Windows 10: :E doesn't recognize blank DVD-r when i try to burn video-- it worked before windows 10...

Discus and support :E doesn't recognize blank DVD-r when i try to burn video-- it worked before windows 10... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; :E doesn't recognize blank DVD-r when i try to burn video-- it worked before windows 10 update --i've reinstalled, did trouble shoot -nothing works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chrisharran, Mar 26, 2021.

1. :E doesn't recognize blank DVD-r when i try to burn video-- it worked before windows 10...

:E doesn't recognize blank DVD-r when i try to burn video-- it worked before windows 10 update --i've reinstalled, did trouble shoot -nothing works

:)

chrisharran, Mar 26, 2021
  2. ChuckyA Win User

blank DVD-R is not recognized when inserted in DVD burner

I’m running windows 10. In the past I’ve burned slides and videos onto blank DVD –R discs using Explorer and NERO. I’ve also burned slides onto CD-R discs. Now, for no apparent reason, neither of my 2 DVD drives will recognize a blank DVD-R disc. I’ve
    used blank SONY discs (which have been problematic in the past) and Verbatim discs with AZO backing (which have always worked flawlessly in the past) in both drives yet neither drive recognizes either disc. I’ve made the following recommended registry changes,
    none of which resolved the problem:

• Remove DVD devices and allow pnp to reinstall
    • In registry, Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    remove upper filters and lower filters

• In registry, Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0
    change Enum Device 1 to 1

• Services > Shell Hardware Detection set to auto (already was auto)
    The only recent change made to this machine was the replacement of a PS2 mouse and keyboard with a wireless mouse and keyboard (I can’t check to see if this was the source of the problem as the PS2 mouse and keyboard have been discarded

ChuckyA, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Ed_336 Win User
    DVD RW Drive E not recognizing formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc

My DVD RW Drive E does not recognize a formatted Verbatim DVD-R Disc that I am trying to burn.

Any suggestions?

Ed_336, Mar 26, 2021
  4. :E doesn't recognize blank DVD-r when i try to burn video-- it worked before windows 10...

Burning DVD Video to DVD-R?

I'll suggest an app DVD Shrink. Use it to create a DVD-Video compliant ISO. Then just use Windows 10 to burn it. So you still only need one app. PLUS It will shrink video larger then 4GB back down so it can still fit on a single layer DVD

As name implies, it also shrinks video larger then 4GB (which would otherwise require a Dual Layer DVD and capable burner) back down to fit on a single DVD
    > Create a parent folder that contains the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders. Point DVD Shrink to the parent folder
    > If larger then 4GB, do "Deep Analysis"
    > It will create an ISO image you can then simply burn with Windows 10

I think it can also burn direct but needs Nero. I just create the ISO then burn it myself

ComputerGeek, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

:E doesn't recognize blank DVD-r when i try to burn video-- it worked before windows 10...

1. :E doesn't recognize blank DVD-r when i try to burn video-- it worked before windows 10... - Similar Threads - doesn't recognize blank

2. Trying to burn mp4 video to blank DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to burn mp4 video to blank DVD: I'm trying to burn an mp4 video to a blank DVD+RW. However, when I inserted the blank disc and tried burning it through Windows Media Player Legacy, a pop up appeared: "Please insert a blank disc in CD drive E:. On WMPL detects the new disc, it will automatically start...
  3. Trying to burn mp4 video to blank DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to burn mp4 video to blank DVD: I'm trying to burn an mp4 video to a blank DVD+RW. However, when I inserted the blank disc and tried burning it through Windows Media Player Legacy, a pop up appeared: "Please insert a blank disc in CD drive E:. On WMPL detects the new disc, it will automatically start...
  4. How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW: I have loads of personal home videos that I have downloaded from Apple icloud. I would like to save them to DVD's as gifts for the family. Each time I click on "Burn files" the process cancels. I have looked all over the internet for information but all I find is offers for...
  5. How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW: I have loads of personal home videos that I have downloaded from Apple icloud. I would like to save them to DVD's as gifts for the family. Each time I click on "Burn files" the process cancels. I have looked all over the internet for information but all I find is offers for...
  6. windows 10 can read dvd but cant recognize blank dvd-r

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 can read dvd but cant recognize blank dvd-r: I just bought a IDE to SATA converter for my PC to use my old DVD reader from my old windows xp pc to this pc. I haven't used the reader so for like 3 years or so . It was reading all DVD movies and and installation discs. I recently bought a blank DVD-R to burn a windows...
  7. Couldn't burn videos to DVD-R 4.7GB (16x)

in Windows 10 Support
    Couldn't burn videos to DVD-R 4.7GB (16x): Hello everyone, I am trying to burn some videos (movies) into DVD-R 4.7 GB using wondershare uniconverter. Total size of the movies I selected comes around 4.31GB (screenshot attached). But the size of the same videos after added to uniconverter becomes larger (I don't know...
  8. blank DVD-R is not recognized when inserted in DVD burner

blank DVD-R is not recognized when inserted in DVD burner: I’m running windows 10. In the past I’ve burned slides and videos onto blank DVD –R discs using Explorer and NERO. I’ve also burned slides onto CD-R discs. Now, for no apparent reason, neither of my 2 DVD drives will recognize a blank DVD-R disc. I’ve used blank SONY discs...
  9. DVD not recognized with blank disk and no burn available

DVD not recognized with blank disk and no burn available: Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 150615.332)HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX [img] I wanted to burn an ISO to dvd and clicked Burn on the context menu. The above message came up. Checked Device Manager and there was no indication of the dvd. On a chance I...
  10. Burning DVD Video to DVD-R?

Burning DVD Video to DVD-R?: Hey guys, I'm running Windows 10 Pro here. I just created a DVD I want to play on a friend's DVD player using the app 'DVD Flick' and it's created 2 folders: "VIDEO_TS" and "AUDIO_TS", but I don't know how to put them onto a DVD...? I don't want to use a 3rd party app...