Windows 10: E-Mail Notifications while Surface is in Connected StandBy

Discus and support E-Mail Notifications while Surface is in Connected StandBy in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am testing since more than one day and in between I even have re-installed Windows 10 on my Surface 7 Pro because of this issue. So please,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CraDisp, Mar 23, 2020.

1. CraDisp Win User

E-Mail Notifications while Surface is in Connected StandBy

Hello,

I am testing since more than one day and in between I even have re-installed Windows 10 on my Surface 7 Pro because of this issue. So please, if you answer, you can consider that I have a freshly installed and completly updated system currenty that means 1909. Also apps in Windows Store have been updated 23rd March 2020.

I am wondering why it is not possible to receive notifications when I am going to receive e-mails while my device is in Connected/Modern Standby WITH an according "new e-mail" sound. I configured my "Windows Mail" tool the standard Windows 10 app one for my GMX e-mail account IMAP. Currently, I am only getting notifications via info center if the device is running fully, so with display etc. In addition, I also get a sound notification when turning the device on if there has been an e-mail while in standby.

I did all configuration in "System->Notifications and Actions" in a way that Windows Mail shall notify me. In the app itself, I configured "Play sound" on notification. In "Privacy->Background Apps" I configured that the app is allowed to run in background. Before switching to Connected Standby I even open the app by the way. The GMX account synchronization configuration ist set to "as items arrive", but I also tried "15 minutes".

Of course, I tried other apps in context of Connected Standby. How should I tell you that Connected Standby in general works otherwise? Indeed, yes, everything it seems to work... somehow. I have to admit that no notifications worked at all before re-installing. Usually, I play a lot with the registry until I get the system I want/need. It broke. I had to create a new user account in order to get results. Now, I decided to re-install and things work. Unreliable somehow, but it works.

For example, I am testing the app "Alarm&Clock". It often works. However, at some point in time after the device is running for a while, it seems to "break" as well somehow. The alarm will not put the system awake. This shall be a reliable alarm which wakes me in the morning? And yes, my device is running with power supply. Somehow I also feel that alarms work more reliable if I open the app and keep it open while switching to standby. Is it the way it should be? Is this documented somewhere? If I close the app, the app is often only working if the device is on. It happened once that the alarm was 1 minute late often I don't wait that long, however.

By the way, Skype is working wonderfully. Everyone can call me while in Connected StandBy. The device is ringing loudly. That's the way notifications should work if activated accordingly, right?

Thanks and greetings!

:)

CraDisp, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Weer Win User

Can't stop E-mail notifications!

Every time a thread I've written on gets a reply, I get an e-mail. I get over 50 e-mails a day!
    I tried stopping it in the user options by choosing the option of not sending e-mail notifications, but it has not worked!

Somebody help me.

3. Durahl Win User
    Surface Book missing Connected Standby?

Greetings!

A question regarding the Connected Standby feature on my Surface Book with Performance Base.

According to the image below it appears as if it's not being listed ( neither as available OR unavailable ) on my system?

E-Mail Notifications while Surface is in Connected StandBy 44ftVQ8l.png

Am I missing something or have the naming conventions changed?
    Screenshot is from a refreshed System with latest default drivers.

According to a TheWindowsClub article it should at least be listed ( at least on Windows 8 I assume )?

Thanks in advance!
    =)

Durahl, Mar 23, 2020
  4. E-Mail Notifications while Surface is in Connected StandBy

Not recieving e-mail notifications about thread replies

I noticed that I'd not got a single e-mail from TPU after I'd been away for a week and just assumed that none of the threads I posted in before I'd left had had any more posts, however I've now realised that TPU is simply not sending me the e-mails.
    I've checked in User CP that it's set to instant e-mail notification which it is but still no e-mails, TPU is marked as safe in Hotmail as well so there shouldn't be any issues there.
    I'm definitely still getting e-mails through as I can tell from the mass Facebook spam on my e-mail address.
    Anyone else have an issue like this? Anyone know a workaround for it?

crazy pyro, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

E-Mail Notifications while Surface is in Connected StandBy

1. E-Mail Notifications while Surface is in Connected StandBy - Similar Threads - Mail Notifications while

2. E mail notifications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E mail notifications: I keep getting e mails saying its from Mail service that my account will be deactivated fron incoming mail if i dont verify? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-notifications/55354a3b-292b-4d4e-9542-5c867ea7abe2
  3. E-Mails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    E-Mails: I am unable to access my e-mails Can you help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mails/d3f0b5f4-36d9-45b1-9182-59da55e78e88
  4. e mails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    e mails: how do i get my email from popping up on the side when i log into my internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mails/70e3c41b-1a94-4536-9877-60e75ae7f8b8
  5. E Mail,

in Windows 10 Customization
    E Mail,: After my Windows 10 updated itself I can't access my E Mail. I use Foxfire for a browser and that's not coming up either. Can't get the autherization code because i can't access my E Mails...........
  6. E mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    E mail: Just checking i got e mail thanking me for contacting microsoft but i never contacted them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail/782aa5c4-b8b6-441b-9d9c-c7200c44b289
  7. Action Center - E-Mail Notifications

Action Center - E-Mail Notifications: I just had to approve some link to my online e-mail account in order to apply for a job. Now the Action Center on my laptop throws a notification across the screen every time I get e-mail. Can anyone advise how to disable this?...
  8. e-mail notifications

e-mail notifications: I have enabled e-mail notifications on my Windows 10 computer. The problem is that whenever an e-mail from a particular sender arrives in my box, it plays 4 notification sounds in rapid succession. Is there any way to stop this annoying problem without disabling all...
  9. Surface Book missing Connected Standby?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Book missing Connected Standby?: Greetings! A question regarding the Connected Standby feature on my Surface Book with Performance Base. According to the image below it appears as if it's not being listed ( neither as available OR unavailable ) on my system? [img] Am I missing something or have the...
  10. FB and E-Mail notifications not coming through in the notification bar

in Windows 10 Support
    FB and E-Mail notifications not coming through in the notification bar: no Facebook messages or notifications are coming through to my notification bar. they came through the first couple of days of me having windows 10 but now none of them come through, I have to manually go onto Google Chrome and go on Facebook and the same with the windows 10...