Windows 10: Earbud volume buttons not changing volume

Discus and support Earbud volume buttons not changing volume in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've plugged in wired earbuds to my Surface Laptop 1. When I click the audio buttons on my earbuds to make the volume go up or down, there is no change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pk403, Oct 21, 2020.

1. pk403 Win User

Earbud volume buttons not changing volume

I've plugged in wired earbuds to my Surface Laptop 1. When I click the audio buttons on my earbuds to make the volume go up or down, there is no change being reflected. If I change the audio via my keyboard or slider on my laptop, then I can hear the audio change in my earbuds, so it seems like it's only the buttons on the earbuds not working. These are new earbuds, so I don't think it is a hardware problem.

:)

pk403, Oct 21, 2020

2. Bluetooth earbuds interrput on bigger volume change

Earbuds (especially right-earbud) stops for around 0,5s when I change the volume

+

Problem with recording audio with earbuds in stereo earbuds setting as default -> they shut down even when I only come in recording tab in windows audio control panel

I have bluetooth earbuds QCY QS1

When I connect them to my Windows 10 1803 they work.

But when I change volume in right down corner of windows the problem starts. But only with bigger volume difference. Like from 75% to 100% or 15% to 40%.

It's like... the sound (mainly in right earbud imo) dissapears for 0,5 second? They work well when volume doesn't change. But when I change the volume to up or down for more % this problem comes out. How to fix this? (updated bluetooth drivers to latest and still...)

Another but aside problem is that when I go to recording settings they stop working, no sound from them and windows settings broke and suspend, to close them i shot all the time "X" button to crash it. I found that this is with stereo mode. When I set in audio listening the hand-free version that is seen as default (will change to it) -> the audio is not as good in earbuds and only right earbud is giving the audio. But after this change the recording tab works normally and I can even turn this earbuds as default for recording and it is working. There is definetly some problem with it.

Krystian Walicki, Oct 21, 2020
  3. GrayI Win User
    Spontaneous Volume Change

Occasionally my volume will change on its own. The volume control popup appears and volume goes up or down, sometimes to a painful result, however usually just annoying (volume down is more typical than volume up).

I believe I know the cause. My laptop uses a Realtek Audio chipset and a TRRS jack that I believe also accepts inline volume controls. The volume change only happens when one set of earbuds is plugged in, and happens more frequently when the cable is moving/flexing.
    The earbuds themselves do not contain inline volume controls so that wouldn't be the issue there, nor do they cause this issue on my cell phone which also accepts inline volume, and they are somewhat beyond my price range to replace.

What I need is a way to prevent the volume changes. I would imagine there would be a way to stop volume changes from a certain device via regedit if needed, but I have no idea where I would find such a thing. Please help!

GrayI, Oct 21, 2020
  4. yoko9fond Win User

Headphones not changing Volume

My Windows laptop just updated to the Windows 10 May Update (1903). After the update, as soon as I plugged in my earbuds into the headphone jack, the volume goes straight to 100, no matter what volume is shown on the actual volume slider. Changing the
    volume doesn't do anything, the volume is still at max level. Is there any way to fix this?

yoko9fond, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Earbud volume buttons not changing volume - Similar Threads - Earbud volume buttons

2. volume buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume buttons: my asus rog zephyrus g15 gaming laptop volume buttons dont work if i reset my laptop will the volume buttons work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons/487d553e-3c80-4b3d-a3bf-17c19840e2f0
  3. volume buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume buttons: my asus rog zephyrus g15 gaming laptop volume buttons dont work if i reset my laptop will the volume buttons work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons/487d553e-3c80-4b3d-a3bf-17c19840e2f0
  4. changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume: I have tried everything on the main page. from speaker properties, updates and further advanced options and nothing seems to be working. it works on headphones. i tried to test my speakers and they preform well on the tests. I can adjust the volume in the settings for...
  5. changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume: I have tried everything on the main page. from speaker properties, updates and further advanced options and nothing seems to be working. it works on headphones. i tried to test my speakers and they preform well on the tests. I can adjust the volume in the settings for...
  6. Volume randomly changes in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume randomly changes in volume mixer: Here's a GIF of my volume mixer, if anyone could help that'd be great submitted by /u/Fitzyy23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g3f724/volume_randomly_changes_in_volume_mixer/
  7. volume change

in Windows 10 Customization
    volume change: Apparently overnite an update occured and the volume on my laptop for notifications, on/off and in general is SIGNIFICANTLY louder and from what I understand it can not be controled by volume keys. What can be done to reduce the volume ? This is painful !!...
  8. Volume button not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume button not responding: After updating my Hp envy 360 to windows 10 I came to the realization that my volume is non responsive. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-button-not-responding/63478bf2-0bd3-4951-a82d-5184c9812091
  9. Volume buttons are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume buttons are not working: For some reason when i turned my PC on and went on YouTube, I tried turning my volume up and it didn't work. All the other buttons on my keyboard work, except for those three. The mute, lower volume, and higher volume buttons. I need help....
  10. Volume buttons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume buttons: My volume buttons aren't working, how do turn down up or down the volume with the volume buttons on the keyboard? I have the Surface Laptop burgundy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons/d069bf98-9209-49c9-a6df-a5a2608b0306