Windows 10: earphones being recognized as mic

Discus and support earphones being recognized as mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, i am asking this question because my laptop's audio jack was fully functioning, after i connected a Bluetooth speaker on the computer, but when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SixBaton8992858, Jan 13, 2019.

1. earphones being recognized as mic

Hello, i am asking this question because my laptop's audio jack was fully functioning, after i connected a Bluetooth speaker on the computer, but when when when i switched back to using my earphones, the sound is very bad, there was no bass like there used to be, then i tried to fix it then that's when i saw that my laptop is recognizing my earphones as a microphone, now i don't know what to do, so please help me Thanks.

earphones being recognized as mic 7be368c8-e7f1-47ed-8a38-ece9d8980e8f?upload=true.png

Here is a screenshot of what my laptop is recognizing.

:)

SixBaton8992858, Jan 13, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User

Earphone w/mic problem... the earphones are acting as a mic!

its annoying.. I need to use my mic, but the earphone is acting like a mic, not the mic! its one of those earphones w/mic for iphone

on my desktop I successfully can use it as a mic, but on my netbook I can't

n-ster, Jan 13, 2019
  3. ABY
    aby Win User
    Earphones Mic not working

Hi all,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 Gaming laptop, running Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134.165. My laptop has one 3.5 mm jack where I plug my Earpods (Apple's earphones with mic) to use it as headphones and mic always works but yesterday out of nowhere it stopped working. I checked my Earpods with my iPhone and the mic would work just fine but not with the laptop.

Realtek audio driver is already installed but there's no realteks audio icon to configure or make changes. When I connect my Earpods, I can hear through them but the mic doesn't work however if I speak close to the internal mic I can see that green bar moving up which exists in Sounds>Recording.

I updated the Intel graphic driver to the latest version 2 days ago and the Mic would work fine.

Few steps which I tried to fix the issue but didn't help:

1) Tried to setup mic: No go
    2) Tried reinstalling/updating audio drivers: No go
    3) Checked Microphone privacy settings and its ON
    4) Unchecked Allow application to take exclusive control of this device: No go

Can someone help me on this?
    Thank you

4. earphones being recognized as mic

Mic issue with earphones/headphones

Hello,

I have an issue with the audio recording/input device.. My laptop doesn't recognize the mic present in the earphones.. Everything was alright about a month ago.. Whenever i used to connect my earphones, the mic used to get switched to it.. Now there's no
    option for the external mic in sound settings.. I see a Speaker/Headphones combined option for playback but when it comes to recording devices, the only option i have is the default internal mic.. The mic in the earphones doesn't show up.. The earphones absolutely
    work very well with my phone.. I have also tried using other earphones.. The mic isn't detected.. All my earphones are being treated as if they don't have a mic in them.. Tried reinstalling drivers, tried searching for solutions on the internet.. Didn't find
    anything.. They used to work about a month ago but i don't know what happened suddenly.. As per my guess, this problem started after the recent windows October update..

My laptop model is Dell Inspiron 7567..

Thank you.

SripadKulkarni, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

earphones being recognized as mic

1. earphones being recognized as mic - Similar Threads - earphones being recognized

2. earphones/headphones not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    earphones/headphones not being recognized: hey i have a problem with my headphones when i plug them in. If i plug them in normally, they dont get recognized, but if i leave them plugged in and restart my laptop, they get recognized, and from there if i try replugging them again they dont get recognized.I have tried...
  3. earphones/headphones not being recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    earphones/headphones not being recognized: hey i have a problem with my headphones when i plug them in. If i plug them in normally, they dont get recognized, but if i leave them plugged in and restart my laptop, they get recognized, and from there if i try replugging them again they dont get recognized.I have tried...
  4. earphone mic not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    earphone mic not detected: Hello everyoneI'm using Haylou W1 and it work for playing music but not for meeting because the mic is not detected in input deviceWhen I'm trying to look into device manager the headset is disconnected but it don't want to be connectedis there anything that I need to do so I...
  5. USB Mic is Not Being Recognized Anywhere

USB Mic is Not Being Recognized Anywhere: I have a USB Blue Snowball iCE microphone. The issue I am having with it is that it is not being recognized anywhere. Not on another device, not on any program, not even in device manager. I really do not want to believe that it is a problem with the cord itself since it is...
  6. External mic being recognized as headphones

External mic being recognized as headphones: Hi, my external mic is constantly being recognized as headphones. I have tried updating my audio drivers, even reinstalling them but nothing seems to work. I currently use RealtekR Audio and I have this problem. I tried downloading Realtek HD Audio but when I did my...
  7. earphone mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    earphone mic: will my earphone mic work on windows 10 which has 1 jack?? or i have to use headphones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/earphone-mic/3149f6b8-72fa-446b-ad3e-c19af9d11f83
  8. My laptop doesn't recognize my earphones mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop doesn't recognize my earphones mic: [ATTACH] My ASUS FX553VD laptop has 3.5mm headphones/headset/mic all-in-one port. My earphone is LG G7ThinQ Bundle Earphones, which known as LG Quadbeat 3. However, my laptop recognizes it as only headphones like this: Able to select between speaker/headphones Only...
  9. Earphone mic not being detected

Earphone mic not being detected: Hi, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 with a single audio jack for sound+mic. I have Windows Audio driver because Realtek did not detect my headphones at all. Now I can only see my headphones as an output device but no input device at all but my earphones have a built-in/inline...
  10. Mic in earphones issue

Mic in earphones issue: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 7567 gaming laptop. I have issues with external mic or mic in earphones or headsets. They used to work perfectly fine about till previous month or two.. I don't know what happened, now windows doesn't detected them.. Whenever i connect any of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphones being recognized as microphone