Windows 10: E - SATA Port

Discus and support E - SATA Port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On the front of my pc is a port marked E-SATA, what is this for? 158757 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by elbmek, Jun 17, 2020.

1. elbmek Win User

E - SATA Port

On the front of my pc is a port marked E-SATA, what is this for?

:)

elbmek, Jun 17, 2020

2. E-sata connections not working.

Thank you Harkanwar,

There is no Security software at this point other than any Windows (i.e. Defender) that might have come automatically.

I will try the steps on option 1 and let you know later tomorrow.

So that you know......I was having similar issues with the MOBO USB ports that provide connections to the front of the case (card reader too). After unplugging and plugging them (2) back, windows acknowledged the additional drive letters. But that did not work
    for the only internal Sata cable to the E-sata port iin the front panel.

NilsonGhelardi, Jun 17, 2020
  3. E-sata connections not working.

An update since last post:

I'm sorry to inform that none of the options given above correct the issue.

My E-sata connections continue to NOT appear in my list of devices nor in the Windows Explorer.

Further more after conducting an "elimination" approach of connecting other HDDs one at a time, it's clear that E-sata is causing the other boot problem reported on my other question posted here.

NilsonGhelardi, Jun 17, 2020
  4. bobkn Win User

E - SATA Port

SATA port are not working??

See p. 2-33 in the downloadable manual.

If the M.2 port is set to SATA mode, the SATA Express ports can only be used with PCI-E devices. That would be SATA ports 1 and 2.

I see no reason why the other 4 SATA ports would be affected.

I'm a little confused by your post. I presume that "my new SSD" can't be the 850 EVO. That would only fit the M.2 socket. If you mistakenly called it an M.2 SSD, and it's really a 2.5" SATA drive, set the M.2 socket to PCI-E, and you should be able to use all 6 SATA ports.

bobkn, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

E - SATA Port

1. E - SATA Port - Similar Threads - SATA Port

2. Windows 10 release 20H2 - Is a given installation tied to the SATA port attached to the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 release 20H2 - Is a given installation tied to the SATA port attached to the...: Hi, all.I had to do a reinstall of Windows since 1909 was being EoLed and updates weren't working with no way to fix it. I felt it was much easier to outright reinstall.The install goes okay. However, later, I find out the drive I had installed Windows on was on the wrong...
  3. Hard drive turned RAW after changing sata port. Table resotration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive turned RAW after changing sata port. Table resotration: Hello everyone. I have a drive showing RAW data after switching sata ports (really odd). The drive shows up as NTFS in various other tools though. The drive health is showing a-ok through SMART and other tools. I imaged the drive and it ran into no bad sectors; went off...
  4. intel R 6 series/C200 series chipset family 6 port SATA AHCI controller-1C02

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel R 6 series/C200 series chipset family 6 port SATA AHCI controller-1C02: im getting this message up This device can not start. Code 10 An I / O card error has occurred. can anyone tell whats wrong or how to fix this?...
  5. I need to know what sata hard drive port I got.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need to know what sata hard drive port I got.: Hey, i've got a toshiba satellite c55-b5100 And, what sata port do i got for hdd\ssd upgrades. I found a good deal on amazon for a ssd....
  6. Question about adding SATA ports.

Question about adding SATA ports.: I have a home built with an ASUS Z87-A MB. It's current main use is as an HTPC and has four 4TB drives full of media and I need to add another. I have space in the case for several more drives but am using all 6 ports on the MB for those 4 plus an SSD boot and a DVD drive....
  7. Changed SATA ports between 2HHD's and HDD: device not migrated

Changed SATA ports between 2HHD's and HDD: device not migrated: I recently wanted to replace my 1TB HDD with a new 8TB HDD. The HDD is only used for storing data (music, movies, OneDrive etc.). Windows 10 runs from a M.2 Samsung Evo 970. I opened the PC case and loosely plugged the new HDD to the SATA2 plug, formatted it and activated...
  8. Sata ports question

Sata ports question: Hello all, i have just built a new ryzen PC, with a Asus B450 F MB , and i just got a Samsung M.2 970 EVO 500 Gig to replace my current 850 Evo, from what i understand my MB uses sata ports 5&6, i currently have 2 devices connected to those ports. would moving those two to...
  9. After 1809 update, every dvd drive I connect to my device by SATA port makes it behave weirdly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After 1809 update, every dvd drive I connect to my device by SATA port makes it behave weirdly.: As I said, since the new update, I cannot use a DVD drive properly in this device. The symptoms are these: -If the drive is connected and the driver is not installed when the computer starts, it starts normally, but the device manager won't open (with any method to open it)...
  10. How to reinstall Windows 10 from a hdd with a broken SATA port?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reinstall Windows 10 from a hdd with a broken SATA port?: I just bought a new 500gb hdd as I accidentally broke the SATA port on it, and I'm wondering how to install WIndows 10 and activate it on my new hard drive. I can't seem to find the license key on my case anywhere and the boot setup recognizes my new hard drive is plugged in,...