Windows 10: E - SATA Port

Discus and support E - SATA Port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On the front of my pc is a port marked E-SATA, what is this for? 158757 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by elbmek, Jun 17, 2020.

1. elbmek Win User

E - SATA Port

On the front of my pc is a port marked E-SATA, what is this for?

:)

elbmek, Jun 17, 2020

2. E-sata connections not working.

Thank you Harkanwar,

There is no Security software at this point other than any Windows (i.e. Defender) that might have come automatically.

I will try the steps on option 1 and let you know later tomorrow.

So that you know......I was having similar issues with the MOBO USB ports that provide connections to the front of the case (card reader too). After unplugging and plugging them (2) back, windows acknowledged the additional drive letters. But that did not work
    for the only internal Sata cable to the E-sata port iin the front panel.

NilsonGhelardi, Jun 17, 2020
  3. E-sata connections not working.

An update since last post:

I'm sorry to inform that none of the options given above correct the issue.

My E-sata connections continue to NOT appear in my list of devices nor in the Windows Explorer.

Further more after conducting an "elimination" approach of connecting other HDDs one at a time, it's clear that E-sata is causing the other boot problem reported on my other question posted here.

NilsonGhelardi, Jun 17, 2020
  4. bobkn Win User

E - SATA Port

SATA port are not working??

See p. 2-33 in the downloadable manual.

If the M.2 port is set to SATA mode, the SATA Express ports can only be used with PCI-E devices. That would be SATA ports 1 and 2.

I see no reason why the other 4 SATA ports would be affected.

I'm a little confused by your post. I presume that "my new SSD" can't be the 850 EVO. That would only fit the M.2 socket. If you mistakenly called it an M.2 SSD, and it's really a 2.5" SATA drive, set the M.2 socket to PCI-E, and you should be able to use all 6 SATA ports.

bobkn, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

E - SATA Port

1. E - SATA Port - Similar Threads - SATA Port

2. How to set a SATA port as external/removable media?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set a SATA port as external/removable media?: AVE...I have a SATA disk tray in my PC connected directly to SATA port on the motherboard and PSU. I wanted to use it for plugging in 3,5" SATA HDDs to use as backups and temporary storage extensions. Everything works fine: I inserted the HDD into the tray, it was detected,...
  3. How to set a SATA port as external/removable media?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set a SATA port as external/removable media?: AVE...I have a SATA disk tray in my PC connected directly to SATA port on the motherboard and PSU. I wanted to use it for plugging in 3,5" SATA HDDs to use as backups and temporary storage extensions. Everything works fine: I inserted the HDD into the tray, it was detected,...
  4. SATA port 0 TOSHIBA MQO4ABF100 Lock. How do I resolve this??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SATA port 0 TOSHIBA MQO4ABF100 Lock. How do I resolve this??: I was running Linux OS on my oracle virtual box on my HP laptop, my laptop became slow and I could exit my running apps, so I forcefully shutdown my system. When I tried turning it on again, I got the SATA port 0 TOSHIBA MQO4ABF100 Lock, requesting for a password and when I...
  5. SATA port 0 TOSHIBA MQO4ABF100 Lock. How do I resolve this??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA port 0 TOSHIBA MQO4ABF100 Lock. How do I resolve this??: I was running Linux OS on my oracle virtual box on my HP laptop, my laptop became slow and I could exit my running apps, so I forcefully shutdown my system. When I tried turning it on again, I got the SATA port 0 TOSHIBA MQO4ABF100 Lock, requesting for a password and when I...
  6. SATA port 0 TOSHIBA MQO4ABF100 Lock. How do I resolve this??

7. SATA port 0 TOSHIBA MQO4ABF100 Lock On HP laptop. How do I resolve this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SATA port 0 TOSHIBA MQO4ABF100 Lock On HP laptop. How do I resolve this?: I was running Linux OS on my oracle virtual box on my HP laptop, my laptop became slow and I could exit my running apps, so I forcefully shutdown my system. When I tried turning it on again, I got the SATA port 0 TOSHIBA MQO4ABF100 Lock, requesting for a password and when I...
  8. SATA port 0 TOSHIBA MQO4ABF100 Lock On HP laptop. How do I resolve this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA port 0 TOSHIBA MQO4ABF100 Lock On HP laptop. How do I resolve this?: I was running Linux OS on my oracle virtual box on my HP laptop, my laptop because slow and I could exit my running apps, so I forcefully shutdown my system. When I tried turning it on again, I got the SATA port 0 TOSHIBA MQO4ABF100 Lock, requesting for a password and when I...
  9. SATA port 0 TOSHIBA MQO4ABF100 Lock On HP laptop. How do I resolve this?

SATA port 0 TOSHIBA MQO4ABF100 Lock On HP laptop. How do I resolve this?: I was running Linux OS on my oracle virtual box on my HP laptop, my laptop because slow and I could exit my running apps, so I forcefully shutdown my system. When I tried turning it on again, I got the SATA port 0 TOSHIBA MQO4ABF100 Lock, requesting for a password and when I...
  10. Can a Slower SATA port cause BSOD while Gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a Slower SATA port cause BSOD while Gaming?: I want to confirm something. A while back I used to play games on my pc like Ark Survival Evolved and CSGO with no problem. Then my old harddrive died and I bought a new harddrive, I didn't know about the different Sata types then, and must have plugged it into the wrong...