Windows 10: Dynamic IP auto changed to static

Discus and support Dynamic IP auto changed to static in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Something very weird happened to me and I can't find a solution anywhere. I was working with the Bash shell in Azure, manipulating my VM on Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ckcoronas, Feb 5, 2019.

1. ckcoronas Win User

Dynamic IP auto changed to static

Something very weird happened to me and I can't find a solution anywhere.

I was working with the Bash shell in Azure, manipulating my VM on Google Chrome. On other tabs were just research through random websites about mysql as well as azure. The only other program I had open was outlook.

As I was researching for a specific mysql command, I lost connectivity to the internet.

Other than that, I was running commands within azure, no scripts or anything else.

Investigating the issue, my automatic IP (as per the norm) switched to a static IP:

Dynamic IP auto changed to static 2b04c4eb-4fc0-41ea-bdff-1be1be14bac3?upload=true.jpg

I know the screenshot is pretty useless, but I did none of that.

This IP belongs to MS, but I have no idea why my computer did all of this.

A complete scan overnight found no viruses. Even still, I re-imaged my computer.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

:)

ckcoronas, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Drapinqs Win User

How Do I Change A Dynamic IP To A Static IP?

Hi. I Currently Am Running A MineCraft Server. But, When My Friends Ask For The IP, It Changes Everyday. So I Asked My Friend What To Do And He Said I Have A "Dynamic IP" And I Should Change It To A "Static IP". Sooo, What Do I Do?

Drapinqs, Feb 5, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Dynamic IP auto changed to static

Static IP on Lumia 950.

Hi,

Follow the steps below and check if the features to apply static IP is available in your device.

• Navigate to settings.
    • Search or navigate to “Wi-Fi”.
    • Scroll all the way down and tap “static ip”.
    • Turn on “Configure network settings manually”.
    • Key in the IP address, subnet mask and other details

Note: Do remember that your router / DHCP should support allocating static IP for this feature to work.

If the above feature is not available then your model may not support the same.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Dynamic IP auto changed to static

1. Dynamic IP auto changed to static - Similar Threads - Dynamic auto changed

2. Setting a persistent static IP address?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting a persistent static IP address?: Backstory: My HTPC runs Windows 10. Most of the time it's just running Kodi, but I also have a samba/network share up so that I can access my Music folder from around the house on my phone or laptop. The IP on that computer was previously set to a static IP (192.168.1.100,...
  3. IP static of my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IP static of my laptop: Hi I'm Mahdi from Iran. My laptop is stolen and I want to find that and the thief location.I'm worried about my laptop and personal files. I tried to locate that but I couldn't. I need static IP of my laptop when he use of my device. How can I get static IP? Can you find...
  4. Cant change my dynamic IP address :)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant change my dynamic IP address :): Hello :)) I cant change my dynamic IP address. Have followed the instructions on windows 10. Problem is, when I clicked ethernet and I'm in my network, I cant find the "edit IP address" section at all. Theres absolutely no option to change it. And Yes, I have a dynamic IP...
  5. No dynamic IP on end user system...

No dynamic IP on end user system...: I have an end user who is too far away to do an onsite troubleshoot. He came to us and said that he could not get a dynamic IP by wired connection. And before anyone asks, I do not believe he has any kind of assigned IP pool so I don't believe he can force an IP. When he...
  6. Internet for static ip??

Internet for static ip??: Hi, I have a computer with a static ip of 10.19.1.100 which is connected to a router. How can I get internet access to it? The router has a with an ip of 172.x.y.1 and a DNS of 172.x.y.103. I tried giving my computer a DNS of 172.x.y.103 but that did nothing. Is this...
  7. IP Connect to Static IP

IP Connect to Static IP: I have an A-V device with a static IP address. With my XP-Pro laptop, I can connect fine, but with my new laptop running WIN10Pro, I can't seem to find the right combination of settings to"see" the device. The static IP allows control of the A-V device's app., with the app....
  8. No internet connection with static IP

No internet connection with static IP: Hi guys, I have a strange issue with Win10, I'm trying to assign a static IP so I can RDP to the machine and use wake on lan. When the pc has a DHCP assigned IP it can access the internet but when I assign a static one(even the one DHCP assigned) it gets no internet...
  9. Static IP adress vs DHCP

Static IP adress vs DHCP: Hi I've just updated a W7 machine to W10. The update has take all the settings from W7 and the machine was operating without problem before the update. When running W7 the machine had a static IP address of 192.168.1.1 and all of the other machines could access the...
  10. Static IP with a specific Network

Static IP with a specific Network: Hi. Sometimes, i need use a static IP in a network at the office. With my android phone, the specific network as configured to get static IP. All other networks gets automatic IP's. So, when i need connect windows 10 to this network, i open control panel, select network...