Windows 10: Dynabook System 1.5.0.1 Update

Discus and support Dynabook System 1.5.0.1 Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Toshiba Laptop was originally Windows 8 , with 4 GB RAM & 500 GB HDD, and has survived all Updates to this point. Currently Windows 10 Home 21H1 OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Buzzwood, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Buzzwood Win User

Dynabook System 1.5.0.1 Update

My Toshiba Laptop was originally Windows 8 , with 4 GB RAM & 500 GB HDD, and has survived all Updates to this point. Currently Windows 10 Home 21H1 OS Build 19043.1110. I wasn't sure exactly what category to post this. Since the issue involves Updates I am posting there. Recently under Updates, a Dynabook,Inc System 1.5.0.1 is attempting to be downloaded and installed. I realize this company is the current support for Toshiba Laptops. What I am confused about is that I can find no info on this update. I have visited Toshiba.com and Dynabook with no results. These sites require me to input in my C55-A5300 Laptop Model number and the resulting updates show no such update. I have also searched on Google and Bing for info. The only results are a reference to Microsoft's Update Catalog, which has no listing for this particular Update. Previous updates by Dynabook show under my update history, but those System updates don't match anything on the Dynabook website recommended for my model either. What I am mainly concerned about is that Microsoft just installs these on my computer with no apparent way to uninstall them if they cause a problem. I am pretty sure these involve driver updates. But, how do I know what drivers they are updating? So far I have paused updates rather than let this go through. Is there a way to stop these Dynabook Updates without stopping necessary Windows Updates? Or at least Uninstall them if need be. Should I be concerned?

:)

Buzzwood, Jul 29, 2021

2. System Reserved Partition on Disk 1 not Disk 0

The results were the same as before: Windows is installed in a single 477 GB partition on Disk 0 and the System Reserved is in a 500 MB partition on Drive 1. The rest of Drive 1 is unallocated. This is identical to the configuration I had when I asked the
    question.

The Media Creation Tool used to created the install ISO DVD is v. 10.0.14393 downloaded on 12/13/2016.

I followed your instructions:

• I selected Drive 0 and deleted the existing Windows partition.
    • I clicked New and Apply. Windows then formatted Drive 0 as a single primary partition.
    • The existing System Reserved partition was still on Drive 1.
    • So I deleted the System Reserved partition on Drive 1 and the just created Primary partition on Drive 0
    • I then selected Drive 0 and clicked New and Apply again. Same result a single Primary partition on Drive 0. Drive 1 was left unallocated.
    • Upon completion of the install
      • Windows occupies about 15 GB in the only partition on Drive 0
      • The 500 MB System Reserved partition was placed on Drive 1
      • The rest of Drive 1 is unallocated.

How can I get the System Reserved partition to be placed as the Partition 1 on Drive 0 with Windows installed in Partition 2?

Thanks.

Bill

B_Phillips, Jul 29, 2021
  3. System Reserved Partition on Disk 1 not Disk 0

I apologize for my poor communications skills. I followed the steps you'd recommended and show, but for me the System Reserved partition is being placed on Drive 1 not Drive 0. Do you know how I can get the results you got, with the System Reserved in Partition
    1 and Partition 2 marked Primary and both on Drive 0?

Keep in mind, as I tried to explain in my question and 1st reply, that there's an existing System Reserved partition on Drive 1 when I enter the "Where do you want to install Windows" screen. What can I do to achieve that?

I first tried to follow the steps you had described and show above, but only one partition marked Primary was placed on Drive 0. So I then deleted everything including the existing System Reserved partition on Drive 1 and deleted the Primary partition just
    created on Drive 0.

That left Drives 0 & 1 as all unallocated space, I then selected Drive 0 again, clicked New and Apply. Still what was returned was a single Primary partition on Drive 0. Drive 1 was still unallocated, but the install result, as shown below, has the System
    Reserved partition on Drive 1.

I can't understand why I'm getting results different than you're getting. In the past I've got the expected (both partitions on Drive 0) result on this same computer, but for some reason, I'm not getting them now.

This PC does have 6 drives and drive 0 is an SSD, but I haven't had this problem in previous clean installs.

Thanks for your patience.

Bill

Dynabook System 1.5.0.1 Update 07d436fc-4dfb-43ea-8e43-5d2f9492338e.png

B_Phillips, Jul 29, 2021
  4. chew Win User

changed reg from 0 to 1

i followed all steps and wmware15 still woudnt start. i've changed the registry from 0 to 1 and worked like a charm

Thema:

1. Dynabook System 1.5.0.1 Update - Similar Threads - Dynabook System Update

2. Move system partition from disk 0 to disk 1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move system partition from disk 0 to disk 1: I want to update my windows to windows 11 from windows 10. To do this I need to use the mbr2gpt tool, but I have an error because my c drive is on an ssd drive 1 and my system reserved partition boot files is on the hdd which is on drive 0 . I tried to use bcdboot to move the...
  3. Move system partition from disk 0 to disk 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move system partition from disk 0 to disk 1: I want to update my windows to windows 11 from windows 10. To do this I need to use the mbr2gpt tool, but I have an error because my c drive is on an ssd drive 1 and my system reserved partition boot files is on the hdd which is on drive 0 . I tried to use bcdboot to move the...
  4. Move system partition from disk 0 to disk 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving 1 Item, 0% complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving 1 Item, 0% complete: Hi, internet. Its my first time posting here and I do NOT plan to do so in the near future. See, the problem is that I want to transfer some files from one folder to another, and only today it so happens that this error, "Moving <number> items from dir to dir " and it simply...
  6. System interrupts always between 0 to 1% to 2% normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts always between 0 to 1% to 2% normal?: Is it ok that the proccess 'System Interrupts' keep oscillating between 0-1-2%? Or should it be always at 0%? submitted by /u/Sone3D [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jku4yz/system_interrupts_always_between_0_to_1_to_2/
  7. S-1-5-18

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    S-1-5-18: This keeps populating after fresh start. Multiple administrators and appears to be multiple OS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/s-1-5-18/55087d33-da58-4357-a471-15b6c3754c25
  8. Windows 1 0 Reset recovery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 1 0 Reset recovery: Hello, I recently had a problem with a company/hacker telling me I had to pay 400+ to get my key to operate my windows again after a trial period. I had also phone calls telling me the same. it warned me not to exit the screen, go to another site etc. or all would be...
  9. Only 1 of 5 systems display in NETWORK...?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Only 1 of 5 systems display in NETWORK...?: Hello, We have 5 Win10 systems on our office network all are V.1803 Build 17134.112, and all have shared resources. If, I click on NETWORK on one of the systems, only one other system displays. But, if I enter any of the 4 other systems by name on the address line, all of...
  10. Adobe flash update 5/1/16

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Adobe flash update 5/1/16: MS pushed a flash update to edge and IE11 today. All seems fine on my system so a safe update 36368

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Can i update window 10 In my dynabook