Windows 10: Dying laptop

Discus and support Dying laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good evening to all,Hope someone can give me some advice. I have a dying hp laptop been having small problems very often. Have done a complete windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dafydd, Mar 14, 2019.

1. dafydd Win User

Dying laptop

Good evening to all,Hope someone can give me some advice.
    I have a dying hp laptop been having small problems very often. Have done a complete windows reset for the third time beginning of the week
    so decided to go and get another newer model.
    don't use it for any hard work just shopping banking usual daily chores.
    Been looking at a chrome book.Does a chrome book allow me to put printer software etc,
    or any good suggestions for a newer laptop been looking in Amazon loads of laptops there, looking at it a nice 13ins screen with a. ssd for the main drive. As now I have all my documents etc on an external ssd that works well.
    Thanks

:)

dafydd, Mar 14, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Dying laptop

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Dying laptop

1. Dying laptop - Similar Threads - Dying laptop

2. My laptops harddrive just died. How can I install Windows 10 on my laptop with a brand new...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My laptops harddrive just died. How can I install Windows 10 on my laptop with a brand new...: My laptops harddrive just died. I had Windows 10 Home installed on it. How can I install Windows 10 on my laptop with a brand new harddrive...
  3. The power module on my laptop died, so I installed my hard drive in a spare laptop. Now...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The power module on my laptop died, so I installed my hard drive in a spare laptop. Now...: The power module on my laptop died, so I installed my hard drive in a spare laptop. Now Windows is not activated. How can I get it activated? No error code. Went through troubleshooting with no luck. Tried "Talk to an Agent" which is actually a robot. I had no way of...
  4. I want to virtualize the hard drive from windows 7 laptop which died

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    I want to virtualize the hard drive from windows 7 laptop which died: hey everyone. I think I'm getting ready to embark on my first virtualization. I had a laptop running windows 7 (upgraded from windows vista) and it died. So I put the hard drive in an enclosure and connected it to my new laptop running windows 10. I've heard that if i...
  5. I want to virtualize the hard rive from windows 7 laptop which died.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    I want to virtualize the hard rive from windows 7 laptop which died.: hey everyone. I think I'm getting ready to embark on my first virtualization. I had a laptop running windows 7 (upgraded from windows vista) and it died. So I put the hard drive in an enclosure and connected it to my new laptop running windows 10. I've heard that if i...
  6. ACER es1-311 laptop's touchpad died when I updated to latest version of win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ACER es1-311 laptop's touchpad died when I updated to latest version of win10: Yesterday, My computer updated to the latest build of win10. UPon rebooting, the touchpad was DEAD. I was able to open the device manager last evening, but was unable to locate the elantech and synaptics drivers were missing. Since I did not have a other mouse, I had to...
  7. Dead/dying laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead/dying laptop: I have a 7 year old HP laptop that has been totally bomb-proof, until yesterday. The cooling fan had been getting a bit noisy, and yesterday it finally locked up. Windows would not run without the cooling fan operating. I ordered a new fan overnight, and this afternoon I...
  8. HP Envy X2 Laptop Critical Process Died in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Envy X2 Laptop Critical Process Died in Windows 10: Have a HP Envy X2 laptop with Windows 10. When I power it on it: Goes into Preparing Automatic Repair state with the HP logo and spinning dots below it. Then goes into the Blue screen of death stating Critical Process Died. After about a couple of minutes the HP logo...
  9. Laptop died during "remove everything" reset - black screens and no bootable device.

Laptop died during "remove everything" reset - black screens and no bootable device.: Okay, so I'm stuck. I have a Toshiba laptop I hadn't used in several years, replacing it with my work Dell instead. When the Dell crapped out, I went back to the Toshiba, and decided to just start fresh with it. The battery only works when plugged in (separate issue I hadn't...
  10. My laptop was showing critical process died but after installing of new is or upgrade from...

My laptop was showing critical process died but after installing of new is or upgrade from...: My laptop was showing critical process died but after installing of new or upgrade from windows 8 to 10.Will there be any such issues in the future.. My laptop was showing critical process died when i clicked the delete file instead of ignore which was shown by my antivirus...