Windows 10: Earphone doesn't work if plugged in While Laptop is on. But Works if plugged in before...

Discus and support Earphone doesn't work if plugged in While Laptop is on. But Works if plugged in before... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a wired problem on my Dell Laptop Win 10 Build 17134.376. When I plug in the earphones while windows is already on, it doesn't show anywhere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Naveen Dahal, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Earphone doesn't work if plugged in While Laptop is on. But Works if plugged in before...

I have a wired problem on my Dell Laptop Win 10 Build 17134.376. When I plug in the earphones while windows is already on, it doesn't show anywhere else either on device manager nor other places. But when I restart or plugin earphones before power on, it works and shows up everywhere else. As soon as in plug it out and again plugin earphones it disappears and doesn't work. I need its best solution.

:)

Naveen Dahal, Nov 13, 2018

2. Earphones

when I plug my earphones into my laptop to listen to anything I can,t hear anything .I have even used other earphones and the same results nothing .How do I get my earphones working again

1. I have windows 8

geraldcassidy1, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Does windows 10 recognize when earphones are plugged in?

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to inform that Windows 10 does recognize and display a prompt when earphones are plugged in. I would like to ask if you are able to listen to sound from the earphone when plugged in.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Earphone doesn't work if plugged in While Laptop is on. But Works if plugged in before...

earphones not working on windows 8.1 laptop

When i plug in my earphones there is no sound. It was working recently. I think yesterday it was working. The computer doesn't seem to recognize there is something plugged in. I tried troubleshooting and looking at sound in the control panel and it still
    isn't recognized. The earphones work on other devices. I turned the laptop off and on and the problem still happened.

Joshua HOLLOWAY (STUDENT), Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Earphone doesn't work if plugged in While Laptop is on. But Works if plugged in before...

1. Earphone doesn't work if plugged in While Laptop is on. But Works if plugged in before... - Similar Threads - Earphone doesn't plugged

2. Microphone not working when earphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working when earphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my earphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my earphones is not working. I attempted to disable the earphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  3. Hearing Static in earphones plugged to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hearing Static in earphones plugged to laptop: I hear a static bzz just before some audio is about to play and then a static bzz again after a few seconds once the audio stops playing or there is no audio playing. I believe there is also a slight white noise the entire duration between these two events but that gets...
  4. Hearing Static in earphones plugged to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hearing Static in earphones plugged to laptop: I hear a static bzz just before some audio is about to play and then a static bzz again after a few seconds once the audio stops playing or there is no audio playing. I believe there is also a slight white noise the entire duration between these two events but that gets...
  5. Hearing Static in earphones plugged to laptop

6. Video doesn't play while laptop is plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video doesn't play while laptop is plugged in: I cannot play any video while the laptop is plugged in. The sound plays, but no video. Videos play fine on battery power. This started after the latest MS update. I have updated all drivers. The screen also dims for no reason and flickers to black once in a while, while...
  7. Microphone doesn't work when earphones are plugged in.

Microphone doesn't work when earphones are plugged in.: Hello, my microphone Maono au-pm461 TR doesn't work when I plug in any headphones, I tested "noname" headphones, Razer electra v2 and razer kraken essential. When I plug in microphone and headphones microphone doesn't work or headphones doesn't works for example I have error...
  8. Headphones do not work unless they are plugged in before the laptop is powered on.

Headphones do not work unless they are plugged in before the laptop is powered on.: Hello, I have an Acer Nitro 5 2019, model number AN515-54-58BA. I bought it this past December, and about a month afterwards the 3.5mm port started misbehaving. There would be a 50-50 chance of any device plugged into it to work. However the speaker icon on the taskbar...
  9. Computer doesn't work if not plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer doesn't work if not plugged in: hello, my computers battery is at 0 percent right now, and it's status doesn't seem to change. It has been like this for about a week now. The computer has to be plugged in to work. if it is not plugged, it doesn't turn on. I think this may be a serious problem, but i can't...
  10. Earphones are not working when plugged in with xbox1 controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Earphones are not working when plugged in with xbox1 controller: Hi. I just got a new Laptop that I use to play games with on the go. I usually play with an xbox1 controller with earphones plugged in the controller. at the start it works perfectly fine but a few days ago it stopped working....