Windows 10: E: is not accessible. Access is denied

Discus and support E: is not accessible. Access is denied in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a problem with my computer and I cannot blame Microsoft or the man in the moon or anyone else, sadly it is self-inflicted. I have 2 SSD’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by taid, Dec 2, 2018.

1. taid Win User

E: is not accessible. Access is denied

I have a problem with my computer and I cannot blame Microsoft or the man in the moon or anyone else, sadly it is self-inflicted. I have 2 SSD’s installed in this PC. C is the system drive and E is my back up drive which I use to make regular bootable clones. Additionally I save certain folders to an external USB device. Both drives appear in File Explorer, however when I click on E I get:-

Location is not available
    E:\ is not accessible
    Access is denied

I suspect this happened after I ran sfc/chkdsk on the E drive earlier today…

The E drive appears on the Disk Management screen and tells me that the partitions are healthy… I suspect this problem is related to permissions but I’m at a loss on how to proceed. This does not affect the running of the computer but I’d obviously like to get things back to normal. Any help would be welcome – and I promise to be more careful next time !

:)

taid, Dec 2, 2018
  2. avianu123 Win User

E: not accessible - access is denied (win 10)

Suddenly I am not able to access E: using file explorer and all the apps that are in those folder are also inaccessible

It first started with E: not accessible - File or Directory is corrupt and unreadable. I ran chkdsk and fixed some records.

When I tried accessing the drive again it gave access is denied error. However I checked the ownership and permissions everything works. I thought I will have to do down data recovery path.

However, i open powershell in admin mode. And when I switched to E: it worked!!! I am taking backup immediately as protection

So now i can access E: in powershell but from file explorer I can still not access the drive and none of the files/apps in that folder are to be seen outside of powershell. What's the next step here?

avianu123, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Access denied

Whenever I connect any pendrive or hard disk it says access denied for pen drive I googled got the solution for pendrive but I need to follow the steps everytime I connect give me the permanent solution and steps for hard drive access denied

krishnamagaji, Dec 2, 2018
  4. EsMj Win User

Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

EsMj, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

1. E: is not accessible. Access is denied - Similar Threads - accessible Access denied

2. Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied: When I attach a WD My Passport device I get an error E\ is not accessible, access denied.....WD recommended I contact Microsoft....thanks in advance for any tips, Dave...
  3. Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied: When I attach a WD My Passport device I get an error E\ is not accessible, access denied.....WD recommended I contact Microsoft....thanks in advance for any tips, Dave...
  4. Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access is denied: I try to get on Fox news website and I get a "access is denied" . how do I fix it? HP laptop w/win 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-is-denied/4cdbc5fa-1e6b-42a6-aa48-1a36f8945e67
  6. Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access Denied: Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.finishline.com/?" on this server. Reference #18.c5e33e17.1592853789.713d2201 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/729e3550-6496-4431-b07b-9bef96bd1d4f
  7. Access Denied!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Denied!: When I try to access lowes.com from my browser Google, I get the following error message. Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.lowes.com/" on this server. Reference # 18.7e25d117.1587839593.2dd8e16d This only happens when I try to access Lowes...
  8. E:\ is not accessible - Access is denied Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E:\ is not accessible - Access is denied Windows 10: I urgently need some help with my system. I am not able to access E drive. I locked with bitlocker. Even Bitlocker manager is not visible in my system. When ever I like on Bitlocker manager nothing my device is not responding. Even i tried in safe mode and also system...
  9. Access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access denied: Having originally getting a warning that my desk top was not available after getting some updates i followed the instructions and copy paste the desktop file but now when rebooting desktop does not come up with the warning access is denied Back to square one !!...
  10. Access is denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Access is denied: I'm trying to free on space on Drive C: and cannot get into "Documents and Settings" or see what space it's using. Just "not accessible Access is Denied". It looks like it's a shortcut, not a folder. Guess it's a Win 10 thing ? Can I get around this anyhow ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. E: access not available Denied

2. c / is not accessible access is denied windows 10

3. location is not available access denied

4. e/ is not accessible acess is denied hd,
  5. e is not accessible access denied,
  6. e is not assabile access denied