Windows 10: dxwebsetup.exe running into an internal error

Discus and support dxwebsetup.exe running into an internal error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been running into an error recently with some issues with some programs using DirectX 9 where some dlls seem to be missing. I have tried using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThomasShorney, May 6, 2019.

1. dxwebsetup.exe running into an internal error

I have been running into an error recently with some issues with some programs using DirectX 9 where some dlls seem to be missing. I have tried using dxwebsetup.exe to install DirectX but it keeps running into an internal error when it is run.

Below is the output in DXError.log:

[05/06/19 17:08:20] module: DXWSetup(Mar 30 2011), file: dxwsetup.cpp, line: 352, function: CDXWSetup::InitInstallEngine

Failed API: SetAction()

Error: (0x80070057) - The parameter is incorrect.

--------------------

[05/06/19 17:08:20] module: DXWSetup(Mar 30 2011), file: psheets.cpp, line: 705, function: PreinstDlgProc

CDXWSetup::InitInstallEngine() failed.

I have looked online and found various solutions but none seem to be working.

Is anyone able to help me fix this?

:)

ThomasShorney, May 6, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, May 6, 2019
  3. Can't run exe file

Hello Mike,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in running the .exe file. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What application are you trying to install?
    • Are you getting any error message when you try to install the application?
    • From where did you download the application?
    Please post to us with ,ore information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 6, 2019
  4. dxwebsetup.exe running into an internal error

USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 6, 2019
Thema:

dxwebsetup.exe running into an internal error

1. dxwebsetup.exe running into an internal error - Similar Threads - dxwebsetup exe running

2. Windows 10 Refusing to run EXE's Permission Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Refusing to run EXE's Permission Error: Hello, I'm currently expierencing Windows 10 permission errors when I try to run EXE files on an Administrator L3, "Admin" not the ACTUAL Administrator account account.The same error occurs in the built-in administrator account, which is enanled by running "net user...
  3. dxwebsetup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dxwebsetup: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dxwebsetup/2f9d9621-bb93-4dc4-9889-a507b2dd0400
  4. running .exe command

in Windows 10 Customization
    running .exe command: I am using mingw compiler. while i am running a CC++ program works fine program it compiles successfully but when i ran it i am facing a problem.I am getting that access is denied.I tried reinstalling but nothing has changed.I am facing this problem when i am connected to...
  5. No exe files will run!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Running a .exe with no GUI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running a .exe with no GUI: I use Linux on my home computer, but at most other places it’s Windows 10. I created a Python script to ask the user for a password and if it’s correct it’ll display my passwords. This is obviously insecure because the user could edit the file and see all the data that’ll be...
  7. Exe error

Exe error: what does this mean and how i can fix this? (the instruction at 0x00000000759059A0 referenced memory at 0x00000000759059A0. the required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc000009c....
  8. Error exe

Error exe: I keep getting this error on my dell laptop and as a result, I am unable to download any programs from the Internet. How can I fix this? (the institution at 0x00000000774359A0 referenced memory at 0x00000000774359A0. the required data was not placed into memory because of...
  9. RUN won't 'run' EXE files

in Windows 10 Support
    RUN won't 'run' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...
  10. Can't run .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run .exe: An update to AVG was performed on our computer. After that ran, when we try to open any program we receive the message: xxxx.exe- Application error the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application. This occurs for any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dxwebsetup.exe internal erorr