Windows 10: e mail spam

Discus and support e mail spam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; <p>I am receiving tons of spam e mail in my windows 10 e mail---------nearly every spam e mail has the same setup and a link to unsubscribe at the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by robertgrudzinski, Apr 23, 2019.

1. e mail spam

<p>I am receiving tons of spam e mail in my windows 10 e mail---------nearly every spam e mail has the same setup and a link to unsubscribe at the bottom of the e mail---if I go to the link it usually is the same format as the other links and the e mail address is not even listed--there is just a very long list of numbers , letters&nbsp; etc in the search box ---the e mails are supposedly from well known companies like liberty mutual , terminix , adt,quicken , etc-----------also nearly everyone has&nbsp; a phrase similar to the ones below &nbsp;</p><p></p><p></p><p>&lt;*** Email address is removed for privacy ***&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;*** Email address is removed for privacy ***&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &lt;*** Email address is removed for privacy ***&gt;</p><p></p><p>I never signed up for any of these e mails and don't have the time or energy to keep going to about 50 links a day to "unsubscribe"</p><p>can anyone please help ?</p><p></p><p>Thanks !</p>

:)

robertgrudzinski, Apr 23, 2019
  2. bornfree Win User

Enourmous increase in the volume of spam e-mail sent

The past two weeks my SPAM e-mail volume has been outrageous... despite SPAM filtering by my ISP.

bornfree, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Enourmous increase in the volume of spam e-mail sent

Companies that are low enough to resort to sending out spam e-mails as advertising have recently really been working hard. Thanks to images in spam messages, a surge in botnets (computers that are hijacked by viruses to send out spam emails), a high availability of domains for spammers and underdeveloped spam filters, spammers have managed to increase their spam volume by 35%. This exceeds the expectations of internet analysts, and means that spammed advertisements now represent 90% of all e-mails on the internet.

Source: Neowin

zekrahminator, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

e mail spam

New Jersey Man Gets Two Years Jail for AOL Spam e-mails

While I do not like spam or spammers, it is a hypocritical of the US to jail them.
    The only difference between e-mail and snail-mail spam is that when you get snail-mail spam the government gets a piece of the action in the form of postage costs.
    I think that if they wanted to be fair about it they should fine the e-mail spammers the current postage rate times the number of e-mail spam letters they estimate he sent.

So, current bulk postage is about a quater I think, so $0.25 x a jillion.
    I think paying a quarter jillion dollars would slow down the spam a bit *Smile e mail spam :)

Kreij, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

e mail spam

1. e mail spam - Similar Threads - mail spam

2. where is spam junk mail in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where is spam junk mail in windows 10?: spam junk mail in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-spam-junk-mail-in-windows-10/7fe1a900-7913-4c82-a968-dc9b2b75728d
  3. where is spam junk mail in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is spam junk mail in windows 10?: spam junk mail in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-spam-junk-mail-in-windows-10/7fe1a900-7913-4c82-a968-dc9b2b75728d
  4. where is spam junk mail in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SPAM "Your single-use code" mails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SPAM "Your single-use code" mails: Hello,I get "Your single-use code" mails 3-4 times in a day. The mail says "Someone else might have typed your email address by mistake", but this is another situation. This can not be a typing mistake.I can't find who try login or from where. Don't you think the system...
  6. SPAM "Your single-use code" mails

SPAM "Your single-use code" mails: Hello,I get "Your single-use code" mails 3-4 times in a day. The mail says "Someone else might have typed your email address by mistake", but this is another situation. This can not be a typing mistake.I can't find who try login or from where. Don't you think the system...
  7. Windows Mail addressed to Gmail accounts going to Spam or Trash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail addressed to Gmail accounts going to Spam or Trash.: We recently changed to Windows Mail after Windows Live Mail crashed, losing years of records in the folders. We are finding that emails from WM addressed to Gmail accounts are going straight to Spam or even Trash folders. How do we fix this?Is it a Windows Mail problem or...
  8. Windows Mail addressed to Gmail accounts going to Spam or Trash.

Windows Mail addressed to Gmail accounts going to Spam or Trash.: We recently changed to Windows Mail after Windows Live Mail crashed, losing years of records in the folders. We are finding that emails from WM addressed to Gmail accounts are going straight to Spam or even Trash folders. How do we fix this?Is it a Windows Mail problem or...
  9. Windows Mail addressed to Gmail accounts going to Spam or Trash.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. A very common question: From noware spam e-mail have invated my files at a good 75...

A very common question: From noware spam e-mail have invated my files at a good 75...: A very common question: From noware spam e-mail have invated my files at a good 75 daily!!! Any help wold be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-very-common-question-from-noware-spam-e-mail/ad1a0f78-090b-4d12-bb86-18d79cd18741

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mail spam