Windows 10: Dynamic IP auto changed to static

Discus and support Dynamic IP auto changed to static in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Something very weird happened to me and I can't find a solution anywhere. I was working with the Bash shell in Azure, manipulating my VM on Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ckcoronas, Feb 5, 2019.

1. ckcoronas Win User

Dynamic IP auto changed to static

Something very weird happened to me and I can't find a solution anywhere.

I was working with the Bash shell in Azure, manipulating my VM on Google Chrome. On other tabs were just research through random websites about mysql as well as azure. The only other program I had open was outlook.

As I was researching for a specific mysql command, I lost connectivity to the internet.

Other than that, I was running commands within azure, no scripts or anything else.

Investigating the issue, my automatic IP (as per the norm) switched to a static IP:

Dynamic IP auto changed to static 2b04c4eb-4fc0-41ea-bdff-1be1be14bac3?upload=true.jpg

I know the screenshot is pretty useless, but I did none of that.

This IP belongs to MS, but I have no idea why my computer did all of this.

A complete scan overnight found no viruses. Even still, I re-imaged my computer.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

:)

ckcoronas, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Drapinqs Win User

How Do I Change A Dynamic IP To A Static IP?

Hi. I Currently Am Running A MineCraft Server. But, When My Friends Ask For The IP, It Changes Everyday. So I Asked My Friend What To Do And He Said I Have A "Dynamic IP" And I Should Change It To A "Static IP". Sooo, What Do I Do?

Drapinqs, Feb 5, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Dynamic IP auto changed to static

Static IP on Lumia 950.

Hi,

Follow the steps below and check if the features to apply static IP is available in your device.

• Navigate to settings.
    • Search or navigate to “Wi-Fi”.
    • Scroll all the way down and tap “static ip”.
    • Turn on “Configure network settings manually”.
    • Key in the IP address, subnet mask and other details

Note: Do remember that your router / DHCP should support allocating static IP for this feature to work.

If the above feature is not available then your model may not support the same.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Dynamic IP auto changed to static

1. Dynamic IP auto changed to static - Similar Threads - Dynamic auto changed

2. Is there a reason to configure an office printer with a dynamic IP address instead of static?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a reason to configure an office printer with a dynamic IP address instead of static?: Ok this is my first question; remember I am a newbie to IT. Yesterday I had an on-site printer call, and the fix was very simple however I noticed he had a printer getting 169.x.x.x which of course is an APPIPA address. I always configured printers with static IP addresses....
  3. Is there a reason to configure an office printer with a dynamic IP address instead of static?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a reason to configure an office printer with a dynamic IP address instead of static?: Ok this is my first question; remember I am a newbie to IT. Yesterday I had an on-site printer call, and the fix was very simple however I noticed he had a printer getting 169.x.x.x which of course is an APPIPA address. I always configured printers with static IP addresses....
  4. Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP

Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP: The setup I'm using requires a static IP.From time to time, haven't figured out any pattern, Windows 10 changes it back to DHCP. Sometimes the "new" settings menu shows DHCP, while the old style Control Panel > Network still shows the values I've set to.Any ideas what can be...
  5. Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows randomly changes static IP to DHCP: The setup I'm using requires a static IP.From time to time, haven't figured out any pattern, Windows 10 changes it back to DHCP. Sometimes the "new" settings menu shows DHCP, while the old style Control Panel > Network still shows the values I've set to.Any ideas what can be...
  6. Static ip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static ip: i've had a static ip for 10+ years and now when i set it it says i have an unidentifiable network and it wont connect at all, ive had windows diagnose the problem and fixes it by saying the DHCP is disabled, any help would be appreciated. im useing nord vpn if that helps at...
  7. Static ip

Static ip: i've had a static ip for 10+ years and now when i set it it says i have an unidentifiable network and it wont connect at all, ive had windows diagnose the problem and fixes it by saying the DHCP is disabled, any help would be appreciated. im useing nord vpn if that helps at...
  8. Static ip

9. Cant change my dynamic IP address :)

Cant change my dynamic IP address :): Hello :)) I cant change my dynamic IP address. Have followed the instructions on windows 10. Problem is, when I clicked ethernet and I'm in my network, I cant find the "edit IP address" section at all. Theres absolutely no option to change it. And Yes, I have a dynamic IP...
  10. IP Connect to Static IP

IP Connect to Static IP: I have an A-V device with a static IP address. With my XP-Pro laptop, I can connect fine, but with my new laptop running WIN10Pro, I can't seem to find the right combination of settings to"see" the device. The static IP allows control of the A-V device's app., with the app....