Windows 10: E-SATA Observations

Discus and support E-SATA Observations in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok I think this is some valuable information that needs to be out there. As this is what I encountered with my machine. I don't know if all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by beginning, Jan 27, 2016.

1. beginning Win User

E-SATA Observations

Ok I think this is some valuable information that needs to be out there.
    As this is what I encountered with my machine.
    I don't know if all machines will do the same but this is what happened for me.
    Just my 2 cents worth.. *Smile

A while ago there was a discussion going as the weather or not one had to steady safely remove your flash drives and external storage drives every time you want to power down/remove them.

The work around was this so we wouldn't need to 'safely remove':

E-SATA Observations [​IMG]

But I found out you don't want to do that to E-SATA drives as this is the result, USB1 transfer rate: *Sad

I went and re-enabled the 'safely remove' feature for the E-SATA drives only. As it seems USB isn't affected this way:

And we are back to good transfer rates once more: *chuckle

And yes the E-SATA dives are self-powered.

Just my 2 cents. *Cool

:)

beginning, Jan 27, 2016

2. E-sata connections not working.

Another update, after replacing the connection with a USB instead of the E-sata, the driver will appear in the Windows Explorer. However Win10 continue to display the error message that the Bootmanager is missing AND/OR "there is no operating system detected".

Will someone ever going to be able to help?

NilsonGhelardi, Jan 27, 2016
  3. E-sata connections not working.

An update since last post:

I'm sorry to inform that none of the options given above correct the issue.

My E-sata connections continue to NOT appear in my list of devices nor in the Windows Explorer.

Further more after conducting an "elimination" approach of connecting other HDDs one at a time, it's clear that E-sata is causing the other boot problem reported on my other question posted here.

NilsonGhelardi, Jan 27, 2016
Thema:

E-SATA Observations

1. E-SATA Observations - Similar Threads - SATA Observations

2. Intel Rapid Storage Technology disconnecting SATA drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology disconnecting SATA drive: Hi, Recently I've had several instances of Intel rapid stor tech disconnecting my SATA drive. Happens at least once a day. While restarting fixes that problem I'd prefer a way to fix it more permanently. I found this on FAQs, but it's only for Win 7,8. Is this the...
  3. New Bare-bones SATA Hard Drive (External) can't get "initialize" window to show on "disk...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Bare-bones SATA Hard Drive (External) can't get "initialize" window to show on "disk...: New backup hard drive (WD) shows up on "disk management" as "D" but r-click won't produce the "initialize" option -- just properties. Any suggestions why the initialization function fails to surface upon r-click? Is there another way to this option? Tried restarting and...
  4. Moving all user files from SSD to SATA HD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving all user files from SSD to SATA HD: Good day, I have a new Dell laptop with Windows 10 Pro and the C: Drive is a 256 Gb SSD drive. The other internal drive D: is a 2 Tb SATA 5400 RPM hard drive. Currently the C: drive has just about everything on it, including all user folders and files. I would prefer to...
  5. How does a combined 256GB SSD and 1TB SATA HDD work together?

in Windows 10 Support
    How does a combined 256GB SSD and 1TB SATA HDD work together?: I'm thinking of getting a new laptop and noticed that you can get a smallish SSD hard drive with a large 1TB normal hard drive with some laptops. I've normally had a normal large hard drive on my laptops and was wondering what would happen when installing programs and saving...
  6. Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI: Sorry to bother you all. I am currently trying to change my SATA mode from IDE to AHCI but in my BIOS the option to change it is grayed out. Is there anything I can do to fix this? My Specs are: Packard Bell imedia S1800 PC Ram: 2.0 GB DDR3 SSD: Crucial BX200 Media...
  7. Can a NVMe SSD simply replace a SATA 3?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can a NVMe SSD simply replace a SATA 3?: 4 months out of warranty, the SSD in my Lenovo Yoga 920 died. I was going to replace it with another 80mm SATA 3 SSD but just discovered NVMe SSDs. I'm wondering whether I can use one of these or whether in fact some devices do or don't have NVMe support. 138101
  8. PATA+SATA Woes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PATA+SATA Woes: Hello. I have an old pc which had w7 installed. Intel G41 chipset (ICH7). It has got two hard disks: Hard disk 1: PATA 165GB Hard disk 2: SATA 500GB When trying to install w10 to disk 2, disk layout is as follows: HDD1 PATA: One NTFS partition (primary). Not active. HDD2...
  9. SSD to SATA via USB not showing on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD to SATA via USB not showing on windows 10: Hello, I did solve the problem, and I am posting because I saw many forums with the same issue and nobody was telling the correct way to solve it. Background: The computer is a laptop, the original HD is inside the laptop and it is a 2.5", normal laptop SATA connector...
  10. Can I retrieve my email, music and photos from an infected hard drive using a SATA to USB...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I retrieve my email, music and photos from an infected hard drive using a SATA to USB...: Hello: Just got a call from my cousin in a different state who inexplicably fell for a version of the ransomware scam. Now they want $400. I think we all know the drill. I told her to buy a new hard drive or purchase a SATA to USB cable from Amazon an reformat her hard...