Windows 10: Earbud microphone isn't being picked up. My computer uses the computer mic, not my earbud...

Discus and support Earbud microphone isn't being picked up. My computer uses the computer mic, not my earbud... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've tried everything. I'm using the same earbuds and the computer recognized these earbuds and the microphone on it. My main problem is that when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Markersroc, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Earbud microphone isn't being picked up. My computer uses the computer mic, not my earbud...

I've tried everything. I'm using the same earbuds and the computer recognized these earbuds and the microphone on it. My main problem is that when I use discord, the mic being used is the computer mic where everyone can hear me typing reallyyy loudly, can also hear the conversations of those near me, and even my mouse clicking.

The problem started when I accidentally kicked my earphones (they were on the ground and I tripped over them while they were plugged into my computer) and then ever since, my computer just doesn't pick up my earbud mic. I managed to fix it once by disabling and enabling the microphone in device manager.

Then I accidentally kicked it again and the problem started again. I did the exact same thing, but this time it didn't work. Then I had to uninstall realtek and reinstall using the 64-bit windows 10 download option and it went into a loop of having to install and restart my computer, and once I logged back on after restarting, I would have to restart my computer again (turns out you need to click "delete the driver software for this device" then uninstall and restart, then log back in and reinstall and it should work). After I did that, i worked!

Now the problem is back for the third time. I did everything previously, and nothing is working. I noticed that (this happened ONCE) when I went to Sound Control Panel, I saw my earbuds were connected. I pressed troubleshoot under the input microphone section in sounds and it said that the headphone jack on the left of my computer wasn't the default device. I tried to figure out how to make it the default device (yes, I went to manage sound devices. It didn't work), but after trying to uninstall and reinstall, the earbuds that originally showed up had disappeared.

Also, when I troubleshoot audio devices, it says that there is no jack information available... even though my earbuds are connected. And yes, the earbuds are connected to the audio jack. I don't know if that's not supposed to happen, but I thought I'd add that into the list of problems I'm having.

I don't know what the heck is wrong, but it's bugging me that I can't fix it when I know it has worked before. It's also bugging my friends because I can't talk when I'm playing a game and when I do, they can hear EVERYTHING from my computer mic.

Please help. I've spent too many hours on this.

:)

Markersroc, Sep 27, 2019
  2. legoj14 Win User

Earbud mic not working

I recently got some red Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds. My headset broke, so I needed a temporary placeholder for a mic. I thought the mic on the earbuds would work out. They don't. I plugged them into the microphone jack on my computer, and I cannot get it to
    pick anything up. It does pick something up when I shake it, but not when I speak or blow into it.

The thing is, it doesn't seem like it's the earbuds that are the problem. The microphone works perfectly fine on my phone. It just doesn't work on PC. Any help?

legoj14, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Using the Built-In Mic Instead of Earbud Mic

Hi all,

I've had this problem for a while now where no matter what kind of earbuds I'm wearing, the default recording device is always the built-in microphone on my laptop.

I've opened up recording settings and I don't see a specific device listed as the in-line mic built into my earbuds, but when I use these earbuds on my phone I am able to use the microphone seamlessly.

For further information, the default recording device on my computer is listed as Realtek High Definition Audio, and I've done several tests to confirm that it is indeed the mic that is built into my Asus laptop.

Much thanks and cheers.

ThomasJeong, Sep 27, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Earbud microphone isn't being picked up. My computer uses the computer mic, not my earbud...

Earbuds microphone[Solved]

I don't think phone earbuds with mic are compatible to work on a PC, they have mic and audio in one jack for a PC you usually need 2 jacks.
    Only audio may work when you use these earbuds on PC.

P4-630, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Earbud microphone isn't being picked up. My computer uses the computer mic, not my earbud...

1. Earbud microphone isn't being picked up. My computer uses the computer mic, not my earbud... - Similar Threads - Earbud microphone isn't

2. Earbud Mic Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Earbud Mic Not Working: I recently bought a oneplus wireless earbud it was working fine before, but now my laptop says the microphone isn't plugged in.I tried using my earbud with another laptop or phone,microphone seems to work well.i tried using sound settings to configure it but there it says...
  3. Built-in microphone on earbuds not being recognized

Built-in microphone on earbuds not being recognized: I am using "Sony - EX14AP Wired Earbud Headphones". I only have one multi-functional jack, which is picking up the headphones aspect perfectly, but is in no way recognizing the microphone. I haven't messed with any settings regarding my microphone before and I've followed...
  4. USB MICROPHONE ISN'T BEING PICKED UP

USB MICROPHONE ISN'T BEING PICKED UP: my usb microphone wont be recognized by my pc. ive looked up other people who have had the same issue and tried those methods to fix it, but nothing works. ive done everything from troubleshooting to reinstalling drivers and nothing of the sorts work. the light on the mic is...
  5. The microphone on of my wireless earbuds do not automatically connect to my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The microphone on of my wireless earbuds do not automatically connect to my computer: Issue: The device has been paired with a windows 10 laptop. After turning the device off and then back on, the microphone does not automatically connect. The audio does connect. The issue is usually rectified by manually disconnecting the headphones and then reconnecting...
  6. The microphone on of my wireless earbuds do not automatically connect to my computer

The microphone on of my wireless earbuds do not automatically connect to my computer: Issue: The device has been paired with a windows 10 laptop. After turning the device off and then back on, the microphone does not automatically connect. The audio does connect. The issue is usually rectified by manually disconnecting the headphones and then reconnecting...
  7. Computer thinks earbud speakers are a microphone, ignoring the actual microphone

Computer thinks earbud speakers are a microphone, ignoring the actual microphone: Hello, I have been trying to connect my earbuds to my computer as a microphone, however, even though the earbuds I have tried to connect and I have tried quite a few have a microphone, windows will not detect the microphone part as the microphone, instead it will the detect...
  8. Using the Built-In Mic Instead of Earbud Mic

Using the Built-In Mic Instead of Earbud Mic: Hi all, I've had this problem for a while now where no matter what kind of earbuds I'm wearing, the default recording device is always the built-in microphone on my laptop. I've opened up recording settings and I don't see a specific device listed as the in-line mic built...
  9. Earbuds mic not working

Earbuds mic not working: Hello, After plugging my earbuds mic combo into my laptop, the recording device is not being switched over and the laptop mic is still being used. Ive searched the forums and tried, Updating drivers, all good. Checking the earbuds work on another device, yep. Opening...
  10. Earbud mic not working

Earbud mic not working: I recently got some red Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds. My headset broke, so I needed a temporary placeholder for a mic. I thought the mic on the earbuds would work out. They don't. I plugged them into the microphone jack on my computer, and I cannot get it to pick anything up. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound drivers for skullcandy earbuds windows 10

2. pc headset mic isnt being picked up

3. windows 10 earbuds mic