Windows 10: E:\ is not accessible - Access is denied Windows 10

Discus and support E:\ is not accessible - Access is denied Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I urgently need some help with my system. I am not able to access E drive. I locked with bitlocker. Even Bitlocker manager is not visible in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kiran Bobde, Jan 27, 2020.

1. E:\ is not accessible - Access is denied Windows 10

I urgently need some help with my system.

I am not able to access E drive. I locked with bitlocker. Even Bitlocker manager is not visible in my system. When ever I like on Bitlocker manager nothing my device is not responding. Even i tried in safe mode and also system restore. I was trying to changed the access, so I put to shared usage also the user, which didn't work. services.msc i run i restarted the bitlocker services but it doesnt work.

After all of that I clicked E: drive and when to properties - security, option is also not visible. On other-side, In other drivesecurity, option showing. I tried
    If the above procedure does not resolve the issue try the method below.
    a. Open the Start Menu.
    b. In the white line Start Search area, type regedit and press Enter.
    c. Click on Continue in the UAC prompt.
    d. In regedit, go to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

e. In the right pane, right click on NoSecurityTab and click on Delete.
    f. Click on Yes to confirm the deletion.
    g. In the right pane, right click on No SecurityTab if it is here to and click on Delete.
    h. Click on Yes to confirm the deletion.
    i. Close regedit.
    j. Log off and log on, or restart the computer to apply the changes.

No use of this method!

E:\ is not accessible - Access is denied Windows 10 2579c904-e418-4369-b636-a97e27e075b4?upload=true.jpg E:\ is not accessible - Access is denied Windows 10 7c4af569-57fb-40ed-8bc6-a05bb3b822e3?upload=true.png E:\ is not accessible - Access is denied Windows 10 9a37637c-3add-4ae9-9d1c-2f9f9d751829?upload=true.jpg

So my question is, what can I do, to make it work again? Kindly please help me to solve this issue!

:)

Kiran Bobde, Jan 27, 2020
  2. taid Win User

E: is not accessible. Access is denied

Further to my previous posting regarding problems with accessing the E drive.

I have since found that my E drive operates normally in Safe mode. On checking Properties →Security →Group or User Names , both SYSTEM & Administrators (Desktop-xxxxxxx\Administrators) are listed but they do not have any Permissions selected. I have ticked all except the bottom option (Special Permissions) for both. Having done that it ‘appears’ that both drives now have similar permissions. However when I leave Safe mode the problem returns, access to the E drive is not possible and there is nothing listed under Group or User Names.

3. avianu123 Win User
    E: not accessible - access is denied (win 10)

Suddenly I am not able to access E: using file explorer and all the apps that are in those folder are also inaccessible

It first started with E: not accessible - File or Directory is corrupt and unreadable. I ran chkdsk and fixed some records.

When I tried accessing the drive again it gave access is denied error. However I checked the ownership and permissions everything works. I thought I will have to do down data recovery path.

However, i open powershell in admin mode. And when I switched to E: it worked!!! I am taking backup immediately as protection

So now i can access E: in powershell but from file explorer I can still not access the drive and none of the files/apps in that folder are to be seen outside of powershell. What's the next step here?

avianu123, Jan 27, 2020
  4. taid Win User

E:\ is not accessible - Access is denied Windows 10

E: is not accessible. Access is denied

I have a problem with my computer and I cannot blame Microsoft or the man in the moon or anyone else, sadly it is self-inflicted. I have 2 SSD’s installed in this PC. C is the system drive and E is my back up drive which I use to make regular bootable clones. Additionally I save certain folders to an external USB device. Both drives appear in File Explorer, however when I click on E I get:-

Location is not available
    E:\ is not accessible
    Access is denied

I suspect this happened after I ran sfc/chkdsk on the E drive earlier today…

The E drive appears on the Disk Management screen and tells me that the partitions are healthy… I suspect this problem is related to permissions but I’m at a loss on how to proceed. This does not affect the running of the computer but I’d obviously like to get things back to normal. Any help would be welcome – and I promise to be more careful next time !

Thema:

E:\ is not accessible - Access is denied Windows 10

1. E:\ is not accessible - Access is denied Windows 10 - Similar Threads - accessible Access denied

2. Access Denied on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Denied on Windows 10: HiI cannot access the Marks & Spencer site using my Windows 10 Laptop either in Chrome or Microsoft Edge getting an Access Denied message see my attached screen grab. I have no problems doing so using my Windows 7 Laptop or any of my Android devices.Can anyone tell me what...
  3. Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied: When I attach a WD My Passport device I get an error E\ is not accessible, access denied.....WD recommended I contact Microsoft....thanks in advance for any tips, Dave...
  4. Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied: When I attach a WD My Passport device I get an error E\ is not accessible, access denied.....WD recommended I contact Microsoft....thanks in advance for any tips, Dave...
  5. Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied

6. Window 10 access is denied

Window 10 access is denied: I found my computer try in to boot but goes to a blue screen then trying to repair it but is not working.Then I want to command prompt and I try to run bootrec.exe/fix boot I got access denied.Then I trough DiskpartI rename the Valium in my case drive c: where I thing the...
  7. Windows 10 Access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Access denied: I tried access this folder which is in external HDD which is mine. I opened the folder several time before but now this show access denied. And I went security panel and now it shows this. I tried change the ownership and it show... I can't eve change the ownership .I tried...
  8. Windows 10 Access denied

Windows 10 Access denied: I tried access this folder which is in external HDD which is mine. I opened the folder several time before but now this show access denied. And I went security panel and now it shows this. I tried change the ownership and it show... I can't eve change the ownership .I tried...
  9. Access is denied Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access is denied Windows 10: Hello, I get access is denied when trying to access Application Data folder for example, even though I am the admin of my computer. How come? And how do I fix it? Regards...
  10. E: is not accessible. Access is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E: is not accessible. Access is denied: I have a problem with my computer and I cannot blame Microsoft or the man in the moon or anyone else, sadly it is self-inflicted. I have 2 SSD’s installed in this PC. C is the system drive and E is my back up drive which I use to make regular bootable clones. Additionally I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot