Windows 10: E-SATA Observations

Discus and support E-SATA Observations in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok I think this is some valuable information that needs to be out there. As this is what I encountered with my machine. I don't know if all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by beginning, Jan 27, 2016.

1. beginning Win User

E-SATA Observations

Ok I think this is some valuable information that needs to be out there.
    As this is what I encountered with my machine.
    I don't know if all machines will do the same but this is what happened for me.
    Just my 2 cents worth.. *Smile

A while ago there was a discussion going as the weather or not one had to steady safely remove your flash drives and external storage drives every time you want to power down/remove them.

The work around was this so we wouldn't need to 'safely remove':

E-SATA Observations [​IMG]

But I found out you don't want to do that to E-SATA drives as this is the result, USB1 transfer rate: *Sad

I went and re-enabled the 'safely remove' feature for the E-SATA drives only. As it seems USB isn't affected this way:

And we are back to good transfer rates once more: *chuckle

And yes the E-SATA dives are self-powered.

Just my 2 cents. *Cool

:)

beginning, Jan 27, 2016

2. E-sata connections not working.

Another update, after replacing the connection with a USB instead of the E-sata, the driver will appear in the Windows Explorer. However Win10 continue to display the error message that the Bootmanager is missing AND/OR "there is no operating system detected".

Will someone ever going to be able to help?

NilsonGhelardi, Jan 27, 2016
  3. E-sata connections not working.

An update since last post:

I'm sorry to inform that none of the options given above correct the issue.

My E-sata connections continue to NOT appear in my list of devices nor in the Windows Explorer.

Further more after conducting an "elimination" approach of connecting other HDDs one at a time, it's clear that E-sata is causing the other boot problem reported on my other question posted here.

NilsonGhelardi, Jan 27, 2016
Thema:

E-SATA Observations

1. E-SATA Observations - Similar Threads - SATA Observations

2. SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?: Recently my SATA SSD not sure what specific model but its intel something stopped being recognised by windows 11 yet it is in the BIOS. I have an Intel i9 10900kf, RTX 3060 ti and 32 GB ddr4 ram. I have tried reconnecting the physical connections into the motherboard and it...
  3. SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?: Recently my SATA SSD not sure what specific model but its intel something stopped being recognised by windows 11 yet it is in the BIOS. I have an Intel i9 10900kf, RTX 3060 ti and 32 GB ddr4 ram. I have tried reconnecting the physical connections into the motherboard and it...
  4. What should I do when I accidentally uninstalled SATA driver from device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do when I accidentally uninstalled SATA driver from device manager: Im actually trying to fix my DVD-rom issue. Im sure my Laptop has DVD-rom and it happened that it was gone in my windows explorer. Since i can't find it in device manager too, i tried to google solutions that might help me in my problem. I've watched a video on YouTube that...
  5. I accidentally uninstalled sata driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally uninstalled sata driver: Im actually trying to fix my DVD-rom issue. Im sure my Laptop has DVD-rom and it happened that it was gone in my windows explorer. Since i can't find it in device manager too, i tried to google solutions that might help me in my problem. I've watched a video on YouTube that...
  6. What should I do when I accidentally uninstalled SATA driver from device manager

What should I do when I accidentally uninstalled SATA driver from device manager: Im actually trying to fix my DVD-rom issue. Im sure my Laptop has DVD-rom and it happened that it was gone in my windows explorer. Since i can't find it in device manager too, i tried to google solutions that might help me in my problem. I've watched a video on YouTube that...
  7. I accidentally uninstalled sata driver

I accidentally uninstalled sata driver: Im actually trying to fix my DVD-rom issue. Im sure my Laptop has DVD-rom and it happened that it was gone in my windows explorer. Since i can't find it in device manager too, i tried to google solutions that might help me in my problem. I've watched a video on YouTube that...
  8. What should I do when I accidentally uninstalled SATA driver from device manager

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I accidentally uninstalled sata driver

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Transfer Windows SATA M2 to NVME M2 - clone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows SATA M2 to NVME M2 - clone not working: Hi All, I am attempting to breath some life into a 4 year old HP Laptop running windows 10. Memory upgrade to 16GB was straightforward, and I planned to move from th 256GB SATA M2 SSD to a 256GB WD SN750 NVME SSD - which in theory should be a bit of a boost too...I use...