Windows 10: E-mail account won't sync

Discus and support E-mail account won't sync in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One of my 3 att email accounts won't sync to the mail ap. It says I need to update password or give permission to sync. When I go to the account there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tenn Tom, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Tenn Tom Win User

E-mail account won't sync

One of my 3 att email accounts won't sync to the mail ap. It says I need to update password or give permission to sync. When I go to the account there are 16 dots in the password space. When I put in my real password it fails.

:)

Tenn Tom, Apr 17, 2020

2. Rearranging the Order of E-Mail Accounts

I have six e-mail accounts established in my Windows 10 Mail. It appears the accounts are listed in the order they were created. However, I just had to add another e-mail account and it is at the bottom of the list. Is there any way to rearrange the list? In Windows 8.1 you could move the accounts up and down in the order that you wanted them listed. The procedure used in Windows 8.1 does not work in Windows 10.

StevenTodd, Apr 17, 2020
  3. s427 Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

4. E-mail account won't sync

Mail on windows10 : email account will not sync.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What exact error are you receiving when you try to sync the mails?
    • Does this issue persist in all e-mail account?

I suggest you to refer to the below given article to configure the account with Mail app and re-configure it and check if it helps:

Outlook help & learning - Office Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Also after configuring account kindly follow the below given steps and check if mail syncs:

• Click on Gear (setting) button in left panel in Mail app.
    • Click or tap on Account in right panel.
    • Click or tap on the Account that is not syncing.
    • Click on Change mailbox sync setting.
    • Select “as item arrives” under Download new content.
    • Toggle Email to ON under Sync options.
    • Check and verify that sync works now.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

E-mail account won't sync

1. E-mail account won't sync - Similar Threads - mail account won't

2. E-mail account not syncing after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    E-mail account not syncing after update: After installing the latest Win10 upgrade 15/06/22, my BluyonderVirgin Media account will not sync, there is no problem with my hotmail accounts, but as my Blueyonder account is my main one, I need a solution A.S.A.P....
  3. E-mail account not syncing after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    E-mail account not syncing after update: After installing the latest Win10 upgrade 15/06/22, my BluyonderVirgin Media account will not sync, there is no problem with my hotmail accounts, but as my Blueyonder account is my main one, I need a solution A.S.A.P....
  4. E-mail account not syncing after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. e mail account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    e mail account: I have downloaded Apache Open Office 4 and my outgoing email is routed through Microsoft MAIL. I would like to change that to Webmail. Can this be done??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-account/5e009353-44ca-4150-a437-3d30e9bc201c
  6. e mail won't sync

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    e mail won't sync: One of my 3 att email accounts won't sync to the mail ap. It says I need to update password or give permission to sync. When I go to the account there are 16 dots in the password space. When I put in my real password it fails. Have deleted and reinstalled to no avail....
  7. Configure active sync E-Mail Account in Outlook 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Configure active sync E-Mail Account in Outlook 365: After switching to Windows 10 and Office 365 I would now like to configure my professional e-mail account. This is an Exchange active sync account. In the past, that worked fine, but now I can't provide certain information, e.g. do not enter "domain" at all. What am I doing...
  8. Syncing e-mail.

Syncing e-mail.: My Btinternet a/c has come up saying it needs attention. It says "we couldn't access this account: BT. You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device" I've tried updating my password and deleting and re-adding the account but to...
  9. Mail won't add E-Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Mail won't add E-Mail: I am going to try and be as brief but informative as I can. I have an InsightBB email account and yes I am aware that Insight was bought by Time Warner Cable who has now turned into Spectrum but the Email address still works. Here is what is going on. About 2 weeks ago...
  10. Syncing e-mail accounts in Windows 10 Mail app error code 80072726

Syncing e-mail accounts in Windows 10 Mail app error code 80072726: Hey guys, I am enjoying Windows 10! for the most part.... Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro does fine. Core i7-4500U 256 SSD 8 GB or RAM This may be more of a networking issue and how the Mail App communicates over the network. I am not able to sync any of my email accounts with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. give account permission to sync mail

2. give account permission to sync

3. how do you give permission to sync email

4. how to ggive account permission,
  5. give aaol permission to open e mail,
  6. account permission to sync gmail,
  7. give permission to sync device,
  8. give account permission to sync this device,
  9. give aol permission to sync to laptop,
  10. google account how to give device permission to sync,
  11. how do i give account permission to sync,