Windows 10: Earbuds with microphone not recording.

Discus and support Earbuds with microphone not recording. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm beyond frustrated. I plugged in my earbuds this morning and was able to record and take calls. Come back at night and it does not work anymore. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChiragShah3, May 4, 2019.

1. Earbuds with microphone not recording.

I'm beyond frustrated. I plugged in my earbuds this morning and was able to record and take calls. Come back at night and it does not work anymore. I have run every troubleshoot option on the default microphone troubleshooter, my privacy setting are on for the microphone and I have checked for driver updates. I cannot get my mic to work on my computer (Windows 10), but it works perfectly fine as soon as I try it on my phone (Android). The microphone is generally not located on the device options for recording under sounds option. The only thing I haven't tried is reinstalling the drivers which I want to avoid as it was working this morning without any problems. Any advice on how to fix this?

:)

ChiragShah3, May 4, 2019

2. Earbuds with microphone and Windows 10 laptop with dual headphone/microphone jack not showing up in recording devices.

I've been trying to suit my laptop to my needs and one of the things I need for work are earbuds which can record my voice without catching the other sounds of typing or clicking of the mouse. I have looked at many different tutorials in how to fix the
    problem with my earbuds not recording my voice despite my earbuds having a microphone on them and my laptop having dual headphone/microphone jack. The only recording I'm getting is from the laptops innate microphone witch catches all the other sounds more
    than my voice. Any help? Thanks Earbuds with microphone not recording. :)

Marcos MC2, May 4, 2019
  3. Using the Built-In Mic Instead of Earbud Mic

Hi all,

I've had this problem for a while now where no matter what kind of earbuds I'm wearing, the default recording device is always the built-in microphone on my laptop.

I've opened up recording settings and I don't see a specific device listed as the in-line mic built into my earbuds, but when I use these earbuds on my phone I am able to use the microphone seamlessly.

For further information, the default recording device on my computer is listed as Realtek High Definition Audio, and I've done several tests to confirm that it is indeed the mic that is built into my Asus laptop.

Much thanks and cheers.

ThomasJeong, May 4, 2019
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Earbuds with microphone not recording.

Earbud mic not working

Hi legoj14,

Do you see the microphone on the Recording tab of Sound properties? If not, please check with these settings by following these steps:

1. Right-click the volume icon on the taskbar and select
      Recording Devices
    2. In the Recording tab, look for green bars rising as you speak into your recording device. If the bars are moving, your device is connected and working properly.
    If the device isn't there, it's possible that the microphone isn't set up yet. Try these steps to install microphone:

1. Right-click the volume icon on the taskbar and select
      Recording Devices
    2. In the Recording tab, select the microphone or recording device you'd like to set up. Select
      Configure.
    3. Select Set up microphone, and follow the steps of the
      Microphone Setup Wizard
    You can also try the Recording Audio troubleshooter. These are the steps:

1. Press Windows key + I on your keyboard to open Settings.
    2. Click Update & Securtiy, and then click Troubleshoot on the left-hand pane.
    3. Look for and click Recording Audio, then click Run the troubleshooter.

Update me if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Earbuds with microphone not recording.

1. Earbuds with microphone not recording. - Similar Threads - Earbuds microphone recording

2. The microphone of earbud cannot be detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The microphone of earbud cannot be detected: I just bought new earbuds with a built-in microphone. I tested it and it works perfectly on my phone. But when I plug it into a laptop using Windows 11, the system only detects the headset and cannot use the microphone....
  3. The microphone of earbud cannot be detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The microphone of earbud cannot be detected: I just bought new earbuds with a built-in microphone. I tested it and it works perfectly on my phone. But when I plug it into a laptop using Windows 11, the system only detects the headset and cannot use the microphone....
  4. Earbud/headset microphone not connecting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Earbud/headset microphone not connecting?: I've had this problem for a while. No headset or earbud microphone will work. I've only gotten a camera microphone to connect to it. I know the microphone works, and as of trying to connect it again, I'm using AirPods Pro 2nd Gen. I don't even see the choice for Airpods...
  5. Earbud/headset microphone not connecting?

Earbud/headset microphone not connecting?: I've had this problem for a while. No headset or earbud microphone will work. I've only gotten a camera microphone to connect to it. I know the microphone works, and as of trying to connect it again, I'm using AirPods Pro 2nd Gen. I don't even see the choice for Airpods...
  6. Recording Microphone Static

Recording Microphone Static: So I am using a Dell Inspiron 3000, windows 11. My input device is currently Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Tech for digital mics. When I speak into the mic, static always comes out, and the audio is fuzzy I tested it with playback, when I play video games with friends...
  7. Built-in microphone on earbuds not being recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built-in microphone on earbuds not being recognized: I am using "Sony - EX14AP Wired Earbud Headphones". I only have one multi-functional jack, which is picking up the headphones aspect perfectly, but is in no way recognizing the microphone. I haven't messed with any settings regarding my microphone before and I've followed...
  8. Microphone not recording

Microphone not recording: My microphone was not working and I reinstalled windows and audio drivers. When I speak the icon shows movement indicating that sound is being sensed, but nothing records in voice recorder, skype of other program. Troubleshooters have not found a problem....
  9. Microphone will not record

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone will not record: the microphone in my speakers is not working. I have insignia speakers don't know the technical name that play audio just fine. However, when I try to voice record our sons school work & then playback...nothing. I feel like the answer is super simple, like wrong port...
  10. voice recorder microphone

voice recorder microphone: voice recorder microphone not working, is asking to add an external microphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recorder-microphone/1ff40f41-7afb-4ea8-a80c-841077ec7860

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 record with earbud microphone

2. earbuds microphone not working on pc

3. do ear buds work as mic on pc