Windows 10: Each time the pc restarts I have to reload each app and restore the entire desktop...

Discus and support Each time the pc restarts I have to reload each app and restore the entire desktop... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Each time the pc restarts I have to reload each app and restore the entire desktop manually. I also have to set up each app and re set up all app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pirate001 Boca, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Each time the pc restarts I have to reload each app and restore the entire desktop...

Each time the pc restarts I have to reload each app and restore the entire desktop manually. I also have to set up each app and re set up all app settings. After each reboot, the pc has me re-setup and redo all settings for everything including Google and Office settings. This started after installing the latest Windows 10 updates. I uninstalled the updates and still have the problems.

:)

Pirate001 Boca, Dec 12, 2019

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Dec 12, 2019
  3. penciline Win User
    Backup and Restore entire phone with Programs

Is there a utility that will enable me to backup an entire Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional Phone (The HP IPAQ Glisten) and restore it after a factory reset? I have Windows Vista 64-bit on my desktop with Windows Mobile Device Center as the Active Sync agent.

Sincerely,

penciline, Dec 12, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Each time the pc restarts I have to reload each app and restore the entire desktop...

Boot Up Time - Desktop PC

Hi Rhea

Turn off all unnecessary startup applications and processes:

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See any non-essential items are listed there

If so, select and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list, see any non-essential items are listed there, uncheck any you find

Click Apply and OK

Turn off all unnecessary Background Apps

Open the Settings App

Go to Privacy - Background Apps

Turn off any App you do not need running in the background

Restart your PC

If the above does not fix your startup time, please perform the following steps:

Press the Shift Key and click Restart

Your PC will boot into the Windows Recovery Environment

Please try each option one at a time, then see of Windows will boot . . .

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Repair

See if Windows startup can repair itself

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - System Restore

Check to see if you have a restore point you can go back to

DaveM121, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Each time the pc restarts I have to reload each app and restore the entire desktop...

1. Each time the pc restarts I have to reload each app and restore the entire desktop... - Similar Threads - Each restarts reload

2. Windows 11 restarts automatically each time I shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 restarts automatically each time I shutdown: I use the Windows/Start/Shutdown feature and my ultrabook HP Spectre360 powers off. But after 5 seconds, the laptop powers up again. I have tried changing power settings and turning off "Restart after crash". Has anyone else had this problem? Internet searches provide some...
  3. Windows 11 restarts automatically each time I shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 restarts automatically each time I shutdown: I use the Windows/Start/Shutdown feature and my ultrabook HP Spectre360 powers off. But after 5 seconds, the laptop powers up again. I have tried changing power settings and turning off "Restart after crash". Has anyone else had this problem? Internet searches provide some...
  4. Each time I try to download.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Each time I try to download.: No matter where I try to download something, it says "couldn't download virus scan failed. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/each-time-i-try-to-download/d11c5a89-f658-46e5-ab73-1c8127ed04e5
  5. Reinstall fonts on each restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall fonts on each restart: Everytime I restart I've to reinstall a non standard font called Cascadia Code PL. Is there anyway to fix this? submitted by /u/farlangben [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jj7fmr/reinstall_fonts_on_each_restart/
  6. Account Resets after each PC restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Account Resets after each PC restart: I restarted my computer a few weeks ago and after the update my account was wiped. Only apps left on my desktop were Steam, Norton, Microsoft Edge, and Google Chrome. I assumed it was a one time thing and just reinstalled everything and moved on. Fast forward to a few days...
  7. Log on Each Time Booting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log on Each Time Booting: I just purchased a new 17" HP with Windows 10... Each time I shut down and later want turn on the computer, I have to log on. How can I eliminate this requirement?...
  8. Windows 10 startup menu refreshes each time the PC is restarted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 startup menu refreshes each time the PC is restarted: For some unknown reasons my PC will completely set my start up menu to default after reboot. https://imgur.com/a/GU6qyzu Those red circles on the picture are how they work, the steam one, which I installed it and wish it to be on the list will be gone after restarting my...
  9. PC crashing each time while Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing each time while Gaming: My OS crashed each time I play games like FIfa 15 or CS GO. Had the issue when I was on win 8 and has now persisted in windows 10 as well. So first the the output from graphics card disappears afer 4-5 mins of usage and then PC freezes with some looping noise from the...
  10. Restore system back each time it boots?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore system back each time it boots?: What was the tool that makes Windows restore system back to the clean state each time it boots? i would like to have it enabled for schools because studens keep messing up computers and i have to reinstall the computer via network. Many years ago, i were student at school...