Windows 10: E6540 WIFI stuck in "SOFTWARE OFF" mode for both integrated and add-on USB WIFI adapters.

Discus and support E6540 WIFI stuck in "SOFTWARE OFF" mode for both integrated and add-on USB WIFI adapters. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have seen this problem posted for other Dell E6540 laptops and haven't found a solution that resolves the problem. No it's not a simple WIFI switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paul Williams pwilliams, Jun 14, 2021.

1. E6540 WIFI stuck in "SOFTWARE OFF" mode for both integrated and add-on USB WIFI adapters.

I have seen this problem posted for other Dell E6540 laptops and haven't found a solution that resolves the problem. No it's not a simple WIFI switch problem or power management issue... I've tried it allI've tried disabling the hardware WIFI switch in the BIOS, as well as enabling it and turning it ONI've tried adding multiple USB WIFI adapters and they all have the same issue.I've tried disabling power management on the integrated and USB WIFI adapters.For some reason all the WIFI adapters built in or add-on USB on this laptop will come back with the radio status ofHARDWARE ONSOFTWARE O

:)

Paul Williams pwilliams, Jun 14, 2021
  2. Steffan Win User

USB WiFi adapter doesnt even see a network but integrated connects 2it

I have a USB wifi antenna which is much stronger and in the menu in the lower right I dont get to choose a network which is much closer than the one which it does actually connect to, BUT the integrated wifi card in the laptop sees at the lowest signal strength and even connects to it. I didn't choose to forget that network in order not to see it in the list for the USB wifi adapter... What could be causing this problem?

Steffan, Jun 14, 2021
  3. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

1. I am using Windows 10
    2. The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    3. I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

E6540 WIFI stuck in "SOFTWARE OFF" mode for both integrated and add-on USB WIFI adapters. [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

E6540 WIFI stuck in "SOFTWARE OFF" mode for both integrated and add-on USB WIFI adapters. [​IMG]

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

oneandthree, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Winuser Win User

E6540 WIFI stuck in "SOFTWARE OFF" mode for both integrated and add-on USB WIFI adapters.

Safe Mode with Networking - No network - No WiFi adapter...

I'm not sure what build they made the change in . I have tried every suggestion I found and nothing worked. When in Safe Mode my wireless network doesn't even show up so I can't choose it as a option.

Edit: I just tried booting into Safe Mode. The network icon had a X in it. When I clicked on it the only option was Airplane Mode.

Winuser, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

E6540 WIFI stuck in "SOFTWARE OFF" mode for both integrated and add-on USB WIFI adapters.

1. E6540 WIFI stuck in "SOFTWARE OFF" mode for both integrated and add-on USB WIFI adapters. - Similar Threads - E6540 WIFI stuck

2. Problems with Wifi USB Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Wifi USB Adapter: Hi, I have some problems with a TP-Link Archer T3U Plus AC1300, in particular my connection sometimes freezing and drops and in general it is very slow. I shot a video about this problem here. In order to understand the problem:I have done the same speedtest to another pc...
  3. USB wifi adapter is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB wifi adapter is not working: Hi, I recently purchased a USB wifi adapter. However, I'm having some issues with it, after installation I received an error message "Access violation at address 100417cf in module RaWLAPI.dll" The wifi networks are not showing. I tried restarting and using diffrent port but...
  4. USB wifi adapter not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB wifi adapter not working: Hi everyoneI've recently bought a USB wifi dongle but i haven't been able to use it yet. I connect the USB to my pc and then install the driver but when the installation finishes this error occurs: "Access violation at address 100417CF in module 'RaWLAPI.dll'" and I can't see...
  5. sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter: hi so, I am trying to make the following: (idB)USB wifi as Access Point <---WALL---> Windows 10 Pro Laptop <----WALL---> (idA)USB wifi connected to internet idA is an Alfa networks long range wifi adapter idB USB is located 4 meters away from idA USB and two concrete walls in...
  6. Choose usb wifi adapter

Choose usb wifi adapter: Hi, Currently, copper mixed fiber networks go down on average 40 Mbps, there are usb wifi adapter 2.0 and 3.0 like these: Archer T2U Plus | AC600 High Gain Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter | TP-Link USB 2.0 Data Transfer Rate 600 Megabits (Mbps) Speed in 2.4GHz up to 200Mbps...
  7. Wifi adapter turned off

Wifi adapter turned off: This problem "since about two months after an update for my windows 10 system; the wifi adapter now go off when the internet cable is connected and it does not go on again unless i disconnected the internet cable. I dont know what to do to activate the mobile hotspot from...
  8. Wifi adapter turned off

Wifi adapter turned off: since about two months after an update for my windows 10 system; the wifi adapter now go off when the internet cable is connected and it does not go on again unless i disconnected the internet cable. I dont know what to do to activate the mobile hotspot from my device. I...
  9. usb wifi nano adapter

usb wifi nano adapter: on my laptop im having internet issues where it it will cut out every few minutes this issue is only on one device so isnt the modem will getting a usb nano wifi adapter fix the cutting out issues?...
  10. Turn off WiFi adapter

Turn off WiFi adapter: Is WiFi antenna turned off if I disable WiFi adapter in "Adapter settings"? Why Airplane mode only disconnect WiFi from network, not disable them? 90594