Windows 10: Each keystroke comes over the speakers. How do I turn this off?

Discus and support Each keystroke comes over the speakers. How do I turn this off? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Cybertron gaming computer, desktop, of course. No touch screen keyboard. I was holding down Shift in order to read some message in a game,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EL108, Dec 31, 2018.

1. EL108 Win User

Each keystroke comes over the speakers. How do I turn this off?

I have a Cybertron gaming computer, desktop, of course. No touch screen keyboard. I was holding down Shift in order to read some message in a game, and a box popped up, I closed it, didn't really read it, wish I had now, and now every keystroke comes through the speakers. I can't figure out how to turn it off.

Every internet search takes me to 'How to turn off touch keyboard type sounds' but my computer doesn't even have that as an option for a touch keyboard in settings.

Please help, It's driving me crazy!

:)

EL108, Dec 31, 2018

2. Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

when I hit one key sometimes it drops down a list to select from

sometimes it takes 2 keystrokes then just hangs

if I persist in trying Win 10 logs off and I have to log on again.

maybe the keystroke autocompletion feature?

Need help. My Win 10 system is now unusable until I resolve this issur.

Using a second PC to enter this problem description.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks/

smartalecktexan, Dec 31, 2018
  3. How can I make a Base Microphone work without it turning off the speakers?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. Let me help you.

As per the description Microphone should work without turning off the speakers.

I suggest you follow the steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon.

• Select playback devices option.

• Now select the speaker as default.

• Now go to recording devices option and select the microphone as default and click on apply.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Each keystroke comes over the speakers. How do I turn this off?

Turn phone speaker off when headset is plugged into E71

Thanks for the quick reply. Indeed I have the firmware version v200.21.118 and I have seen the Mute option when a call comes up. I immediately tested your suggestion, but it turnes out, it is not what I was looking for, for multiple reasons:

• When pressed, the sound is muted in both the phone speaker as well as in the headset.
    • You need to perform an action before every call to enable the function, which is annoying.
    • There is still sound coming from the phone speaker.
    Maybe I haven't specified my question properly, so to be as clear as possible: is there a way to have all the sound my phone makes (key strokes, ringtones, music) be played through the speakers of the headset
    and at the same time have the phone speaker muted?

maartmeester, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Each keystroke comes over the speakers. How do I turn this off?

1. Each keystroke comes over the speakers. How do I turn this off? - Similar Threads - Each keystroke comes

2. How do I turn this off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn this off: So, I accidentally turn on a setting in my computer which shows the keys I have pressed on my screen like some sort of history. I'm not sure if it's an accessability thing but I just want it gone. How do I turn this off?...
  3. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  4. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn this off?: https://puu.sh/JdMQj/b384d1dc85.png This is a screen shot of what im talking about. See that window that pops up next to the scroll bar telling me what Im already looking at? Please someone tell me how to turn this off. Its so useless and distracting and just decided to show...
  5. How do I turn this off?

6. How do i turn this off ?

How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  7. How do i turn this off ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn this off ?: I just got update and this appear in the right corner of the screen. It's oki but i want to turn off so i can move some folder in thereDoes anybody know how to turn that off ? Thank you...
  8. keystroke to turn off windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    keystroke to turn off windows defender: My Windows 10 version is 2004 build 19041.388 very often, I have to turn off Windows defender to work on a file or to transfer it across my network (peer to peer). when I go through the usual steps to turn off windows defender settings update & security Windows security...
  9. How do I turn off the internal speaker in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off the internal speaker in Windows 10?: How do I turn off the internal speaker in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-internal-speaker-in-windows/cee9b6a8-ed55-462a-b0a5-972d56f42f00
  10. How to turn off Cortona Speakers.

in Cortana
    How to turn off Cortona Speakers.: Did a Troubleshooter and accidentally turned on the SPEAKERS. How do I turn them back off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-cortona-speakers/7496ce6d-3653-41ee-8d7d-c39aff61e7d9"