Windows 10: E drive problem

Discus and support E drive problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I put a previously burned CD in the E drive, it won't open it and insists I put a disc in the drive. Any idea what the problem might be. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Amadeus51, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Amadeus51 Win User

E drive problem

Every time I put a previously burned CD in the E drive, it won't open it and insists I put a disc in the drive. Any idea what the problem might be. The CDs were burned using the Windows & on my old computer. It also won't let me use any new CDs to burn to either.

:)

Amadeus51, Dec 28, 2017

2. Windows 10 no boot; Preparing Automatic Repair

The replies I got were:

Volume in drive C is System Reserved

Volume in drive D is RECOVERY

Volume in drive E has no label

I assumed drive E was the problem, so continued with the next part using E:

The replies were:

E:\hiberfil.sys now owned by by user "\MINWINPC$"

'cacls' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

But I carried on to get:

Access denied -E:\hiberfil.sys

So??

AuntSally_800, Dec 28, 2017
  3. oj831735 Win User
    Three dvd drives using windows 10

I have three dvd drives on my desktop computer using windows 7 pro. After I upgraded to windows 10 it only showed that I had two, my E drive was missing. Drive D and F was there but not E. Did a chat session with a Microsoft tech and was told that with
    windows 10, I can only have two dvd drives. Looking to find the answer to my problem. HELP !!!! PS: All three drives worked with windows 7. Drive E is missing. All the drives worked with windows 7 just fine. Need an answer from anyone who has had this
    problem that have three dvd drives. The E drive is not showing up anywhere.

oj831735, Dec 28, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

E drive problem

The drive may have failed. Does it play bought audio CD discs?
    The lens may require cleaning, use a CD/DVD lens cleaner if you can’t access the lens or use a cotton bud/stick dipped in isopropyl alcohol or methylated spirits & gently wipe the lens if you can.

Bastet, Dec 28, 2017
  5. Uninstrall the drivers from device manager and reboot, always worth a shot. Best thing to test i=with is a bootable DVD such as a windows install disk also if you have one *Smile

kingtez1984, Dec 28, 2017
  6. Amadeus51 Win User
    To Bastet, it never did play CDs on it, I'm told there's no software in Windows 10 to do that. I see what I can do with the drivers. It has opened the CDs before, but not all the time. It tends to just push them back out.

Amadeus51, Dec 29, 2017
  7. Bastet Win User
    Windows Media Player & Groove will play commercial (music) CDs & both are included with Windows 10. It’s DVD playback which isn’t included. *Smile

Bastet, Dec 29, 2017
  8. E drive problem

VLC Media player is whats required for DVD playback *Smile

kingtez1984, Dec 29, 2017
  9. Amadeus51 Win User
    The E Drive doesn't appear to work at all. I can't even send items to it to burn. It will not acknowledge having any discs in it. I just checked the properties on the E drive. It says the capacity is 0 bytes. What does that mean?

Amadeus51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

E drive problem

1. E drive problem - Similar Threads - drive problem

2. Problems with Microsoft One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Microsoft One Drive: I have documents in One Drive uner Microsoft that I am unable to access. When asked fto Sign in it won't zccet the gmail and password, yet it is the same infi I used to sign in here to contzct support. It was accepted then with no problem. What is going on. I have documents...
  3. Problems with Microsoft One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Microsoft One Drive: I have documents in One Drive uner Microsoft that I am unable to access. When asked fto Sign in it won't zccet the gmail and password, yet it is the same infi I used to sign in here to contzct support. It was accepted then with no problem. What is going on. I have documents...
  4. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....: Hi guysSo, I basically downloaded the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool from the Windows 11 download site. I ran it and selected an 8GB USB stick 2.0 as the device that should be made into a bootable USB flash drive. It fully downloaded Windows 11 and then started creating......
  5. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....

Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....: Hi guysSo, I basically downloaded the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool from the Windows 11 download site. I ran it and selected an 8GB USB stick 2.0 as the device that should be made into a bootable USB flash drive. It fully downloaded Windows 11 and then started creating......
  6. Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps: Hello,I need a little help Identifying what driver may be causing a CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION 109 BSOD. I will post the dump from the original crash followed by the 4 mini dumps from the subsequent crashes after turning on the driver verifier.original analysis of crash:1:...
  7. Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps: Hello,I need a little help Identifying what driver may be causing a CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION 109 BSOD. I will post the dump from the original crash followed by the 4 mini dumps from the subsequent crashes after turning on the driver verifier.original analysis of crash:1:...
  8. Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps

9. problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...: 1. My Pictures Folder was was corrupted by a one drive file that I copied to Pictures to save it incase one drive had more problems. 2. I kept getting the error about the one drive file and it wouldn't open the folder pictures so I deleted the directory entry called C...
  10. problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...

problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...: 1. My Pictures Folder was was corrupted by a one drive file that I copied to Pictures to save it incase one drive had more problems. 2. I kept getting the error about the one drive file and it wouldn't open the folder pictures so I deleted the directory entry called C...