Windows 10: Each bootup and restart says "Scanning and repairing drive at 100%".

Discus and support Each bootup and restart says "Scanning and repairing drive at 100%". in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. I have an HP Pavilion 17 Laptop PC. The partitions were recently borked. So I figured out a way to fix it. I created a Windows 8.1 Bootable Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jesse Williams, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Each bootup and restart says "Scanning and repairing drive at 100%".

Hi. I have an HP Pavilion 17 Laptop PC. The partitions were recently borked. So I figured out a way to fix it. I created a Windows 8.1 Bootable Media from Microsoft, reinstalled Windows 8 (Windows 8.1) and upgraded it to Windows 10. The sad thing is that I still can't get it to boot to HP Recovery. But I am not going to worry about that. It's fixed and that's what matters. The only problem now is that each time it boots up or restarts, it says "Scanning and repairing drive at 100%".

Also to Shawn (@Brink), I wasn't sure where to post this thread, so I just posted it in General Discussion. If you need to move it to appropriate place, feel free to do so.

:)

Jesse Williams, Jun 7, 2016
  2. farby Win User

my phone says " System Error " while i delete d broken images frm my phone memory...

Connect the Phone to PC and thru' Windows Explorer search for this file. If you find it Delete from there .. See if it works .

farby, Jun 7, 2016
  3. my phone says " System Error " while i delete d broken images frm my phone memory...

i hav C6 n it is givin me error when i delete the broken images it displays "systen error" although i dont have any images in my phone memory n m not usin memory card also... plzz help..

omkar_bartakke, Jun 7, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Each bootup and restart says "Scanning and repairing drive at 100%".

It sounds as if you need to do a CHKDSK with repair on your drive and all its partitions. Have a look at the following tutorial and especially some of the methods in option 4:

Drive Error Checking in Windows 10

philc43, Jun 7, 2016
  5. I am not sure what drive is affected, as this computer's drives were recently borked.

6. philc43 Win User
    Does Disk Management shed any light on the problem? This is a stab in the dark but it maybe the HP Recovery partition that is faulty, when the system tries to repair it the partition may be read only and so it gets stuck. CHKDSK does no harm so you can just check every drive.

philc43, Jun 7, 2016
  7. Below is a screenshot of Disk Management.

Each bootup and restart says "Scanning and repairing drive at 100%". [​IMG]

I also need to delete some partitions that I don't use and it would be great if you or somebody else could tell me what partitions to delete. I also need to know how to run a chkdsk scan, since I don't know which one to scan.

8. philc43 Win User

Hi Jesse,

Have you worked through the tutorial I posted earlier? This shows you how to check for disk errors. Option 1 should tell you if you have any problems. Option 3 shows you how to use the chkdsk command. You need to look at drives C:\ and E:\

Regarding your disk partitions I can see that there is some tidying up required, you also have quite a bit of unallocated space. Do you have Macrium Reflect Free which I would recommend for backing up and investigating partitions? There are several other experts more experienced than I with partitions and I hope they will offer some help.

philc43, Jun 8, 2016
  9. Phil, I did read it. But I can't figure out which drive it is. It says its a volume rather than a drive. Yes, I am familiar with Macrium Reflect. I had the BIOS set up to boot in Legacy Mode, and that's when it was saying "Scanning and reparing drive at %100". But since I changed it back to UEFI in the BIOS, it has stopped saying that.

Jesse Williams, Jun 8, 2016
  10. philc43 Win User
    OK, sounds like you are sorted then apart from the partition structure which is not a big deal unless you are getting short of disk space.

UEFI bios mode is correct for your installation and you can easily check by looking at System Information:

Each bootup and restart says "Scanning and repairing drive at 100%". [​IMG]

philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Each bootup and restart says "Scanning and repairing drive at 100%". - Similar Threads - Each bootup restart

2. Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete: I have stuck on the screen Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete over 6 hours. Even i was tried to turn off my laptop but couldn't do as i was pressed the power button for 8-10 seconds however it's not turning off so Could someone guide me to resolve the issue?...
  3. Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete: I have stuck on the screen Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete over 6 hours. Even i was tried to turn off my laptop but couldn't do as i was pressed the power button for 8-10 seconds however it's not turning off so Could someone guide me to resolve the issue?...
  4. Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete: I have stuck on the screen Scanning and repairing drive C 100% complete over 6 hours. I am hesitant to turn off the computer because I don't have any backup. What can I do?...
  6. Stuck at “Scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at “Scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete”: So I ran a chkdsk on my m.2 ssd because i was told to do so because some of the files on my ssd were corrupted, I started the chkdsk and not even 5 minutes after the reboot, it says “Scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete”, idk if I should turn it off, or just let...
  7. Windows scanning and "repairing" drive each startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows scanning and "repairing" drive each startup.: Since I reinstalled windows on my new m.2 drive, I have been getting the black screen with the blue windows logo each launch. I've checked my drive health with Crystal Health and it is 100%. My m.2 is the only drive listed on the boot menu. I've tried doing the optimize tool...
  8. Scanning and Repairing Drive C 100% Complete - STUCK

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scanning and Repairing Drive C 100% Complete - STUCK: When my computer does a chkdsk /r, and restarts, the scan will get stuck on 100%. I've let it sit for over 16 hours and it stays stuck. If I hit the reset button, it''ll restart, the Scanning and Repairing Drive C 100% Complete momentarily comes up, but then it moves forward...
  9. Stuck on "scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck on "scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete": so yesterday i went to reset my computer and i got to the part where it said "scanning and repairing drive (c:): 100% complete" it got to 100% pretty fast but after that it never moved it has been stuck like this for around 15 hours what do i do? 65662
  10. Scanning and Repairing drive (C:): stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Support
    Scanning and Repairing drive (C:): stuck at 100%: I restarted my Lenovo laptop the other day to its factory settings, and it's been stuck at 100% for Scanning and repairing drive (C*Smile since yesterday when I woke up. So it's basically been stuck for an entire 24+ hours at 100%. What do I do? 69004