Windows 10: Earphones mic not working on windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Earphones mic not working on windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyoone, so lately i've been complaining about my problem with my earphones mic, it's not working, plugged on, already tried different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by franckoski, May 25, 2020.

1. Earphones mic not working on windows 10 laptop

Hello everyoone,

so lately i've been complaining about my problem with my earphones mic, it's not working, plugged on, already tried different solutions but none of them worked, anyway, these are the earphones: Earphones mic not working on windows 10 laptop 2003e075-bd7a-42bf-916b-8f1b07831ea8?upload=true.jpg

:)

franckoski, May 25, 2020
  2. ABY
    aby Win User

Earphones Mic not working

Hi all,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 Gaming laptop, running Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134.165. My laptop has one 3.5 mm jack where I plug my Earpods (Apple's earphones with mic) to use it as headphones and mic always works but yesterday out of nowhere it stopped working. I checked my Earpods with my iPhone and the mic would work just fine but not with the laptop.

Realtek audio driver is already installed but there's no realteks audio icon to configure or make changes. When I connect my Earpods, I can hear through them but the mic doesn't work however if I speak close to the internal mic I can see that green bar moving up which exists in Sounds>Recording.

I updated the Intel graphic driver to the latest version 2 days ago and the Mic would work fine.

Few steps which I tried to fix the issue but didn't help:

1) Tried to setup mic: No go
    2) Tried reinstalling/updating audio drivers: No go
    3) Checked Microphone privacy settings and its ON
    4) Unchecked Allow application to take exclusive control of this device: No go

Can someone help me on this?
    Thank you

3. Mic in earphones issue

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 7567 gaming laptop. I have issues with external mic or mic in earphones or headsets. They used to work perfectly fine about till previous month or two.. I don't know what happened, now windows doesn't detected them.. Whenever i connect
    any of my earphones with mic, which used to work perfectly with my laptop, the playback device is detected but the recording device isn't.. The Waves pop up appears where there no mic device listed.. neither in the windows sound settings.. Laptop's internal
    mic works fine.. But doesn't detect external mic.. it appears as if i have not connected any mic..

Please help me out fixing this issue..

Thank you.

SripadKulkarni, May 25, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Earphones mic not working on windows 10 laptop

Earphone w/mic problem... the earphones are acting as a mic!

its annoying.. I need to use my mic, but the earphone is acting like a mic, not the mic! its one of those earphones w/mic for iphone

on my desktop I successfully can use it as a mic, but on my netbook I can't

n-ster, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Earphones mic not working on windows 10 laptop

1. Earphones mic not working on windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Earphones mic working

2. earphone with mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    earphone with mic not working: i have a earphone with mic when i plug it in my phone it works and when i plug it in my dell optiplex 3020 the earphones are working but mic not also i have tried plugging in all ports even if the mic works i am fine cuz i have external speakers please help me...
  3. earphone with mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    earphone with mic not working: i have a earphone with mic when i plug it in my phone it works and when i plug it in my dell optiplex 3020 the earphones are working but mic not also i have tried plugging in all ports even if the mic works i am fine cuz i have external speakers please help me...
  4. earphone with mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Earphone mics aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Earphone mics aren't working: For a few months, I have not been able to use microphones when I plug in earbuds into my PC's front input jack. I have no idea if a Windows update messed this up since I noticed it pretty late. I generally use external speakers or a headset for audio calls, so when I had a...
  6. Mic Works with earphones, but not normally

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic Works with earphones, but not normally: Need help with Microphone.I can record my audio using earphones but not working normally. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-works-with-earphones-but-not-normally/f351922c-4786-424c-b678-60bc91e74490
  7. Earphones Mic doesn't work on my windows 10 laptop

Earphones Mic doesn't work on my windows 10 laptop: Please help: I plugged my earphones into my windows 10 Laptop. The mic in my earphones is totally fine but isn't working on my PC. The built-in Mic of the Laptop is working, there are no mic drivers problems I guess, but I don't like using it because the fan is sometimes...
  8. Earphones mic not working on windows 10 laptop

Earphones mic not working on windows 10 laptop: Hello everyoone, so lately i've been complaining about my problem with my earphones mic, it's not working, plugged on, already tried different solutions but none of them worked, anyway, these are the earphones:[ATTACH]...
  9. Earphones Mic not working

Earphones Mic not working: Hi all,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 Gaming laptop, running Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134.165. My laptop has one 3.5 mm jack where I plug my Earpods (Apple's earphones with mic) to use it as headphones and mic always works but yesterday out of nowhere it stopped...
  10. Earphones Mic not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Earphones Mic not working: Hi all,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 Gaming laptop, running Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134.165. My laptop has one 3.5 mm jack where I plug my Earpods (Apple's earphones with mic) to use it as headphones and mic always works but yesterday out of nowhere it stopped...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop microphone