Windows 10: Earphone or external mic not showing up in playback device or recording device windows 10

Discus and support Earphone or external mic not showing up in playback device or recording device windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I am having issue with 3.5 mm combo jack , I can use 3.5mm jack using earphone no issue with audio in earphone. Device details : Acer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by idonthaveoption, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Earphone or external mic not showing up in playback device or recording device windows 10

Hi Guys,

I am having issue with 3.5 mm combo jack , I can use 3.5mm jack using earphone no issue with audio in earphone.

Device details :

Acer Nitro 4 AN515-31

Windows 10 HOME

version : 2004

OS build : 19041.388

Audio driver :

Earphone or external mic not showing up in playback device or recording device windows 10 7bd0e6dd-2a16-4865-b688-1f7bd261c046?upload=true.png

Issue :

1. when i insert earphone it is not shown in playback device and its mic is not listed in recording devices .

yes I every time i select which device is being used headphone, headset , mic , line_in etc from pop-up.

2. My external mic is not shown in recording device it used 3.5mm jack. Model BOYA BY M1.

3. control pannel -> sound -> only shows microphone array and stereo mix in recording devices no earphone mic or external mic

Earphone or external mic not showing up in playback device or recording device windows 10 f5b6f24c-44b3-4d37-a08c-a434c2e5eedf?upload=true.png

Earphone or external mic not showing up in playback device or recording device windows 10 58e78e06-a5a8-4dbe-98f4-2527fa6f0498?upload=true.png

yes i have checked show disabled device block is clicked .

what I have tried .

1. setting -> microphone -> enable microphone.

2. control pannel -> realtek hd audio manager -> click on audio jack and select device

3. tried using acer provided realtek driver : 6.0.1.8451

4. update driver from realtek website version : 6.0.1.8907.1

5. try trobleshooter for windows setting

6. uninstall driver from device mannager and restart

Nothing worked .

please help me to find solution

:)

idonthaveoption, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Oblivion Win User

Headphones/Earphones Not Showing Up On Playback Devices

Hello,

I'm running on Windows 10 Home and my earphones work but they don't show up in playback devices (Right click sound and select playback devices) I'm not really sure how to get them back. It doesn't really matter with my earphones but my headphones don't work at all when I plug them in and I'm not sure if it not showing up in the playback devices will change anything (So I can set it to default device?)
    Also, my headphones used to work but then it started not to work every once and a while and the sound would come out of the speaker.
    It would be appreciated if someone could help.

THANKYOU!*Biggrin

Oblivion, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Mic in earphones issue

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 7567 gaming laptop. I have issues with external mic or mic in earphones or headsets. They used to work perfectly fine about till previous month or two.. I don't know what happened, now windows doesn't detected them.. Whenever i connect
    any of my earphones with mic, which used to work perfectly with my laptop, the playback device is detected but the recording device isn't.. The Waves pop up appears where there no mic device listed.. neither in the windows sound settings.. Laptop's internal
    mic works fine.. But doesn't detect external mic.. it appears as if i have not connected any mic..

Please help me out fixing this issue..

Thank you.

SripadKulkarni, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Earphone or external mic not showing up in playback device or recording device windows 10

Bluetooth Earphones not available as a playback device.

Hi Jollee,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1) Are you able to see any other earphones/headphones as playback device except the Bluetooth
    earphones?

2) From when are you facing this issue?

3) Are you facing this issue only with Bang and Olufsen BEOPLAY H5 Earphones?

Meanwhile, please try the below troubleshooting Methods.

Method 1:
    Disconnect the Bluetooth device and pair the device back and see if the volume control option shows up for the device.

Method 2:

Step 1: Open
    Playback Devices and right-click on a black place and select 'Show Disconnected Devices' and 'Show Disabled Devices'.

After that, you'll see headphones appear in the Playback devices shown in Disabled status.

Step 2: Then, right-click on your earphones and click 'Enable'.

Step 3: After the device is enabled, if you see it not set as
    Default Device, highlight it and click the
    Set Default
    button. If it's already set as default device.

Step 4: Click 'OK' and 'Apply'.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Earphone or external mic not showing up in playback device or recording device windows 10

1. Earphone or external mic not showing up in playback device or recording device windows 10 - Similar Threads - Earphone external mic

2. connected earphones with mic to external monitor showing up as "unplugged"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connected earphones with mic to external monitor showing up as "unplugged": HELLO!!Recently i bought a monitor which i have connected to my laptop using HDMI port. The monitor has a built in jack port to which i connect my earbuds. Everything was working fine, audio was fantastic, worked properly..... UNTIL.. i had the to use the mic. When i speak...
  3. connected earphones with mic to external monitor showing up as "unplugged"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connected earphones with mic to external monitor showing up as "unplugged": HELLO!!Recently i bought a monitor which i have connected to my laptop using HDMI port. The monitor has a built in jack port to which i connect my earbuds. Everything was working fine, audio was fantastic, worked properly..... UNTIL.. i had the to use the mic. When i speak...
  4. Uninstalled Realtek Jack Mic Recording and Playback device by mistake.

Uninstalled Realtek Jack Mic Recording and Playback device by mistake.: I disabled the Realtek Jack Mic device in the Recording tab under sound devices and then restarted my laptop.When I restarted it, I wasn't able to hear anything from my earphones and then I tried a lot to get back the Realtek Jack Mic device but failed...PLEASE HELP ASAP......
  5. Headset mic not showing up in recording devices

Headset mic not showing up in recording devices: I am using realtek I have a hp 8100 compact elite small form factor I have plugged my turtle beach 70p recon headset into my pcs headset port It pops up on realtek but it only gives the option to pick headphones line in or mic I have checked sound and looked for...
  6. My headphone don't show up in Playback or Recording devices.

My headphone don't show up in Playback or Recording devices.: So I have had this headset for a while now and I have had no problems with it. Then I realized my microphone isn't working. So I looked up all over google and youtube of how to set up a microphone so I was doing that but everything was saying go into Playback Devices and your...
  7. Bluetooth Earphones not available as a playback device.

Bluetooth Earphones not available as a playback device.: Hi All, I am having trouble using my Bang and Olufsen BEOPLAY H5 Earphones with my Lenovo P52S running windows 10. The device and Windows pair perfectly, however, the device is not listed as a playback option in the volume mixer, device manager and sound options. I have...
  8. Headphones not showing up in playback devices [Windows 10]

Headphones not showing up in playback devices [Windows 10]: On my Windows 10 HP z400 workstation, plugging in headphones to the computer's front jacks does not cause them to show up in playback devices, even though disconnected and disabled devices are both shown. I have tried this with multiple different headphones (all of which work...
  9. Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices

Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices: So I've troubleshooted with two headsets, both of them I'm getting output from, but neither microphones are working. I've uninstalled drivers, unplugged/restarted etc.. And one of them is a 3.5mm jack while the other is USB so it's not a port issue either. Would anybody...
  10. Headphones/Earphones Not Showing Up On Playback Devices

Headphones/Earphones Not Showing Up On Playback Devices: Hello, I'm running on Windows 10 Home and my earphones work but they don't show up in playback devices (Right click sound and select playback devices) I'm not really sure how to get them back. It doesn't really matter with my earphones but my headphones don't work at all...