Windows 10: Dymo Labelwriter 'wireless' will not connect to windows 10

Discus and support Dymo Labelwriter 'wireless' will not connect to windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Try as i may the printer is not recognised by the pc. Any advise would be gratefully received. A run through i can follow to rectify would be great.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndyBonner1, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Dymo Labelwriter 'wireless' will not connect to windows 10

Try as i may the printer is not recognised by the pc. Any advise would be gratefully received.

A run through i can follow to rectify would be great.

:)

AndyBonner1, Jan 13, 2019
  2. LemP Win User

Dymo Labelwriter wireless

So you have a product from vendor A that you want to use with software from vendor B.

Vendor A is not responsive and vendor B says it's not my fault, ask vendor A.

This is fairly typical when multiple vendors are involved (if vendor A had responded, they likely would have said that it's vendor B's fault).

And now you'd like help from volunteers who have some knowledge of Microsoft's software but no knowledge of products from either vendor A or vendor B to help you.

Is that about right?

I'll try to help, but you'll need to answer some questions.

I suggest that you try to approach things systematically by eliminating at least one variable: stop using the Breeze software, at least for debugging purposes, and see if you can print directly to the Dymo labelwriter.

Is this the Dymo product you have (if not, please specify your model):
    http://www.dymo.com/en-US/label-makers-and-label-printers/dymo%3Csup%3E%C2%AE%3C-sup%3E-labelwriter%3Csup%3E%C2%AE%3C-sup%3E-wireless-label-writer-wireless

When you say that the Dymo test page worked, is that the Dymo self-test that you get by pressing the "label feed forward button" for at least 3 seconds or some other test page? If the latter, please explain what you do to print this test page.

In addition, what computer was used when you "set it up with the usb plugged into the computer and was able to print nametags"?

Which version of the Dymo Label software have you installed, and on which computer(s) (from your question, it seems as if your church as two Windows 10 computers and you have a Windows 7 laptop)?

When you were able to print successfully at home wirelessly, what version of Windows did you use? And was that using the same Windows 7 laptop that wouldn't work at your registration location?

What do you ultimately want to do?

• Use one of the church's Windows 10 computer to print labels wirelessly?
    • Use your Windows 7 laptop to print labels

When you set up the Dymo unit at home, you had to configure it to connect to your home wireless network. Now that you're at a different location, you have to re-configure it to use the new wireless network. Did you do that? If you did not, that's at least
    part of the problem. Although there are at least 3 different methods of doing this, perhaps the simplest is to reset the printer to its factory default settings by pressing the "Reset" button on the back of the printer and then using the "Quick Setup wizard"
    that you used the first time.

3. Dymo Labelwriter wireless

Hi, I am having a problem in getting the Dymo Labelwriter wireless printer to print labels/nametags at our church. We are using the printer with Breeze Church management software. I was able to set it up and print labels wirelessly at home, but upon getting
    to our church, I am unable to get it to print nametags wirelessly (both have Windows 10). With Breeze's tech support, I set it up with the usb plugged into the computer and was able to print nametags. I then set up my laptop (Windows 7) at the registration
    location with the usb plugged in and it wouldn't print name tags, but the Dymo test page works. Breeze suggested calling Dymo and/or contacting church tech support (none available). Dymo has been non responsive to emails, chat (which is always down), and
    a couple of times I hung up after holding 20 minutes on the telephone.

I appreciate any suggestions anyone has to resolve this.

Warren Perkins_502, Jan 13, 2019
  4. LemP Win User

Dymo Labelwriter 'wireless' will not connect to windows 10

Dymo Labelwriter wireless

Sorry to have taken so long to get back to you.

Because I don't have either a Dymo Labelwriter or Breeze software (I have not heard of this before), I was hoping that someone else might jump in with some suggestions.

The last paragraph of your most recent post is what I would have suggested you do: uninstall the Dymo software, reset the printer to its factory defaults, and start over. I have no idea why this didn't work for you. The only thing I can imagine is that
    there was some left-over configuration file from an earlier installation (but you said that you hadn't used the Windows 7 laptop before you brought it to the church)?

Uninstall the Labelwriter software and then use the free trial version of Revo Uninstaller Pro (Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems)
    to see if there are any remnants of the software left behind after a "normal" uninstall procedure.

The following is essentially background information that I came across, but if you were able to print nametags using the Breeze software I imagine that Breeze tech support has walked you through whatever import/export was needed.

As near as I can determine from the Dymo website, a Dymo Labelwriter doesn't seem to install as a "normal" printer, accessible to any Windows application program that's able to print. That is, it doesn't seem that "Dymo Labelwriter" would appear on the
    list of selectable printers in the normal Windows print dialog.

Instead, you have to install "add-ins" that Dymo has developed for a limited number of applications. From the User Guide:

Your label printer works with DYMO Label v.8 software to make designing and printing labels easy. You can also print labels directly from the desktop with QuickPrint, and from Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, ACT! (US only), and
    QuickBooks (US only) with DYMO Label Add-ins. The Add-ins are automatically installed when you install DYMO Label v.8 software if you have the applications above installed on your computer. See the DYMO Label v.8 online Help or Software User Guide for more
    information on using these features.

And these add-ins may not work with newer versions of Microsoft productivity programs:

DYMO Label v8 includes add-ins for Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook, versions 2003 - 2010.

DYMO Label v8 for Windows includes add-ins for: Microsoft Office XP, 2003, 2007, and 2010 (32 & 64 -bit) - Word, Excel, and Outlook. QuickBooks Professional and Premium 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 (US Only). ACT! 2007, 2008,
    2009, 2010, and 2011 (US Only). DYMO Label v8 for Mac includes add-ins for: Microsoft Word and Excel in Microsoft Office 2004, 2008, and 2011 and Mac Address Book Add-In.

All of which suggests that you can't simply use your Dymo Labelwriter "with" Breeze CM software -- at least not directly. You probably would have to export the data you want on the name tags into a file and then import that data into the Dymo software.
    For example:

How do I print from Microsoft Access to a LabelWriter?

Using DYMO Label Software, you can quickly print mailing labels from a number of standard database formats including Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, text files, and Universal Data Links (UDL). Database information can be inserted
    into a Text, Address, or Barcode object. If you have more than one Address, Text, or Barcode object on your label, you can select the fields to insert in each of the available objects.

How do I import contact information into the DYMO Label Software Address Book?

For importing into DYMO Label Software v8: Create a new Address Book or open the Address Book you want to import data into. Choose Import from the Address Book menu. The Address Book Import Wizard starts. Follow the instructions
    in the Address Book Import Wizard. When finished, click Import. The data is imported into the open Address Book and displayed in the address list.

Thema:

Dymo Labelwriter 'wireless' will not connect to windows 10

1. Dymo Labelwriter 'wireless' will not connect to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Dymo Labelwriter 'wireless'

2. Message d'erreur imprimante DYMO LabelWriter 400

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Message d'erreur imprimante DYMO LabelWriter 400: Bonjour, je possède une imprimante d'étiquettes DYMO LabelWriter 400 connectée à mon PC sous Windows 10. Jusqu'à ce jour, tout allait bien mais depuis hier, quand j'ouvre le logiciel V8 pour créer une étiquette j'ai 2 messages d'erreurs qui s'affichent et je ne peux rien...
  3. Message d'erreur imprimante DYMO LabelWriter 400

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Message d'erreur imprimante DYMO LabelWriter 400: Bonjour, je possède une imprimante d'étiquettes DYMO LabelWriter 400 connectée à mon PC sous Windows 10. Jusqu'à ce jour, tout allait bien mais depuis hier, quand j'ouvre le logiciel V8 pour créer une étiquette j'ai 2 messages d'erreurs qui s'affichent et je ne peux rien...
  4. Message d'erreur imprimante DYMO LabelWriter 400

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dymo Duo Labelwriter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dymo Duo Labelwriter: Is there any way to print from the lower label on a Dymo Duo 450 Labelwriter on windows 11.Dymo says that currently Windows 11 does not support 2 different print options whereas Windows 10 does...
  6. Dymo Duo Labelwriter

Dymo Duo Labelwriter: Is there any way to print from the lower label on a Dymo Duo 450 Labelwriter on windows 11.Dymo says that currently Windows 11 does not support 2 different print options whereas Windows 10 does...
  7. Dymo Labelwriter 450 has stopped working

Dymo Labelwriter 450 has stopped working: This has been working perfectly until today when the print jobs just get stuck in the print queue. Further investigation suggests that the USB connection may not be working, in Device Manager the USB controllers list contains an entry Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...
  8. Dymo labelwriter 450

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dymo labelwriter 450: I was using my labelwriter, and suddenly stopped working. I get this Error: Cannot create instance of 'MainWindow' defined in assembly 'DYMO,DLS, Version=8.5.3.1889, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5426002a38745af9', Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation....
  9. Dymo LabelWriter 450 Sharing via Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dymo LabelWriter 450 Sharing via Windows 10: I'm trying to share a Dymo LabelWriter 450 printer over a network. All of our computers are running windows 10 pro. The printer is connected via USP port and working on the local printer. I've downloaded drivers for the other computers (DLS8Setup.8.5.3; it won't allow me...
  10. Dymo LabelWriter 450

Dymo LabelWriter 450: I have followed instructions for Dymo to install the LabelWriter 450. I cannot get it to work. I get an unknown device message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this printer 3 times to no avail. I have a USB3.0 superspeed hub and had my desktop printer connected to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dymo connect

2. dymo connect for windows 10

3. dymo printer not connected

4. dymo labelwriter 450 not connected,
  5. dymo wireless driver,
  6. cannot connetc to dymo network printer,
  7. dymo wireless not working,
  8. dymo printer not connecting,
  9. dymo wireless not showing up,
  10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dymo-400-labelwriter-how-do-i-get-this-to-work/0d99ed04-5169-41b2-b9e4-50bd04a9c4b9,
  11. dymo wireless printer,
  12. my dymo swireless will not connect to dymo connect,
  13. dymo labelwriter 450 driver windows 10,
  14. trouble shooting cant download dymo label writer soft ware for windows 10,
  15. cant print from dymo labwriter wireless