Windows 10: e-mail is Yahoo..PC runsa windows 10.Had to change password on Yahoo mail, but want to...

Discus and support e-mail is Yahoo..PC runsa windows 10.Had to change password on Yahoo mail, but want to... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My e-mail is Yahoo and Im running Windows 10 on my PC ..I changed my password on Yahoo,but i want to access my mail on the windows mail,,I get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BerniceHolman, Sep 5, 2021.

1. e-mail is Yahoo..PC runsa windows 10.Had to change password on Yahoo mail, but want to...

My e-mail is Yahoo and Im running Windows 10 on my PC ..I changed my password on Yahoo,but i want to access my mail on the windows mail,,I get a message on windows mail that i need to fix password its out of sync..How do i do this?

:)

BerniceHolman, Sep 5, 2021
  2. Bastet Win User

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

Yes, once 2-factor authentication is enabled you should then create the app specific password & enter it instead of the account password.

Bastet, Sep 5, 2021
  3. stevehero Win User
    error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

e-mail is Yahoo..PC runsa windows 10.Had to change password on Yahoo mail, but want to... [​IMG]

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

e-mail is Yahoo..PC runsa windows 10.Had to change password on Yahoo mail, but want to... [​IMG]

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Sep 5, 2021
  4. e-mail is Yahoo..PC runsa windows 10.Had to change password on Yahoo mail, but want to...

YAHOO MAIL and email apps

Hi clayto

Yahoo has been going through some changes as Verizon lays its hands around the product. You get messages if you try to access the web view on the old IE with a desire to push you to a new browser.

I recognize you are using app I only mention as it relates to things happening at Yahoo.

Any chance you have two step verification on for Yahoo in which case you need an app password to access.

Just for my clarification, you are trying to access your Yahoo mail account through your Windows 10 mail app, correct?

You might also see if any Credentials are being stored in the Windows Credential Manager for Yahoo. (Click start, type Credential Manager)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 5, 2021
Thema:

e-mail is Yahoo..PC runsa windows 10.Had to change password on Yahoo mail, but want to...

1. e-mail is Yahoo..PC runsa windows 10.Had to change password on Yahoo mail, but want to... - Similar Threads - mail Yahoo runsa

2. Yahoo mail on PC not syncing to Yahoo mail app on android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo mail on PC not syncing to Yahoo mail app on android: This is a Discussion with Questions. I am open to discussing options but do have some questions.BACKGROUND- I have 2 yahoo and 2 Gmail email addresses in my Yahoo mail account. I access this on my PC, read, delete, move, sort emails as needed...Then I walk away from computer...
  3. Update Yahoo e/mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Yahoo e/mail: Why would I want to allow the app to delete my messages? Unless I agree, I cannot update and use Yahoo e/mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-yahoo-email/2f61a736-cd83-466f-8606-91c1aea1557b
  4. Yahoo e-mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yahoo e-mail: Since yesterday, I have been unable to delete any e-mails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-e-mail/1a78a90c-06a0-4c7b-85a0-1e4c1d78b8a2
  5. yahoo mail

yahoo mail: Just got a notice to update my yahoo email account. Why is my yahoo mail requiring access to my contacts, email sent and email received? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/8019ffb2-d4ac-4700-bd9d-06bd5cad0c21
  6. Yahoo Mail

Yahoo Mail: I use Yahoo Mail and I really like it. I had some issues, and re-installed Windows 10. During the start up . . . It asks you what browser, you want to run it with. All the browser were listed, along with basic mail. So, I thought, what the heck, so I picked basic mail....
  7. Yahoo e-mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yahoo e-mail: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since last Thursday, I have been getting the following prompt on my e-mail account: Your Sbcglobal settings are out-of-date. When, I attempt to follow the "fix-it" prompts nothing happens. It requires my user name and password. When I try that it...
  8. password for yahoo mail

password for yahoo mail: my password for yahoo mail wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-for-yahoo-mail/b591cd54-171e-4934-b1ea-2ef1982dbe81
  9. Yahoo mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yahoo mail: Yahoo says it doesn't recognize my email address. I have used same address for years and it was saved. I could get into my mail yesterday. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail/9684fc29-0371-4d62-bd93-ae9f896f7bfe"
  10. Yahoo mail

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo mail: I can't delete old email. Can't check the box to delete it just opens it. How do I get this back to working rite. Thanks Ben 100832