Windows 10: "Dynamic Lock Not Working" - WHAT IS THAT?

Discus and support "Dynamic Lock Not Working" - WHAT IS THAT? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I suddenly have a pop-up on my screen telling me Dynamic Lock is not working. There's a place I can go to alter the settings and pair up my device.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Roger_Stone, Jan 2, 2021.

1. "Dynamic Lock Not Working" - WHAT IS THAT?

I suddenly have a pop-up on my screen telling me Dynamic Lock is not working. There's a place I can go to alter the settings and pair up my device. There is no explanation of what it is, what it does, who has created it, and certainly no choice about whether I WANT it to be working.

However, I have never previously heard of this "Dynamic Lock". I don't know who has sent this pop-up; it is unsigned, and it could be any piece of hackware that's found a way onto my computer. I don't have a smartphone, and I'm beginning to feel like an alien on my own planet because of this; I resent that. Who would have the colossal arrogance to assume they know best how I ought to live, what I want or don't want on my computer, and wouldn't even bother to announce who they are, when they bring these changes about?

Well, that's a clue in itself. It must be Microsoft.

Where can I go to find out what this is all about, please?

:)

Roger_Stone, Jan 2, 2021

2. dynamic lock issue

the dynamic lock works when I live my computer, but when I return the dynamic lock does not find the device (telephone). I need to unpair and pair the telephone to get dynamic lock works once. please, note that the phone is still connected to the PC.
    any suggestion ?

davide-l69, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    "Dynamic lock is not working" ?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you get a message Dynamic lock is not working. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

Dynamic lock is a feature in Windows 10 which allows you to use devices that are paired with your PC to help detect when you’re away, and lock your PC shortly after your paired device is out of Bluetooth range. This
    makes it more difficult for someone to gain access to your device if you step away from your PC and forget to lock it. For more information, see
    Lock your Windows 10 PC automatically when you step away from
    it

It could be possible that a device such as mobile phone connected to your computer is not within the Bluetooth range that is the reason you are seeing this message. In case you had your phone connected to the computer and seeing
    this message, to fix this, just go to Start >> Settings >>
    Accounts >> Sign-in options >> Dynamic lock and select
    Scan for device.

This will automatically detect the phone and connect it back. Make sure the device is in range and Bluetooth is turned on.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 2, 2021
  4. "Dynamic Lock Not Working" - WHAT IS THAT?

dynamic lock

Hi dude

for making the Bluetooth connection my phone is asking a pairing passkey but pc is not asking for.In this case how can I use dynamic lock.Dude please provide me with the steps because dynamic lock is very essential for me

Saisumanth549, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

"Dynamic Lock Not Working" - WHAT IS THAT?

1. "Dynamic Lock Not Working" - WHAT IS THAT? - Similar Threads - Dynamic Lock Working

2. Dynamic Lock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dynamic Lock: Hello with multiple vendor platforms of smartphones all using Microsoft's Authenticator application, is there also away to use dynamic lock with a imported certificate to use with multi factor authentication for users that do not have a fingerprint reader on their...
  3. Dynamic Lock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Dynamic Lock: Hello with multiple vendor platforms of smartphones all using Microsoft's Authenticator application, is there also away to use dynamic lock with a imported certificate to use with multi factor authentication for users that do not have a fingerprint reader on their...
  4. "Dynamic lock is not working" ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Dynamic lock is not working" ?: Not sure what "Dynamic lock is not working" Please help? * Moved from Virus & Malware * Original title: drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dynamic-lock-is-not-working/ebc15016-bedd-4d8d-a001-e69afb1f675b
  5. Dynamic Lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dynamic Lock: I am getting an error when i turn my computer that Dynamic Lock is not working and I need to turn on my Bluetooth. When i go to Bluetooth there is no on/off button like there is on my other computer with windows 10. I have looked online and it says to go to Device Mgr and...
  6. Dynamic lock and iPhone won't work

Dynamic lock and iPhone won't work: Hi all, trying to use the Dynamic lock feature with my iPhone XR but windows just says "your paired device cannot be found. it may be off, out of range or its bluetooth is off." even if I "scan for device". My iPhone is paired. Anyone knows how to fix this? Winver 1909,...
  7. dynamic lock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    dynamic lock: hello How do I clear the dynamic lock warning on my Windows 10 PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dynamic-lock/2cdff9d8-0963-4db6-8c53-4a42c2609d49"
  8. DYNAMIC LOCK

DYNAMIC LOCK: I have several iPhones and Window 10 is set to lock the machine when I step away. This works. When I return however I see a notification that the sign-in cannot detect the phone. So I have to manually get into settings and get it to scan for my phone. I have looked around...
  9. dynamic lock not working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    dynamic lock not working?: Hi there, the dynamic lock states Not working -and cannot find the paired device, either out of range or Bluetooth off (but indeed has already paired before except only file transfer Bluetooth has not worked at all)? referring to the iPhone6s+, in fact on both devices it's...
  10. Dynamic Lock not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dynamic Lock not working: My dynamic lock isn't working with my iPhone even though in windows settings my phone is paired in blue tooth. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dynamic-lock-not-working/e4b8984e-8e3e-4d2e-a9bb-a095ea1969a1