Windows 10: Dynamic Folders

Discus and support Dynamic Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, I am looking for a way to create dynamic folders whereby the contents of a folder are linked to other folders. For example if I had the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JC_725, Mar 12, 2019.

1. JC_725 Win User

Dynamic Folders

Hi All,

I am looking for a way to create dynamic folders whereby the contents of a folder are linked to other folders. For example if I had the following folders:

Folder 1

File 1a

Sub-Folder 1.1

File 1.1a

Folder 2

File 2a

File 2b

All Files Folder

I would like the "All Files Folder" to include all documents from folders 1 and 2 but no sub-folders. So the folder would contain only:

File 1a

File 2a

File 2b

Is there a way to do this? Any help is much appreciated.

:)

JC_725, Mar 12, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Le Boule Win User
    After Full Scan with windows defender i got problem to remove Trojan:win32/Dynamer!ac

https://www.microsoft.com/security/...Name=Trojan:Win32/Dynamer!ac&ocid=-2147283291

If Windows Defender will not alleviate this problem, recommend you follow the suggestions in this free multi-step removal guide from Malwaretips.com. The removal tools/procedures are free. http://malwaretips.com/blogs/trojan-win32-dynamer-ac-removal/

But…

If none of the other tools listed in the Malwaretips guide identify any malware, you are using an HP laptop and the alleged malware detection by Windows Defender is listed as
    being in the “D” Drive on the laptop then you may be seeing a “false positive” detection. Should you determine you are probably seeing a "false detection"
    suggest you post back in this thread with further information.

Good luck…

Le Boule, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Dynamic Folders

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Dynamic Folders

1. Dynamic Folders - Similar Threads - Dynamic Folders

2. How I can make my Dynamic disk to basic Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I can make my Dynamic disk to basic Disk: How I can make my Dynamic disk back to Basic .it is my main Disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-make-my-dynamic-disk-to-basic-disk/d506d312-5e4c-4d0e-b84d-3a8bc597a0f1
  3. How I can make my Dynamic disk to basic Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I can make my Dynamic disk to basic Disk: How I can make my Dynamic disk back to Basic .it is my main Disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-make-my-dynamic-disk-to-basic-disk/d506d312-5e4c-4d0e-b84d-3a8bc597a0f1
  4. Is there a way to do registry editing dynamically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to do registry editing dynamically?: Well, as a programmer, I need to have my pc fast and good to work in. But the worst thing that when I edit values in registry editor and always to apply changes it need to restart the pc. And that's bad for me as an HDD used so the pc will make me lose alot of time that I...
  5. Is there a way to do registry editing dynamically?

Is there a way to do registry editing dynamically?: Well, as a programmer, I need to have my pc fast and good to work in. But the worst thing that when I edit values in registry editor and always to apply changes it need to restart the pc. And that's bad for me as an HDD used so the pc will make me lose alot of time that I...
  6. Is there a way to do registry editing dynamically?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How can I create custom dynamic icons like the folder icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I create custom dynamic icons like the folder icon?: In creating and organizing my files, I noticed that there is not an obvious method to creating custom dynamic folder icons like those that come prebuilt with Windows. There is also a lack of resources readily available online to demonstrate whether or not this is possible and...
  8. How can I create custom dynamic icons like the folder icon?

How can I create custom dynamic icons like the folder icon?: In creating and organizing my files, I noticed that there is not an obvious method to creating custom dynamic folder icons like those that come prebuilt with Windows. There is also a lack of resources readily available online to demonstrate whether or not this is possible and...
  9. How to block Quick Access from displaying folders and files dynamically in Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to block Quick Access from displaying folders and files dynamically in Windows 10 and 11: Microsoft introduced Quick Access in Windows 10 and has kept the feature in the recently released Windows 11 operating system. Quick Access replaced the Favorites system in File Explorer. One of the core differences between the two features is that Quick Access adds a dynamic...
  10. Win10: Choose Folder for Dynamic Icon Preview (on Start Menu)

Win10: Choose Folder for Dynamic Icon Preview (on Start Menu): Hi, This question appears about 50 times. It seems MS has removed the ability to Choose which folder to show on dynamic Icon (on start menu) Some quick responses suggest using the "favorites" approach, That's absolutely funny: after 40 years of modern computing, the...