Windows 10: Earphones not detected as second audio device

Discus and support Earphones not detected as second audio device in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] My speakers are connected to the back panel and earphones at the front. I can't just connect my earphones on the speakers because the jack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/C1dineSpicy, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Earphones not detected as second audio device

/u/C1dineSpicy, Apr 4, 2021

2. Headphones/Earphones aren't detected

My laptop can't seem to detect earphones/headphones, and I'm using the Windows 10 on a Asus X4414. I've tried to plug and unplug, restart the laptop, update the audio drivers, look for the headphones in the 'disabled devices' area in the Playback of the
    Sound System, tried the Troubleshooting, even disabling and enabling the audio drivers, but all to no avail. Sometimes audio would come out of both speakers and headphones (but it's still not in the audio system's playback list), and most times audio doesn't
    come out of the headphones/earphones at all and just have the speakers blare out audio, even though my laptop seems to 'detect' it somewhat by saying that a device was plugged in, but it would never show up in the Sound System at all. However, at rare moments,
    it would suddenly work, but even when it does, the Sound System's Playback tab couldn't detect it, so it's not in the list at all. After unplugging the earphone when it does
    work, I tried to plug it back in to check just in case if it's alright now, but then the same problem would ensure, which would be no audio coming out of my headphones and have the internal speakers play the audio instead. My earphone works just fine in
    other devices, and is fairly important for college-related tasks, so this is quite troubling. If anybody's ever faced the same problem and found a solution, I'd be really grateful to hear about it.

Vallery D., Apr 4, 2021
  3. audio not received by earphones

thank you, here are the answers:

• Have you made any recent changes on the devices?
    No

• Have you tried other earphones on your Windows?
    No, i just bought it yesterday.

• Have you tried the earphones on another PC or laptop?
    no, but it works in my smartphone

• How is the earphones connecting to the machine? Is it via wired connection or through Bluetooth?
    wired.

• When the earphones are connected, are you still getting audio from the speakers?
    yes, nothing goes through the earphones though.

Earphones not detected as second audio device :(

TanjimaRahman, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Earphones not detected as second audio device

audio not received by earphones

Hi,

This issue could be due to device drivers that needs to be updated. To provide you with appropriate troubleshooting, please provide the following information:

• Have you made any recent changes on the devices?
    • Have you tried other earphones on your Windows?
    • Have you tried the earphones on another PC or laptop?
    • How is the earphones connecting to the machine? Is it via wired connection or through Bluetooth?
    • When the earphones are connected, are you still getting audio from the speakers?

Regards.

Arthur Rui, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Earphones not detected as second audio device

1. Earphones not detected as second audio device - Similar Threads - Earphones detected second

2. Mic audio not detecting on only one earphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic audio not detecting on only one earphone: I was using Mi Dual driver wired earphones in my PC for a long time and 2 days before, my mic is not working well. My voice is not getting recorded. Some small grains are present and if I press the mic buttons, the button sounds get recorded but nothing else gets inputted to...
  3. Mic audio not detecting on only one earphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic audio not detecting on only one earphone: I was using Mi Dual driver wired earphones in my PC for a long time and 2 days before, my mic is not working well. My voice is not getting recorded. Some small grains are present and if I press the mic buttons, the button sounds get recorded but nothing else gets inputted to...
  4. Audio device is not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio device is not detected: My computer is working fine before the update. After updating my PC saying that my audio device can't be found. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-device-is-not-detected/6e9e1d05-73c0-4e4a-a4d1-009dd8b40d6f
  5. Earphones not detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Earphones not detected: Windows is unable to detect earphones whenever I plug them in. Earphones only work when I restart the laptop with the earphones plugged in. And then if I remove the earphones and plug them back , it's not detected.I have to keep the earphones plugged in all the time or...
  6. Audio devices not detected

Audio devices not detected: My computer was working fine earlier today but a few hours ago when i hopped on I was met with the blue screen of death. After 2ish hours of troubleshooting and a few rollbacks I was able to get my PC working again. Once I got it back on I noticed that my audio devices...
  7. No audio device detected

No audio device detected: Basically, I can hear audio through my earphones but they do not show up as a device on my computer and they won't let me use my microphone. I've tried everything from reinstalling realtek audio to looking for disabled devices in the control panel but it's nowhere to be...
  8. SECOND AUDIO DEVICE NOT DETECTING ON WINDOWS AND REALTEK

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SECOND AUDIO DEVICE NOT DETECTING ON WINDOWS AND REALTEK: [ATTACH] hello , i recently installed my new msi x570 meg ace motherbaord and cpu , audio works great but the problem is i connect my headphone in back audio jack and speaker connected on front but only one audio device only shown thats my speaker , if i remove speaker ,...
  9. Audio Device Not Detected

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Audio Device Not Detected: Hello everyone, I have an issue with my headset not getting any audio output from the PC. My headset does work when I connect it to my iPhone and it the port on the front of the pc can't be broken because it won't work with the port on the back either. So it has to do...
  10. no audio device detected

no audio device detected: when I plug my headphones into the front panel audio jack, a dialog box pops up, like this one: [img] Yet sound is turned off. I can look at this dialog box as well: [img] [img] Any help is appreciated. 118349