Windows 10: Dysfunctional Mouse

Discus and support Dysfunctional Mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mouse has become over-sensitive - even with a light touch, it often double-clicks and cancels what I have tried to achieve, thus requiring several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FrankLees, Oct 3, 2019.

1. FrankLees Win User

Dysfunctional Mouse

My mouse has become over-sensitive - even with a light touch, it often double-clicks and cancels what I have tried to achieve, thus requiring several attempts. It often jumps around, especially in Excel, causing me to go back and cancel the unwanted operation. I pay for Windows 365 and am getting severely irritated because of all the time I have to waste. What should I do to correct this problem?

:)

FrankLees, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 3, 2019
  3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Dysfunctional Mouse

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Dysfunctional Mouse

1. Dysfunctional Mouse - Similar Threads - Dysfunctional Mouse

2. system tray app dysfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system tray app dysfunction: I clicked on my Amazon icon in the system tray which awlays takes me to the website and what opened up is in the image i inserted.How do i get that to stop and that's never happened before. And there is a tab open in upper left hand corner that says Apps with a color grid....
  3. system tray app dysfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system tray app dysfunction: I clicked on my Amazon icon in the system tray which awlays takes me to the website and what opened up is in the image i inserted.How do i get that to stop and that's never happened before. And there is a tab open in upper left hand corner that says Apps with a color grid....
  4. USB dysfunction in Window 10 and 11 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB dysfunction in Window 10 and 11 2023: I'll give you everything possible to try for USB dysfunction which we see a lot here: 1 Try all other USB ports to compare. 2 Update your Chipset and USB drivers from the PC maker's Support Downloads web page for your full model number, HP Serial Number, or Dell Service tag...
  5. USB dysfunction in Window 10 and 11 2023

USB dysfunction in Window 10 and 11 2023: I'll give you everything possible to try for USB dysfunction which we see a lot here: 1 Try all other USB ports to compare. 2 Update your Chipset and USB drivers from the PC maker's Support Downloads web page for your full model number, HP Serial Number, or Dell Service tag...
  6. USB dysfunction in Window 10 and 11 2023

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. desktop windows 10 usb ports dysfunctional

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    desktop windows 10 usb ports dysfunctional: My computer was running out of space, so I back up what I wanted and fully wiped the pc to factory and erased my data. When the pc finished only 2 of the 8 ports on my pc were reading input devices. all 8 ports are providing power but only two ports will read inputs. I have 6...
  8. desktop windows 10 usb ports dysfunctional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop windows 10 usb ports dysfunctional: My computer was running out of space, so I back up what I wanted and fully wiped the pc to factory and erased my data. When the pc finished only 2 of the 8 ports on my pc were reading input devices. all 8 ports are providing power but only two ports will read inputs. I have 6...
  9. desktop windows 10 usb ports dysfunctional

10. Broken/dysfunctional Windows 10 boot sector?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken/dysfunctional Windows 10 boot sector?: I had a windows 10 installed on a m.2 disk in my intel setup i7-4790k. Before selling the computer I reinstalled Windows 10 on a SATA SSD WHILE I still had the m.2 drive connected on the motherboard. I then took out my disk and sold the computer, moving my m.2 disk to another...