Windows 10: Early Bug w/ 2004 Update

Discus and support Early Bug w/ 2004 Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Anyone who has successfully updated to 2004 notice this issue. When I optimize my SSD in Windows it executes and shows the normal "0 days since last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mccnavy, Jun 3, 2020.

1. mccnavy Win User

Early Bug w/ 2004 Update

Anyone who has successfully updated to 2004 notice this issue. When I optimize my SSD in Windows it executes and shows the normal "0 days since last optimization." As long as I stay logged in there are no issues. However, when I restart now, it always shows "never run" and "needs optimization." I reinstalled 2004 as a repair by reinstall but it still does it. I'm guessing it is a bug at this time but not sure if anyone else is experiencing.

:)

mccnavy, Jun 3, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 3, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jun 3, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Early Bug w/ 2004 Update

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Early Bug w/ 2004 Update

1. Early Bug w/ 2004 Update - Similar Threads - Early Bug 2004

2. BUG AFTER 2004 UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BUG AFTER 2004 UPDATE: Hi, I have encountered a problem after updating to 2004 version of windows. The problem is that office app automatically opens whenever I click my DPI button on my mouse. I need your help my mouse speed is too fast. Thanks,...
  3. Profile Pics bug after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Profile Pics bug after 2004 update: Hi, I'm having some issues with profile images after updating to Windows 10 2004 On my computer I have 2 accounts, mine that's associated with my Microsoft account and the other one for my parents that is only local. I obviously had two different profile pictures but since...
  4. Windows update bug Win 10 2004?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update bug Win 10 2004?: When I manually click the check for updates button it searches and then appears to very briefly (1 second) attempt to download something and returns to the you're up to date green check mark. Can anyone reproduce this? I have taken a desktop capture from my machine which...
  5. [BUG] updated from 1909 to 2004

[BUG] updated from 1909 to 2004: with version 1909 windows 10 home i was able to use "windows key + ctrl + s" to take a snapshot of my screen and the resulting picture would get send to "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\TempState\ScreenClip" which...
  6. Weird bug after updating to 2004

Weird bug after updating to 2004: Recently I got the update notification on my PC and decided to risk it because I wanted to try out WSL 2. Turns out everything was fine, and encouraged by this, I upgraded my wife's HP laptop. Turns out everything did not go well for her. She keeps getting signed out of...
  7. A few bugs since 2004 Update

A few bugs since 2004 Update: Hey guys, here is a list with a few bugs I encountered since the 2004 update. - If I wake up my PC from sleep, sometimes the whole system has mini freezes/stutters -> Restart - Sometimes when I start my PC I get the same bug as above, just from a normal startup -> Restart...
  8. Windows 10 2004 update bugs.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 update bugs.: Hello, I recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 version 2004, I begun noticing some weird behaviour: -Desktop rearranges after every restart, the shortcut of "This PC" gets moved to last position. -A Windows defender module was disabled by itself happened once for now,...
  9. 2004 build bug

2004 build bug: When renaming video files, file explorer gets frozen and stop working. The whole computer also starts freezing after awhile submitted by /u/ttran857 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtc7i1/2004_build_bug/
  10. To early to update to Version 1903?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    To early to update to Version 1903?: Those that have upgraded to Version 1903, is MS still coming out with download updates to that version quite frequently? Or, do you suggest waiting another month or 2? I waited 3 months to upgrade to 1809. This past May, I never saw so many updates to that...