Windows 10: EAC Running on startup but services says otherwise ???

Discus and support EAC Running on startup but services says otherwise ??? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; ive been noticing a trend since the past couple of days in which every time i startup my PC Easy Anti Cheat is all ready running and gobbling up about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DiBBz, Oct 23, 2019.

1. DiBBz Win User

EAC Running on startup but services says otherwise ???

ive been noticing a trend since the past couple of days in which every time i startup my PC Easy Anti Cheat is all ready running and gobbling up about 25% of my CPU usage.. reported as high usage. i dunno why its doing this and im not comfortable with it starting up on its own without even launching a single game.. this is just at boot

anyone know of a way to disable this process at startup even tho services say that its on a manual startup ???

EAC Running on startup but services says otherwise ??? [​IMG]

:)

DiBBz, Oct 23, 2019

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

EAC - problems with installing

Hi Pieter,

It is possible that the program that you are installing is outdated or not compatible with Windows 10. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.
    • May we know what is the EAC program that you referring to?

Meanwhile, you try to download and run the troubleshooter in this
    link
    to resolve issues that block programs from being installed or removed.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

1. EAC Running on startup but services says otherwise ??? - Similar Threads - EAC Running startup

2. Windows Defender service says it isn't running but says I'm protected and also says this...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender service says it isn't running but says I'm protected and also says this...: I open Microsoft Defender. I'm told everything looks good. I click Alerts and history. Screen say this device isn't fully protected. I click see details and instructed to go to Windows Security and start Defender. I open Windows Security and get that screen, not the Windows...
  3. Installed WiFi NIC is installed, but windows says otherwise

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installed WiFi NIC is installed, but windows says otherwise: I bought my PC over a year ago, and at first the WiFi Card was showing as installed. A month ago, I was unable to connect to wifi and in device manager it says it is not installed however it is. What shall i do to fix it?PC specs:i7 9700k @3.6ghzRTX 2070 super16GB ramWin 10...
  4. EvtSys service doesn't run at Windows 10 startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EvtSys service doesn't run at Windows 10 startup: I have a laptop Lenovo L340 with preinstalled Windows 10 Home. I'd like to send logs from this laptop to syslog server on another Linux machine. I'd like to use "Event to Syslog" utility for this task. After installing Event to Syslog as a service I checked that EvtSys...
  5. Antimalware Service Executable Runs at Startup

Antimalware Service Executable Runs at Startup: The issue is Antimalware Service Executable starts automatically at startup and makes my system unresponsive for long time. I know that "Windows Defender" scans files in background to provide us real-time protection but I haven't downloaded or stored even a single new file. I...
  6. EAC error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EAC error.: Help, Couldn't start the game, Easy Anti-Cheat error 30005. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eac-error/d0677e87-bd26-45ab-9268-b45f4d315580
  7. AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) runs at Startup. Is this normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) runs at Startup. Is this normal?: I have not concentrated on this issue before. But I noticed that on my dads Windows 8.1 machine AppX Deployment Service (AppXSVC) will not startup during Windows boot, yet under Windows 10 this will always start even when set to Manual. I have Windows 10 1903 64-bit Pro. I...
  8. startup screen says to run setup

startup screen says to run setup: Everytime I start up the computer I get to the splash screena dn it says to run SETUP because the RAID array is not setup correctly even though I did not use this but I do have two SSD's and two NVMe's in an Asus 99Deluxe II motherboard. Never had this happen so any help...
  9. EAC - problems with installing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    EAC - problems with installing: I'm truing to intall EAC on my PC. The programm asks permission to change omething in my PC without specifuing what. Last time I came across this question it ruined my Norton Ati-Virus. Is this a safe thing to do with EAC and will my Anti-Virus be able to protect PC if...
  10. Startup and Services

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup and Services: I am still new to Windows 10 but I guess the basic principles of these two internal programs are the same in Windows 7 and 10. I understand that in general disabling startup items in msconfig shortens the boot time and also disabling services does the same thing. However...