Windows 10: Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10

Discus and support Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Jon here. (First post. Running Win10 Pro X64, version 1909, on a Fujitsu desktop which originally ran Win8 - I wiped/reformatted the HDD and did a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JonJenkins, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10

Hi, Jon here. (First post. Running Win10 Pro X64, version 1909, on a Fujitsu desktop which originally ran Win8 - I wiped/reformatted the HDD and did a clean install of W10 from an official ISO). Several years ago I bought a Dynamode HDD enclosure and I connected a 320Gb HDD to it and used it on an older PC (Win7). However, it doesn't work on my current PC at all. I plug it in, connect it, and get an error message "USB port failed to reset". This happens on all the USB ports I try it on. In Device Manager it shows up as "unknown device", and it doesn't appear at all in Disk Manager. Other things do work OK on the USB ports. I dusted off an old spare PC (still running WinXP) and tried it on that - it works fine. Before posting here, I have googled around and tried the most common workarounds, eg Uninstall Device (in dev mgr) and restart the PC, change power management settings on the USB hubs. No joy so far! I'm wondering is there something about the generic USB hub driver (usbhub.sys) in W10 which doesn't support this device? Should I roll back the driver and try an older version? (I have backups of several older versions of this driver, copied from older PCs). Thanks for reading, and thanks for any replies!

:)

JonJenkins, Jul 13, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Why does my Ugreen HDD enclosure not work with Windows 10 Home v1809? It works with my Lenovo Windows 10

Hi Antoinette,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that the HDD enclosure is not getting detected in Asus Vivo book, we will look into this for you. However, it would be great if you can help us with the information requested below:

• Are you able to connect any other device to the laptop?
    • Do you see any Unknown Device in Device Manager?

As you have mentioned that you are have already tried updating the drivers and didn’t find the HDD enclosure showing in Device Manager, follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Check Unknown devices

We can check if the HDD enclosure shows as an Unknown device. If it shows as an Unknown device, we can try to update the drivers.

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. In Device Manager window, check if there is a section of
      Unknown device.
    3. If you see Unknown device, right click on it and select
      Update Device.
    4. If prompted, restart the computer.

Method 2:

I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Error: “USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive
    expect Method 2 and see if that makes any difference.

You may also check if there is Intel Rapid Storage driver available in the computer manufacturer’s website. If any, I suggest you to install it and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 13, 2021
  3. Pegaside Win User
    HDD Enclosure keeps disconnecting.

My old ASUS laptop couldn't boot up Windows, so I took out the Hard Disk Drive and put it in an enclosure to access my data to my new laptop.

However, when I put my HDD in the enclosure, and connected it to my laptop with a USB 3.0 cable, my laptop detects it, but after a few seconds, like 15, it disconnects from my laptop, while the enclosure is still on.

When the 2 drives do pop up when I open up File Explorer (F: and GDynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10 :) and either right click on them, try to open them, or even just looking at them, it either makes File Explorer unresponsive until HDD is disconnected, or green bar takes forever to load
    and then disconnects eventually.

Enclosure is from SABRENT, and the Hard Disk Drive is an ST500LT012-1DG142 Seagate 500MB HDD.

Any fix?

Pegaside, Jul 13, 2021
  4. Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10

Problem in transferring Data to HDD SATA hardware enclosure kit

Hello,

There could be many reasons for this issue.

• Could be because of corrupted or outdated USB drivers.
    • Could be problem with HDD SATA hardware enclosure kit.
    • Might have occurred due to third party application conflicts.
    • Might be because of third party applications installed on your system.
    Initially, you may check if the same issue occurs with other PC as well. If not, try to update or reinstall USB drivers and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Go to Device manager in control panel.
    • Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.
    • Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.
    • Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.
    I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10

1. Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10 - Similar Threads - Dynamode HDD enclosure

2. SSD and HDD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD and HDD not recognised.: Hi All.I have bought another PC recently. It had an HDD fitted but I decided to fit the SSD from my old PC along with this HDD. It seemed like a straight addition to the new PC but having done that I am getting the message 'Cannot find a bootable device'. Can someone please...
  3. SSD and HDD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD and HDD not recognised.: Hi All.I have bought another PC recently. It had an HDD fitted but I decided to fit the SSD from my old PC along with this HDD. It seemed like a straight addition to the new PC but having done that I am getting the message 'Cannot find a bootable device'. Can someone please...
  4. SSD and HDD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10: Hi, Jon here. (First post. Running Win10 Pro X64, version 1909, on a Fujitsu desktop which originally ran Win8 - I wiped/reformatted the HDD and did a clean install of W10 from an official ISO). Several years ago I bought a Dynamode HDD enclosure and I connected a 320Gb HDD...
  6. HDD not recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD not recognised: Hi, Am hoping somebody can give me some help getting my 2nd HDD recognised. The full story in brief on how this has happened is :- I did a windows update & after that my pc wouldnt boot i suspect due to usb drivers being disabled , anyway it meant i couldnt even use my mouse...
  7. Other Colors for HDD enclosures?

Other Colors for HDD enclosures?: Might be a bit of a long shot this as I have looked. Other then black, silver or white, is it possible to purchase a USB 3 2.5 or SSD/HDD enclosure only, in red, yellow or any other colour then mentioned above? 179782
  8. HDD not recognised on bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD not recognised on bootup: Hi all, My PC was on playing Spotify, I came back to it after being in the other room and the PC had crashed and booted to a 'no recognised boot disk' screen. I've tried Startup Repair which as far as I know has never worked for me or anyone I know on any problem ever,...
  9. HDD not working with Enclosure

HDD not working with Enclosure: I had an old laptop that wouldn't boot, so someone replaced my HDD and gave me the bad one back. They didn't explain what was wrong with it. A few months ago I bought and enclosure (ORICO 2588US3) to use the HDD with my current PC running Windows 10. When I plug it in, it...
  10. Hdd not recognised in Bios...but...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hdd not recognised in Bios...but...: This one has me scratching my head. Turned on the computer and the bios tells me Bootmgr is missing. Ah! panic, looked in bios and one of my drives is not recognised which happens to be the O/S drive. I opened up the computer and re-seated the Sata connections and went...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dynamode 2.5 usb 3.0 sata faulty