Windows 10: Early version of Windows 10 Cloud leaks

Discus and support Early version of Windows 10 Cloud leaks in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A lot of this tech is controlled by the user, not the other way around. If you have the skills you can bend technology to your will. There are so many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Early version of Windows 10 Cloud leaks

A lot of this tech is controlled by the user, not the other way around. If you have the skills you can bend technology to your will. There are so many different aspects to IoT. It can be as simple as telling you if its raining outside before you even look outside. Or tracking your DOG via GPS so he doesn't get lost. That could be handy if your hiking in the woods for instance and something spooks it. It can be as simple as just information transfer with no control involved. Monitoring your green house for example. It all depends on your wants and needs, and skills if your the one building it.

alphanumeric, Feb 6, 2017

2. Exactly!
    Yep, it could be a safety feature at home, monitoring each appliance power usage and time being powered on and turning off devicves that does not have to be powered on 24/7.

It could be a fire alarm system that notifies the owner how severe the fire is or if there's only smoke. It could call you and have a voice saying "Smoke detected in your living room." or "Fire detected in your kitchen, current temperature 524C".

slicendice, Feb 7, 2017
  3. So I installed Windows 10 on my fridge and now I have to tap on the door before I can open it.

markweatherill, Feb 7, 2017
  4. Winuser Win User

Early version of Windows 10 Cloud leaks

I think I'm still capable of knowing what and when I turn on or off my appliances. I don't need a fridge that tells me I'm out of milk. They already have*alarm systems that will call*the fire department or police department.*I don't see how the alarm calling me is going to help? To each their own. I do like tech but*I don't see where I would have any need for IoT appliances.

Winuser, Feb 7, 2017
  5. Phone Man Win User
    I chuckle when I see the title of this thread.

Early version of Windows 10 Cloud leaks.

Does that mean it's raining???

Jim *chuckle

Phone Man, Feb 7, 2017
  6. Winuser Win User
    *Roflmao2

Winuser, Feb 8, 2017
  7. As mentioned before, this IoT- or Cloud-connected devices is not for everyone. If you don't see the value of it, then you don't need it. Or maybe you need it but you just don't know it yet. Simple!

The most valuable part of this is that most of this stuff is Open hardware and open software (except Windows), so you can build just about anything from scrap parts. And it's cheap too. Instead of purchasing a several thousand $ alarm system, one can build something that does more for only a fraction of the money.

Maybe you want your device to be voice controlled? Maybe you want to talk to your fridge, which let's you know what is missing or is near expiration date. Maybe the fridge gives you ideas for what to cook, based on what's in there and what should be used first and based on the max time you are willing to spend in cooking when in a hurry or lazy. Maybe you are a terrible cook and need some help with the steps, so you have another IoT that will take you through all the cooking steps from start to finish, including timers so you don't forget to take the food out of the oven in time. Maybe you are experimenting with something new and you need a video tutorial that takes you through the difficult cooking or preparation steps? Maybe you liked the latest recipe and want to add it to your favorites/cook book? Maybe you did not like the food so you blacklisted that particular recipe?

I don't know about you negative or skeptics!?! But the possibilities are endless, and I see how I could benefit from these devices in unlimited ways.

slicendice, Feb 8, 2017
  8. Winuser Win User

I'll stay with the IoT I was born with.

Winuser, Feb 9, 2017
  9. I saw Windows 10 Cloud and thought it was some new W10 OneDrive storage feature. Now I see it's just a new chrome book...that only let's your run Windows Store apps....dear god.

RECONBunny, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Early version of Windows 10 Cloud leaks - Similar Threads - Early version Cloud

2. Can I load windows 10 onto MacBook Air early 2015 version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I load windows 10 onto MacBook Air early 2015 version?: Can I load windows 10 onto MacBook Air early 2015 version? If so is it easy to do and is there a cost for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-load-windows-10-onto-macbook-air-early-2015/d38fc321-f903-4285-943e-d8b1cfdedd14
  3. Can I load windows 10 onto MacBook Air early 2015 version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I load windows 10 onto MacBook Air early 2015 version?: Can I load windows 10 onto MacBook Air early 2015 version? If so is it easy to do and is there a cost for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-load-windows-10-onto-macbook-air-early-2015/d38fc321-f903-4285-943e-d8b1cfdedd14
  4. How can I roll back to a early version on windows???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I roll back to a early version on windows???: I have two Dell latitude computers won the camera is working fine the other one it is not. Only real difference is the version of windows. How do I roll back to an earlier version of windows. See below for specs of both laptops. NEW DELL LEGACY DELL Computer A- Device name...
  5. Microsoft leaks Windows 10’s new mysterious “Cloud PC” service

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft leaks Windows 10’s new mysterious “Cloud PC” service: Rumours have suggested that Microsoft is secretly working on a new CloudPC service and its underlying technology will power Win32 apps streaming on Windows 10X. References to Cloud PC were first spotted in a LinkedIn job and very little confirmed information exists, but a new...
  6. Leak confirms Windows 10 Cloud Clipboard is set for a new upgrade

in Windows 10 News
    Leak confirms Windows 10 Cloud Clipboard is set for a new upgrade: A new feature in the forthcoming Microsoft update could help you access your Windows 10 Cloud Clipboard from anywhere as long as you have got an Android phone. Microsoft is working on a new feature that will allow users to copy-paste text and images between a phone and PC....
  7. early version windows 10 PC access problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    early version windows 10 PC access problems: Desktop with early windows 10 version. I waited a year to get a windows 10 PC back around 2016. I hardly ever used it but it has mega amounts of data that I want. This thing sat and was always updating to the point that it corrupted itself and I removed the hard drive and...
  8. To early to update to Version 1903?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    To early to update to Version 1903?: Those that have upgraded to Version 1903, is MS still coming out with download updates to that version quite frequently? Or, do you suggest waiting another month or 2? I waited 3 months to upgrade to 1809. This past May, I never saw so many updates to that...
  9. Windows 10 Cloud minimum hardware requirements leaks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Cloud minimum hardware requirements leaks: Microsoft is gearing up to take on Chromebooks with new hardware running Windows 10 Cloud. On May 2nd, the company is holding a software and hardware event in New York City, where it’s expected to launch a new device running a new variant of its desktop OS. Windows 10...
  10. How to enable an early version of the new Start Screen

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable an early version of the new Start Screen: We recently discovered the beginnings of what appears to be the new Start Screen / Continuum mode in the most recent Windows Technical Preview. The Start Screen, being very early in development is very buggy and broken, however we understand that some of you wish to try it...