Windows 10: Dynamic HDR Switching?

Discus and support Dynamic HDR Switching? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 (1909) with a Nvidia 2080Ti on a Samsung CRG9. Some games (for example, Destiny 2) will automatically switch to HDR when launched,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/benjamin_noah, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Dynamic HDR Switching?

Running Windows 10 (1909) with a Nvidia 2080Ti on a Samsung CRG9.

Some games (for example, Destiny 2) will automatically switch to HDR when launched, even if the HDR option isn't turned on in Windows. Most games, though (for example, Sea of Thieves and Modern Warfare) won't. For those games, I have to go into the Windows HD Color settings, enable HDR, launch the game, then disable HDR support again in Windows when I'm finished playing.

Is there a way to make those games in the latter category automatically switch to HDR support, without needing to enable and then disable HDR every time in Windows?

submitted by /u/benjamin_noah
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/benjamin_noah, Apr 8, 2020

2. "HDR and advanced color" setting automatically switches back to "Off" when turned "On".

The implementation of HDR isn't very good. Windows 10 doesn't use dynamic HDR switching, so if you toggle it on, that means SDR content will have HDR applied to it (like the desktop). This means your desktop will look dim, washed out and text will have
    artifacts around it, even though the color space is 10-bit YCC422. Microsoft needs to either have HDR switch dynamically to content that uses HDR, or have some sort of conversion that applies 10-bit YCC422 rec. 2020 color space to the 709 color space, so
    the desktop and SDR content looks normal.

You can reduce the resolution to 4k@30 hz which might help the text artifacts, but it won't help the dim and washed out colors for SDR content (like your desktop).

Most people turn the HDR toggle off and only turn it on when they are going to play a game or watch content that's HDR enabled.

Prophecy MS, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography and videography with UWP

Read more: High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography and videography with Universal Windows Platform (UWP) | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Dynamic HDR Switching?

(17763.1 and 18362.1)Play HDR apps and games option disapper when I set duplicate mode.

Hi Lin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model of your computer?
    2. What is the make and model of your both monitors?
    3. As you have given multiple versions of Windows 10, is this issue occurring on multiple computers?

Not all displays are optimized for HDR. If you have two displays and move the HDR video onto a display that’s not optimized for HDR, you’ll get the appropriate standard dynamic range (SDR) as soon as new content starts to play.

To play streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video in Windows 10, your external display and Windows 10 PC needs to support HDR. To find the specifications for a specific PC or external display, visit the device manufacturer’s website.

It might be that one of your monitors doesn’t' support HDR, so I suggest you to refer
    Display requirements for HDR video in Windows 10 and check
    if your monitors support HDR.

You may also refer Stream HDR video on Windows 10 and
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10 and check if this helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Dynamic HDR Switching?

1. Dynamic HDR Switching? - Similar Threads - Dynamic HDR Switching

2. Windows 11 Dynamic wallpaper is not switching images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Dynamic wallpaper is not switching images: since 2 days ago, my wallpaper stopped switching from the images Microsoft highlights to the default Windows 11 Bloom wallpaper and i can't switch it manually to other imagesthe Dynamic images theme is selected as you can seewhat could it possibly be?...
  3. Windows 11 Dynamic wallpaper is not switching images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Dynamic wallpaper is not switching images: since 2 days ago, my wallpaper stopped switching from the images Microsoft highlights to the default Windows 11 Bloom wallpaper and i can't switch it manually to other imageswhat could it possibly be?...
  4. AMD and NVIDIA dynamic switch mouse freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD and NVIDIA dynamic switch mouse freeze: I Got new legion 5 2021 model with r7 5800h and RTX 3070 I'm facing an annoying problem, I investigated it and found it was there about three years old Laptop Freeze Problem but not worked for meLaptop mouse freezes for a fraction of time in these cases and me be more, but...
  5. AMD and NVIDIA dynamic switch mouse freeze

AMD and NVIDIA dynamic switch mouse freeze: I Got new legion 5 2021 model with r7 5800h and RTX 3070 I'm facing an annoying problem, I investigated it and found it was there about three years old Laptop Freeze Problem but not worked for meLaptop mouse freezes for a fraction of time in these cases and me be more, but...
  6. AMD and NVIDIA dynamic switch mouse freeze

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. BUG in Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 4k switching to HDR with no HDR support from...

BUG in Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 4k switching to HDR with no HDR support from...: HiI have big problem with Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter 4k. It sends HDR signal to my BENQ ew3270u Monitor. The scree is so bright that I barely see on it anything. And because of that, the HDR signal I cannot change brightness from my monitor's menu. I can't change this...
  8. dynamically switch ribbon resources in mfc application

in Windows 10 Customization
    dynamically switch ribbon resources in mfc application: The user of my MFC app needs to be able to click on a ribbonbutton to switch to a different ribbon UI for example, in a differentlanguage. I have IDR_RIBBON and IDR_RIBBON1 in my project. The"switch" button has the following event handler: void CMainFrame::OnSwitchRibbon...
  9. HDR cannot be switched on under Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR cannot be switched on under Windows 10?: I've tried a few things now. Never used to play with it, but until recently I was able to turn it on. The button simply resets itself directly. My screen is capable and this is also displayed. Also I am up to date. Restarting the PC did not work either. Unfortunately...
  10. High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography and videography with UWP

in Windows 10 News
    High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography and videography with UWP: High Dynamic Range Imaging (HDR) is a technique that uses multiple exposures of the same shot in order to reproduce a greater dynamic range of luminosity than is possible with standard digital imaging or photographic techniques. The Universal Windows Platform (UWP) empowers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. crg9 ycc422

2. uwp hdr auto switch sdr

3. does corsair one support hdr