Windows 10: Dynamic (foreign) Disks1 Issue

Discus and support Dynamic (foreign) Disks1 Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I finished installing Windows 10. I've found the issue that my external hard drive is not showing up, It is looking Dynamic Disks1 (foreign) :(... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AtiqurSumon, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Dynamic (foreign) Disks1 Issue

When I finished installing Windows 10. I've found the issue that my external hard drive is not showing up, It is looking Dynamic Disks1 (foreign) Dynamic (foreign) Disks1 Issue :(

So, anyone could you please give me a hand to solve the issue without Loss of Data?

Dynamic (foreign) Disks1 Issue 6b699d3f-092f-4fc4-a50f-a29df8888ce7?upload=true.jpg

:)

AtiqurSumon, Mar 7, 2019

2. Foreign Disk

Hi,

You will only lose the data in the Foreign Disk once you convert it to a "Basic Disk" in Disk Management.

To allow the disk to be recognized, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type "Disk Management" and click on it.
    • Right-click on the foreign disk and select "Import Foreign Disks..."

Feel free to post back with more information.

Israel Arn, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Tom Soon Win User

Dynamic (foreign) Disks1 Issue

Any risks of losing data on the HDD by importing dynamic "Foreign Disks"

After a sector-by-sector system disk recovery of Windows 10, both of my user HDDs, configured as mirrored disks, recognized as dynamic "foreign disks".

Found some information about importing the "foreign disk" so the system can recognize them again.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771775(v=ws.11).aspx#BKMK_4

Like to make sure there is no risk of losing data on importing these "Foreign Disks" before I do it. Can't find any useful information on Microsoft websites to give me a definitively answer to address my concerns.

Could anyone had such experiences please provide any pointing of directions or answers?

Otherwise, have to figure out a way to backup the huge volume of data before I do it.

Thanks a great deal.

Tom Soon, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Dynamic (foreign) Disks1 Issue

1. Dynamic (foreign) Disks1 Issue - Similar Threads - Dynamic foreign Disks1

2. Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue: HiWe had Workstation With Windows XP with DDE server and SCADA system Supervisory control and data acquisition works as DDE Client, it was working good and communication was very good.issue:We upgraded Windows XP to Windows 10 With the same DDE server and the same SCADA...
  3. Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue: HiWe had Workstation With Windows XP with DDE server and SCADA system Supervisory control and data acquisition works as DDE Client, it was working good and communication was very good.issue:We upgraded Windows XP to Windows 10 With the same DDE server and the same SCADA...
  4. Dynamic data exchange DDE Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Dynamic Disk defaults to "Foreign" when switching between Windows 10 and Windows 7 in Dual...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dynamic Disk defaults to "Foreign" when switching between Windows 10 and Windows 7 in Dual...: I have a dual boot configuration set up with Windows 10 primary OS and Windows 7. Background: The dual-boot setup was previously working fine, until the Windows 10 dev team installed another one of their half-baked updates late June / early July 2020 and wrecked the entire...
  6. dynamic lock issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    dynamic lock issue: the dynamic lock works when I live my computer, but when I return the dynamic lock does not find the device telephone. I need to unpair and pair the telephone to get dynamic lock works once. please, note that the phone is still connected to the PC. any suggestion ?...
  7. Windows 10 foreign notification? How to solve this issue?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 foreign notification? How to solve this issue?: Does anybody knows what kind of notifications this is and how to solve this? Could it be a hotkey notification? The notification: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-foreign-notification-how-to-solve-this/82350f1f-845d-48db-83e9-0eea7d2ae8d8
  8. How to Solve Dynamic Disk1 Foreign Status

How to Solve Dynamic Disk1 Foreign Status: Hi professional, I'm going through a difficult problem. My computer's External Hard Drive not being detected. The warning sign is Dynamic Disk1 (foreign) *Sad I'm just searching for the best solution to discover it well without Losing Data? [img] 128506
  9. Second (not new) hdd dynamic foreign

Second (not new) hdd dynamic foreign: Hi my second hdd died unfortunately , but I took another hdd from my older comp.. I just attached it, device manager see's it and also disk manager.. but.. file explorer doesnt see it.. I saved a screen shot but the info from right clicking the drive didnt save.. this is the...
  10. foreign upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    foreign upgrade: just curious as to why the update has not come along im currently at 1803 but nothing has updated in Singapore at the moment but should be reg in Bremerton WA USA WT* 123061