Windows 10: E-Mail Account Question

Discus and support E-Mail Account Question in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have two email accounts in Windows 10. One Hotmail and one Outlook. I used to be able to click the email box and be given the option as to which... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by wvman80, Apr 13, 2016.

1. wvman80 Win User

E-Mail Account Question

I have two email accounts in Windows 10. One Hotmail and one Outlook. I used to be able to click the email box and be given the option as to which account I wanted to open. Then after an update I had to press the spacebar to be given the option to choose. After an update several weeks ago I have lost that option and now must signin using whichever email account and password. I am not using any outlook office as I can not afford them. I am using LibreOffice.
    Is there a way to get back the option to choose which email account I want to open?

:)

wvman80, Apr 13, 2016

2. E72 Just shows 2 emails account on desktop!

Yes 2 is the max, and the big question is: what is the benefit of being able to setup up to 10 e-mail accounts with PUSH, while the new e-mail notification works only for 2 accounts?

vvasilev---01, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Reading Forwarded e-mail content

Hello David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further.

1. Are you able to receive the full contents of other forwarded e-mails send from another e-mail account?

2. Which e-mail account are you using?

3. Are you referring to outlook.com or Microsoft office outlook or Mail app on Windows 10?

4. If you are using outlook.com, How are you accessing the e-mail account?

I would suggest you to check sending another forwarded e-mail to your e-mail account through different e-mail account and check if you are able to receive it.

Reply with the necessary information to assist you further with your issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 13, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

E-Mail Account Question

This sounds more like a LibreOffice issues than win 10, as it is entirely within the mail program itself, I'd suggest posting in a LibreOffice support forum.

While I have LibreOffice on LinuxMint, I don't use email within it.

There is a chance though that another member may be able to tell you if it is a settings issue, and what to change.

RWOne, Apr 13, 2016
  5. wvman80 Win User
    Thanks for replying RWOne. LibreOffice does not have an email client I don't believe. Everything I have found says to open Outlook and go from there. However I have never had Outlook installed so I am at a loss as how to solve this problem. I'll see if anybody else has a suggestion. Again Thanks for replying.

wvman80, Apr 13, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    Since you don't have any Outlook installed is your reference to Outlook actually Outlook.com? Outlook.com is tending to be the replacement for Hotmail/Hotmail.com, both are Webmail applications/pages through your Browser, not actually programs installed on your computer but are Bookmarks/Favorites/Links in your Browser.

The only real downside to using LibreOffice in place of Microsoft Office is that LibreOffice doesn't have a comparable E-Mail Client or Publisher program. Something cheaper than Publisher might be Serif PagePlus, works okay for me on a Notebook without Microsoft Office.

Berton, Apr 13, 2016
  7. wvman80 Win User
    It says "outlook.live.com" when I open Hotmail.

wvman80, Apr 13, 2016
  8. AndreTen Win User

E-Mail Account Question

You have to connect another account. Then you will have an option to receive all mail in one place. The old switching account is gone (I think).
    Her are detailed instruction on Microsoft site.

AndreTen, Apr 13, 2016
  9. If you want to use both accounts you can get mail from both at same time.
    Windows 10 has a Mail App.
    Put both in and you can link them

Open Mail App
    Click Settings
    Then Manage Accounts
    Once you have put them in you will see
    Link inboxes
    I have mine inbox named as

That is where I collect all my mail from
    The only boxes you have to clear one at a time
    Is your Junk or Spam boxes
    Also what you have deleted
    There is no way to link these
    Hope this helps you

hTconeM9user, Apr 13, 2016
  10. wvman80 Win User
    Thanks for all the replies. I am out of state for now and on a slow wi-fi. MS just blocked my hotmail account until I could verify I am the one using it and trying to make changes. I guess I will have to wait until I get home to fix this or just leave it as it is for now. Again Thanks for all the help.

wvman80, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

E-Mail Account Question

1. E-Mail Account Question - Similar Threads - Mail Account Question

2. Lost e-mail account Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost e-mail account Windows Mail: Split from this thread. Had the same thing happen with Mail 10. Had 3 email accounts, all 3 gone. Trying to recover them now. Have managed to get one back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-e-mail-account-windows-mail/eb21016d-51c4-4d24-b062-a7e24cf3eaac
  3. Lost e-mail account Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost e-mail account Windows Mail: Split from this thread. Had the same thing happen with Mail 10. Had 3 email accounts, all 3 gone. Trying to recover them now. Have managed to get one back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-e-mail-account-windows-mail/eb21016d-51c4-4d24-b062-a7e24cf3eaac
  4. e mail accounts and microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    e mail accounts and microsoft accounts: It is so tiring that every time I use an account that signing in is so much bs . Every time I try to enter your company says I'm wrong . So I enter it again , again you tell me I'm wrong . No darn way . I have been working this problem for several days . You just will not let...
  5. E-Mail and Accounts hangs...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    E-Mail and Accounts hangs...: I am using Win10 Pro 1909 and I cannot get E-Mails and Accounts to open up.. it hangs with dots moving along the top.. I tried SFC / scannow to no avail.. I cannot copy my USER profile as Copy To is greyed... Any thoughts! Thank you in advance!...
  6. e mail account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    e mail account: I have downloaded Apache Open Office 4 and my outgoing email is routed through Microsoft MAIL. I would like to change that to Webmail. Can this be done??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-account/5e009353-44ca-4150-a437-3d30e9bc201c
  7. E-mail account not working on the mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    E-mail account not working on the mail app: I have a tiscali e-mail account, the app lets me add the account. It tries to sync the emails but it's an infinite loading process that never works. I can't recieve nor send emails due to this. Did anyone have the same issue? submitted by /u/DanieleGerussi [link]...
  8. Deleting an e-Mail account

Deleting an e-Mail account: I have looked at many similar posted questions, but can't seem to follow any of the suggested answers. All I want to do is delete my outlook email account (not Microsoft account), one of the answers says I should log into my Microsoft account and click on settings, but I...
  9. locked e-mail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    locked e-mail account: How do I delete a locked e-mail account. I have already created a new account and get repeated messages from Microsoft to fix my locked account. I need to also stop those messages....
  10. Account Update on e-mails

Account Update on e-mails: I have received a number of e-mails purported to be from Microsoft saying an Account Update is necessary. It goes on to say 'E-mail requires update in services agreement, and privacy statement. If this is not done by (a specific date which constantly changes!) my e-mail...