Windows 10: E Drive Suddenly Disappeared Along With All Data

Discus and support E Drive Suddenly Disappeared Along With All Data in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had just quit out of PUBG to go and play CS:GO when suddenly every game in my steam library had uninstalled themselves after the closing of PUBG. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/swellcs, Feb 1, 2020.

1. E Drive Suddenly Disappeared Along With All Data

I had just quit out of PUBG to go and play CS:GO when suddenly every game in my steam library had uninstalled themselves after the closing of PUBG. I thought that was strange and went to try to reinstall the games but it said I didn't have sufficient storage space. Then I went and checked my drives to see how I didn't have any space and my E drive had completely vanished, as if my computer forgot it exists.
    I've already pressed the cables back down to ensure they weren't loose, nothing.
    I've checked the list volume in DISKPART in the command prompt and it doesn't show up as an unlisted hard drive or anything like that, it's completely gone.
    Is it possible that PUBG just killed my entire drive?

submitted by /u/swellcs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/swellcs, Feb 1, 2020
  2. Bross76 Win User

All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized

Hello everyone

I am using a ASUS ROG laptop with two drives: a SSD "C:/" called "OS" and a HDD "D:/" called DATA.

After uninstalling 4 or 5 games from my laptop (properly, using the Applications list to uninstall), all my games, music, pictures, etc stored on drive D (DATA) suddenly looked to have disappeared. Steam is still working but all games show as uninstalled, Origin isn't even working at all anymore, all my music, videos etc can't be found and played anymore.

When trying to play a mp3 from "recent files", it says that drive D is not available and the file can't be found.

Drive D is still visible and can be opened but it appears almost empty, which shouldn't be the case. I think all my data is still there but can't be seen. I can still see all my Origin and Steam games in the Apllications list. It's like the data is not available or recognized anymore. The laptop runs fine (fast, no weird noises, no system error).

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot!

Bross76, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown E Drive Suddenly Disappeared Along With All Data :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Feb 1, 2020
  4. E Drive Suddenly Disappeared Along With All Data

My data folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, etc) are on DRIVE E: not Drive C:

I THINK the programs are looking in the wrong place.

All my Programs are stored on Drive C:

Drive D: is my Recovery Image

Drive E: is where all my Data files were stored (Documents-Pictures-Videos, etc).

Drive F: has: Clipart-Document Themes 14-Media-MSOCache-Office 14 - Stationery - and Templates.

Hewlett Packard set my computer system up.

Before I did what you suggested above about MOVING files - I had only one listing for Drive EE Drive Suddenly Disappeared Along With All Data :(DATADRIVE1-Docs-Pics-Video-Music). Now Drive E: shows up listed under THIS PC as E:\ (and it contains ALL my data - docs-Pics-Video-Music)). All these data
    folders also show up listed under THIS PC in the DOCUMENT folder; AND, all the datat folders also show up in DATADRIVE1-Docs-Pixs-Music-Video!!!! Whatever happened when I moved the files caused them to appear in several places!

I don't think the programs know where to find anything!!!! DUD!

I also have 4 external Western Digital hard drives (but I don't have all of them plugged in simultaneously). My problem with the external hard drives is that now Windows does recognize my 6 TB one - I know it is working because the little light is on and
    blinking....the drive just does not show up in File Explorer.

Do you have any suggestions?

PattiCampbell, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

E Drive Suddenly Disappeared Along With All Data

1. E Drive Suddenly Disappeared Along With All Data - Similar Threads - Drive Suddenly Disappeared

2. D Drive suddenly disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D Drive suddenly disappears: I have C Drive and D Drive in my laptop. I bought with both harddisks installed.Earlier this year, I updated my laptop to Windows 11, and it was the start of all problems, including a series of BSODs.Today I got the BSOD with the error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, and after...
  3. D Drive suddenly disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D Drive suddenly disappears: I have C Drive and D Drive in my laptop. I bought with both harddisks installed.Earlier this year, I updated my laptop to Windows 11, and it was the start of all problems, including a series of BSODs.Today I got the BSOD with the error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, and after...
  4. Files Stored in E drive are suddenly disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Stored in E drive are suddenly disappeared.: Hi Team,I have created a separate drive E. To store my personal details. But when I opened to see. The folders shows a empty space. Not data is shown. When scanned for virus its not showing. Display the drive is empty.Kindly help with the issue to restore my important data....
  5. Disk D and E suddenly disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk D and E suddenly disappeared: Yesterday I shut down and update my computer. After the update finishes and it shut down, my brother pulled the wifi cable from the computer and used it for his laptop. after reattaching the said wifi cable to the computer and launching it, some shortcuts at desktop...
  6. Data disappeared from E drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data disappeared from E drive: I wanted to resume my work and went to E drive only to find that all files except some were just gone.. I tried using the restore backup option but my File History shows it is turned off and I can't seem to find the data About 100 gb of data just disappeared and I have no...
  7. Lost E: data drive

Lost E: data drive: I have a laptop with dual drives, an SSD that runs the windows and other programs, and a data drive for my data. Recently the data drive became "unavailable" and a big blue questionmark appears above it in file explorer. Tried restoring windows 10 on the laptop but its...
  8. C drive suddenly changed to E drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive suddenly changed to E drive: The computer wouldn't boot, after checking in the Command Prompt it became clear that the C drive was now the E drive. The computer won't boot (or even open in Safe Mode). What happened? How can this be fixed?...
  9. Disk Drive (E:) disappeared

Disk Drive (E:) disappeared: So when my 900 gigabyte disk (E:) wasn't being used, I went to create a storage pool, thinking that would work, and now it gave and error saying "Can't create the pool, check the dive connections and then try again. 0x00000032. But now I can't find the disk anywhere and was...
  10. All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized: Hello everyone I am using a ASUS ROG laptop with two drives: a SSD "C:/" called "OS" and a HDD "D:/" called DATA. After uninstalling 4 or 5 games from my laptop (properly, using the Applications list to uninstall), all my games, music, pictures, etc stored on drive D...