Windows 10: Earphones recognized as speaker

Discus and support Earphones recognized as speaker in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop runs on Windows 10 pro. i have been using it for 4 months now but today the speaker was not emitting any sound and I can only hear a sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DemiiAkii, May 24, 2022.

1. DemiiAkii Win User

Earphones recognized as speaker

My laptop runs on Windows 10 pro. i have been using it for 4 months now but today the speaker was not emitting any sound and I can only hear a sound when i plug in an earphone. I already tried installing and updated realtek driver but still the same.In the picture: the default shows speaker but the sound only works on earphones

:)

DemiiAkii, May 24, 2022

2. Does windows 10 recognize when earphones are plugged in?

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to inform that Windows 10 does recognize and display a prompt when earphones are plugged in. I would like to ask if you are able to listen to sound from the earphone when plugged in.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 24, 2022
  3. Windows 10 will not switch from speakers to earphones

I know there have been numerous similar problems/solutions regarding this Windows 10 issue but my problem persists, perhaps in part because I can't always find the right files etc on my computer.

I used to run Windows 7 but upgraded to Windows 10. Major major mistake!! My computer is now mostly a large paper weight and generally functions like one. I could potentially write a long list of Windows 10 screw-ups, but I digress from my current issue.

On Windows 7 I could have my speakers on but when I plugged in my earphones the sound automatically switched the speakers to the earphones. With Windows 10 I have to manually change the default setting from speakers to earphones and back again when I'm
    done using the earphones. The speakers work when they are set as default but the earphones do not work and vice versa when the earphones are set as default. It seems like it should be a very simple fix, but nothing I've tried has worked. Any suggestions
    would be welcome.

longtimealaskan, May 24, 2022
  4. Earphones recognized as speaker

Earphones not working

Recently received my Windows 7 / Samsung Focus phone. All setup and syncing music and even adding NetFlix with no problems. However, when I plug in the earphones...the sound continues to come from the phone speaker. The earphones
    do not have any sound output to them. I'm trying to figure out if this is a hardware issue or if there is something that I haven't found yet related to enabling the earphones.

Any Suggestions?

Charlie Hawkins, May 24, 2022
Thema:

Earphones recognized as speaker

1. Earphones recognized as speaker - Similar Threads - Earphones recognized speaker

2. Windows Not Recognizing Earphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Not Recognizing Earphones: Good Morning,I have a laptop with an Earphone/AUX port which has stopped working for some time. They work but sometimes, i have to run 'Audio Troubleshoot' every time i want to use my earphones, Sometimes this also doesn't help recognizing them. The port and earphones are...
  3. Windows Not Recognizing Earphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Not Recognizing Earphones: Good Morning,I have a laptop with an Earphone/AUX port which has stopped working for some time. They work but sometimes, i have to run 'Audio Troubleshoot' every time i want to use my earphones, Sometimes this also doesn't help recognizing them. The port and earphones are...
  4. Windows 10 doesn't recognize earphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize earphones: Up until some hours ago my PC worked fine, then I unplugged my headphones, and when I plugged them back in they didn't show up in the audio device list. I searched for some solutions online and eventually I uninstalled them and restarted, but not only did that not fix the...
  5. earphones/headphones not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    earphones/headphones not being recognized: hey i have a problem with my headphones when i plug them in. If i plug them in normally, they dont get recognized, but if i leave them plugged in and restart my laptop, they get recognized, and from there if i try replugging them again they dont get recognized.I have tried...
  6. earphones/headphones not being recognized

earphones/headphones not being recognized: hey i have a problem with my headphones when i plug them in. If i plug them in normally, they dont get recognized, but if i leave them plugged in and restart my laptop, they get recognized, and from there if i try replugging them again they dont get recognized.I have tried...
  7. Earphones recognized as speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Earphones recognized as speaker: My laptop runs on Windows 10 pro. i have been using it for 4 months now but today the speaker was not emitting any sound and I can only hear a sound when i plug in an earphone. I already tried installing and updated realtek driver but still the same.In the picture: the...
  8. Earphones recognized as speaker

Earphones recognized as speaker: My laptop runs on Windows 10 pro. i have been using it for 4 months now but today the speaker was not emitting any sound and I can only hear a sound when i plug in an earphone. I already tried installing and updated realtek driver but still the same.In the picture: the...
  9. speakers/headset/earphones not working on aux

speakers/headset/earphones not working on aux: Till today i was having no issues with my speakers, earphones and headset but today when I plugged my earphones into the pc it did not work, I tried the other aux and headphones on both auxes and it did not work. Please look into the problem both the aux are not working...
  10. earphones being recognized as mic

earphones being recognized as mic: Hello, i am asking this question because my laptop's audio jack was fully functioning, after i connected a Bluetooth speaker on the computer, but when when when i switched back to using my earphones, the sound is very bad, there was no bass like there used to be, then i tried...