Windows 10: E: Drive unavailable... DVD CD Internal Drive hell continues...

Discus and support E: Drive unavailable... DVD CD Internal Drive hell continues... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been trying for two days to get my HP 15 laptop/notebook to recognize my DVD CD ROM internal drive AGAIN - every time Windows updates I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Leftatalbuquerque, Aug 14, 2021.

1. E: Drive unavailable... DVD CD Internal Drive hell continues...

I have been trying for two days to get my HP 15 laptop/notebook to recognize my DVD CD ROM internal drive AGAIN - every time Windows updates I go through this hell!! I have tried every YouTube solution there is - and yes, it is listed in BIOS. I then refound it in Device Manager in Hidden Devices, updated the driver then hit UNINSTALL, hoping that I would then reinstall it upon rebooting or the system would do it... well, maybe I shouldn't have!! After a couple of hard power-offs, It has been refound by Windows and has been assigned E: as a name - but it is now "location unavailable" for playi

:)

Leftatalbuquerque, Aug 14, 2021

2. CD/DVD Internal and External Drives

My internal CD/DVD drive was working and now has stopped. I have also added two external CD/DVD drives. One drive is a Blu-ray and the other is a standard CD/DVD drive burner/writer etc. I have made sure Windows 10 is updated, I have also tried just update
    the drivers and lastly, I have deleted the drives and restarted my system but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions.

terrydavidlywood, Aug 14, 2021
  3. CD/DVD drive (EE: Drive unavailable... DVD CD Internal Drive hell continues... :) will not open, it is detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for CD/DVD drive by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Joosujin Win User

E: Drive unavailable... DVD CD Internal Drive hell continues...

CD/DVD drive is not correctly displayed

All the resolutions listed under Method 1 apply to the cases when CD/DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs. Fortunately, my drive is recognized by Windows and other programs. I tried all the step-by-step resolutions listed, but did not
    work. For some reason, my CD/DVD drive icon is not the right icon for the drive, and is for compact flash. Any idea?

I also reset my BIOS settings back to factory reset, but it did not help.

Joosujin, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

E: Drive unavailable... DVD CD Internal Drive hell continues...

1. E: Drive unavailable... DVD CD Internal Drive hell continues... - Similar Threads - Drive unavailable DVD

2. CD/DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Drive: Cannot get cd/dvd disc drive to be recognised https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/2738a7b0-563c-46a3-9a31-8aa6ce8c8e7d
  3. internal cd/dvd drive won't open

internal cd/dvd drive won't open: Lenova Ideacentre A340-221GM internal cd/dvd drive will not open. It's light comes on and it tries to open but cannot. is this a Windows 10 Home incompatibility? can't seem to find the right answer, just get the run-around....
  4. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: I can't find the D drive or a cd/dvd drive on my hp laptop running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/1b318ed9-49d2-466a-a7f0-9983b5cec98d
  5. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: although previously working ok, my HP pavilion will not run cd/dvd, I think since Windows 10 updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/2052dead-0253-46dc-a189-ffe263dd0d15
  6. CD/DVD Internal and External Drives

CD/DVD Internal and External Drives: My internal CD/DVD drive was working and now has stopped. I have also added two external CD/DVD drives. One drive is a Blu-ray and the other is a standard CD/DVD drive burner/writer etc. I have made sure Windows 10 is updated, I have also tried just update the drivers and...
  7. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: I have a new/used laptop and can't see the files from my cd/dvd drive. Device manager says drive is working properly, but it's not. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/4a1c6a9a-0e94-4804-9a7f-b7f99b2d551a
  8. CD/DVD Drive

CD/DVD Drive: I am having problems with the CD/DVD Drive on my 5yr old (I think) Sony Vaio Laptop. When I put in a CD or DVD it will spin 3-4 times but will not load. I am using Windows 10 however I think it was working for a while after I got Windows 10. I have tried uninstalling and...
  9. internal cd drive

internal cd drive: I'm on windows 10 and my CD/DVD rom drive will not play any discs, spins but system does not reconise it,driver shows up to date can anybody help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/internal-cd-drive/41442251-6064-40dd-b458-0137c7c92c53
  10. No CD/DVD drive

No CD/DVD drive: After installing Microsofts Windows 10 upgrade I have found that it does not see my CD/DVD drive, I did have this problem once before with Windows 7 but was able to download a program from Microsoft called MrFixit.dvd.exe, when I tried running the software it reported that my...