Windows 10: Early version of Windows 10 Cloud leaks

Discus and support Early version of Windows 10 Cloud leaks in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Oh, there are millions of devices out there that are powered by ARM processors, that are not mobile phones. One of these devices would be a Raspberry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 3, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Early version of Windows 10 Cloud leaks

Hi there

Once my Fridge starts ordering groceries for me --IT's ALL OVER.

Just because I'm say low on Milk why on earth should it order more -- I might be going away for a few days / weeks !!

In any case this stuff would just STIFLE imagination --what if you wanted to try new recipes etc with ingredients you'd never bought before.

Now a ROBOT that could Iron clothes, stack the dishwasher, vacuum the house, call those HIDEOUS Indian call centres operated by Banks and utilty companies etc -- that's what I call progress -- not some stupid Fridge ordering groceries !!!!.

Besides in the supermarket I regularly use - I like to Banter with the young ladies (and sometimes the young Men too-- however they all seem Man Utd or Liverpool Fans - even though they are around 1800 KM away from those grounds--anybody know where I can source a Hull City T-Shirt just to wind them up - I think Hull 2 -Liverpool 0 last weekend).

I'm sure they don't want to banter with a FRIDGE.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 5, 2017

2. Come on, who wouldn't want their toaster to tweet them when the toast is done. *chuckle *Tongue

alphanumeric, Feb 5, 2017
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Love it !!!!!!!.
    I've trained the dog though to tell me when it's done - and the dog can push a trolley around too !!!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 5, 2017
  4. z3r010 Win User

Early version of Windows 10 Cloud leaks [​IMG]

z3r010, Feb 5, 2017
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi

Nice pic !!

I'm not actually a Luddiite

I LOVE new technology -- but it must be fit for purpose -- not help to atrophy Brainpower !!!!.

(actually here a lot of the time you could probably manage WITHOUT a Fridge- but that's another issue !!).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 5, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    You can even get an app to tell you when to go pee!
    (The human race is so screwed!) *Confused

Edwin, Feb 5, 2017
  7. Windows Cloud is a natural progression for "Windows everywhere"-mentality.

Guys, don't get caught up in just my one simple example.

Besides that fridge could be connected to your calendar too and it would know you are away for a week or 2. Windows Cloud --> connected to all your cloud services and is intelligent enough to understand the context of all data it has.

slicendice, Feb 5, 2017
  8. Early version of Windows 10 Cloud leaks

Some people are like robots, they don't think for themselves at all. So yes someone would need a tweet that tells that person to go to pee or take a shower...or whatever.

slicendice, Feb 5, 2017
  9. Mystere Win User
    What's wrong with the Windows 10 IoT version that runs on Raspberry Pi?

Mystere, Feb 5, 2017
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

If that Fridge knew I'd be away for a week - then someone somewhere would know -- Open House folks -- come back and you've been visited by "un-invited guests". Fortunately Crime like that is quite low here but in other places ????.

I remember going to a wedding reception in Scotland a few years ago (nothing against the Scots so don't read this wrong) - but when the wedding invitations were sent out someone in the Mail (Post office ??) centre told his friends that these people would be out of their homes during the wedding reception you can guess what happened next.

Guess what

15 people attending that reception came back and found their houses had been "visited by uninvited guests" !!.

If you just look at the paranoia on the A/V Forum -- how is it people will rabbit on for years whether the latest version of malware bytes or Norton is fit for purpose - yet are quite happy to allow their Fridge to connect without any A/V protection to a cloud server that could be hosted anywhere - and certainly where the minimum wage would be well below UK/US / most of EU standards and where even basic security controls could be questionable.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 5, 2017
  11. It has no UI by default! Early version of Windows 10 Cloud leaks :)

slicendice, Feb 5, 2017
  12. Hahha, great story! Your statements are very close to the real truth. Early version of Windows 10 Cloud leaks :)

slicendice, Feb 5, 2017
  13. idrmrsr Win User

What about a version that runs on a model 1 SURFACE device which is running Windows 8.1 RT? I'd love to be able to update that lovely hunk of junk. I bought it refurb just to say I had one. But I would love to update the OS somehow!

idrmrsr, Feb 5, 2017
  14. It's a GUI less almost useless, to me anyway, OS. It's not in anyway shape or form anything like Windows 10 on any other device. No browser, no Apps, no anything except basic system info. You write your own Apps etc in visual studio and install them yourself. I don't have the skills for that so 10 IoT just makes my Pi a paperweight.

15. I'd be Ok with my fridge telling me I'm out of milk Cold Beer. *Wink

Thema:

1. Early version of Windows 10 Cloud leaks - Similar Threads - Early version Cloud

2. Can I load windows 10 onto MacBook Air early 2015 version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I load windows 10 onto MacBook Air early 2015 version?: Can I load windows 10 onto MacBook Air early 2015 version? If so is it easy to do and is there a cost for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-load-windows-10-onto-macbook-air-early-2015/d38fc321-f903-4285-943e-d8b1cfdedd14
  3. Can I load windows 10 onto MacBook Air early 2015 version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I load windows 10 onto MacBook Air early 2015 version?: Can I load windows 10 onto MacBook Air early 2015 version? If so is it easy to do and is there a cost for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-load-windows-10-onto-macbook-air-early-2015/d38fc321-f903-4285-943e-d8b1cfdedd14
  4. How can I roll back to a early version on windows???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I roll back to a early version on windows???: I have two Dell latitude computers won the camera is working fine the other one it is not. Only real difference is the version of windows. How do I roll back to an earlier version of windows. See below for specs of both laptops. NEW DELL LEGACY DELL Computer A- Device name...
  5. Microsoft leaks Windows 10’s new mysterious “Cloud PC” service

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft leaks Windows 10’s new mysterious “Cloud PC” service: Rumours have suggested that Microsoft is secretly working on a new CloudPC service and its underlying technology will power Win32 apps streaming on Windows 10X. References to Cloud PC were first spotted in a LinkedIn job and very little confirmed information exists, but a new...
  6. Leak confirms Windows 10 Cloud Clipboard is set for a new upgrade

in Windows 10 News
    Leak confirms Windows 10 Cloud Clipboard is set for a new upgrade: A new feature in the forthcoming Microsoft update could help you access your Windows 10 Cloud Clipboard from anywhere as long as you have got an Android phone. Microsoft is working on a new feature that will allow users to copy-paste text and images between a phone and PC....
  7. early version windows 10 PC access problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    early version windows 10 PC access problems: Desktop with early windows 10 version. I waited a year to get a windows 10 PC back around 2016. I hardly ever used it but it has mega amounts of data that I want. This thing sat and was always updating to the point that it corrupted itself and I removed the hard drive and...
  8. To early to update to Version 1903?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    To early to update to Version 1903?: Those that have upgraded to Version 1903, is MS still coming out with download updates to that version quite frequently? Or, do you suggest waiting another month or 2? I waited 3 months to upgrade to 1809. This past May, I never saw so many updates to that...
  9. Windows 10 Cloud minimum hardware requirements leaks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Cloud minimum hardware requirements leaks: Microsoft is gearing up to take on Chromebooks with new hardware running Windows 10 Cloud. On May 2nd, the company is holding a software and hardware event in New York City, where it’s expected to launch a new device running a new variant of its desktop OS. Windows 10...
  10. How to enable an early version of the new Start Screen

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable an early version of the new Start Screen: We recently discovered the beginnings of what appears to be the new Start Screen / Continuum mode in the most recent Windows Technical Preview. The Start Screen, being very early in development is very buggy and broken, however we understand that some of you wish to try it...