to Initialize: I and getting this whenever I start my laptop. I tried doing the sfc /scannow but it came out saying there were no problems. What else can I do?...
  10. Failed to Initialize OpenCL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to Initialize OpenCL: First error in a program after the Windows 10 Fall Upgrade... I'm using Adobe After Effects CC 2015. [img] Any ideas? 29754

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed code 720 dxsetup exe