Windows 10: Dynamic disks not showing in Resource Monitor

Discus and support Dynamic disks not showing in Resource Monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Not sure why this happens... Hopefully someone can help me solve this. This is the second system that it has occurred on for me. Back when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pyrroc, Mar 6, 2020.

1. /u/Pyrroc Win User

Dynamic disks not showing in Resource Monitor

Dynamic disks not showing in Resource Monitor H-wzQIq7YUi8Ztov73ZKiIUr5W_oX31LDcUgkWSdX88.jpg

Not sure why this happens... Hopefully someone can help me solve this. This is the second system that it has occurred on for me. Back when I had a Win 7 Pro system with mirrored drives I distinctly remember both drives of a mirror showing in the resource monitor. FYI, the only data I could find mentioned resetting the PerfMon counters with "lodctr /r" from an admin prompt. I performed the PerfMon counter resets but nothing changed.

Both drives show properly in Disk Manager:

https://preview.redd.it/5dh30an1f5l...bp&s=e55ba63d5ad3ac298d14411785c7b85eb86a98e0

Both drives show properly in Task Manager -> Performance tab:

https://preview.redd.it/r28fcne6f5l...bp&s=eaca24c7428d3d99b2190f5c8726960e495d65ee

Drives don't show up in the Resource Monitor -> Disk tab:

Note that the disk mirror sync throughput registers against the System process/service.

https://preview.redd.it/w76gmxpcf5l...bp&s=c6a5f3374a6059b6a49da79bbebbfe6ba8ee4358

Edit: Further info:

File activity on the missing drive(s) shows in the Disk Activity panel, but still no stats on the physical devices in the Storage panel at the bottom:

https://preview.redd.it/01eat179i5l...bp&s=7c5979a668ea61bf42a34949893b8027ee306b4d

More info: PerfMon works for both physical disks

submitted by /u/Pyrroc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pyrroc, Mar 6, 2020
  2. MarcusM89 Win User

resource monitor not showing disks on windows 10

is there anyway to reset the resource monitor so it shows all my disks? Not showing anything in storage area. Computer seems to work fine. Everything shows up on task manager.

Thanks!

MarcusM89, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Disk CDynamic disks not showing in Resource Monitor :(OS) shows in the Resource monitor as E:2\

Hi!

On one of my PC's disk CDynamic disks not showing in Resource Monitor :(OS) shows in the Resource Monitor as E:2\

I think this happened when I was restoring my whole OS drive from backup. As a result all of my drives and partitions got messed up. This is the only thing I can't explain and I don't understand what does it mean?

Any suggestions?

Dynamic disks not showing in Resource Monitor 6c2dc27e-5302-4b2c-8863-9d15b1f495fe?upload=true.jpg

Jack ѬJDz, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Ariel Aba Win User

Convert Basic Disk into Dynamic Disk

Hi Charbel,

It would be helpful if you mentioned the things that you have tried to do that failed so that we can skip those steps. You can follow the steps provided in the article:
    How to convert a basic disk to a dynamic disk in Windows 7, to change a basic disk to
    a dynamic one. The instructions are also applicable for Windows 10. You can also check this article:
    Extend a basic volume.

Ensure that you create a back up for your system as well.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Dynamic disks not showing in Resource Monitor - Similar Threads - Dynamic disks showing

2. Disk 100%, the resource monitor shows a lot of things that I don't understand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 100%, the resource monitor shows a lot of things that I don't understand: My laptop lags at random points, but also lags for a long time on startup and many of the high disk usage programs. Yesterday I ran an antivirus scan with malwarebytes and I wonder if this could have caused it, however I had these lag issues before that and did nothing but...
  3. Disk 100%, the resource monitor shows a lot of things that I don't understand

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk 100%, the resource monitor shows a lot of things that I don't understand: My laptop lags at random points, but also lags for a long time on startup and many of the high disk usage programs. Yesterday I ran an antivirus scan with malwarebytes and I wonder if this could have caused it, however I had these lag issues before that and did nothing but...
  4. Disk 100%, the resource monitor shows a lot of things that I don't understand

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High disk usage in resource monitor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High disk usage in resource monitor.: Hi my name is David,Recently i noticed high disk usage from "System" In resource monitorMy disk is going "Wawes " patern:Reading , Not reading , Reading , Not reading , and this countinues on for 5 - 6 hoursI scanned my entire pc with Defender, Malwarebytes , msert.exeI...
  6. Resource Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resource Monitor: Why is this happening? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resource-monitor/5742dd19-f885-4765-b836-072463e98a3a
  7. Invalid Dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Invalid Dynamic disk: I have connected my old laptops hard disk to a new one and it is not accessible. In device management the hard disk shows "Dynamic" and "Invalid". so what should I do ?...
  8. Disk Management and Dynamic Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management and Dynamic Disk: Hi, I'm a windows 10 user. While I was partitioning my disk using disk management tool, I've seen that I have created three F: drives. Is there any way to combine all three drives together?[ATTACH]...
  9. Resource Monitor shows D: as K:<number>

Resource Monitor shows D: as K:<number>: Today I was casually viewing Resource Manager disk activity and curiously saw that my D: gets mentioned as K:0, K:1, K:7 [ATTACH] What's the idea behind this weird naming convention?...
  10. Disk C:(OS) shows in the Resource monitor as E:2\

Disk C:(OS) shows in the Resource monitor as E:2\: Hi! On one of my PC's disk C:(OS) shows in the Resource Monitor as E:2\ I think this happened when I was restoring my whole OS drive from backup. As a result all of my drives and partitions got messed up. This is the only thing I can't explain and I don't understand what...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvme drive not on resource monitor

2. resource monitor not showing dynamic mirror

3. dynamic disk not showing

4. windows not displaying dynamic disk