Windows 10: Earphones with built-in mic are working but microphone isn't

Discus and support Earphones with built-in mic are working but microphone isn't in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have sennheiser mm30i earphones, and they have a built in microphone. Whenever I plug them in, everything is fine and the sound is good, but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BDani, Aug 13, 2015.

1. BDani Win User

Earphones with built-in mic are working but microphone isn't

I have sennheiser mm30i earphones, and they have a built in microphone.
    Whenever I plug them in, everything is fine and the sound is good, but when I try to speak in games, Skype, etc, then the microphone isn't working.
    I have Realtek HD Audio Drivers installed. I tried playing around with the configuration, but with no success.

Thanks.

:)

BDani, Aug 13, 2015

2. Certain Microphone Not Working

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Mic'd set of earphones with a built in microphone. I also have smiliar earphones with a mic, which i had before. These older headphone's microphone works perfectly, except that it plays what the microphone is recording,
    but that's another issue (but please answer it if you can). The Skullcandy earphone's mic, however, is not working. I have tried to set it up, using "Peter talks to his computer", but it does not record any sound. It works perfectly with my Nexus 5 phone.

Please Help!

Daniel Thomson, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Enable Built-in Microphone even if earphones (without mic) is plugged in combo jack

I use a Lenovo Ideapad 300 and it has a built-in microphone and a combo jack. The problem is that the earphones I am using right now has no microphone.

My question is how do I enable the built in microphone even if I connect my earphones (Without mic) in the combo jack?

Platinum Primus, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Earphones with built-in mic are working but microphone isn't

1. Earphones with built-in mic are working but microphone isn't - Similar Threads - Earphones built mic

2. How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic: Basically when I plug in my earphone, the laptop switches to the earphones mic and I want it to use the built in mic but there seems to be no way to change or switch between them and some solution states that I can switch between them at the control panel or smt but there's...
  3. How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic: Basically when I plug in my earphone, the laptop switches to the earphones mic and I want it to use the built in mic but there seems to be no way to change or switch between them and some solution states that I can switch between them at the control panel or smt but there's...
  4. earphone with mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    earphone with mic not working: i have a earphone with mic when i plug it in my phone it works and when i plug it in my dell optiplex 3020 the earphones are working but mic not also i have tried plugging in all ports even if the mic works i am fine cuz i have external speakers please help me...
  5. earphone with mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    earphone with mic not working: i have a earphone with mic when i plug it in my phone it works and when i plug it in my dell optiplex 3020 the earphones are working but mic not also i have tried plugging in all ports even if the mic works i am fine cuz i have external speakers please help me...
  6. earphone with mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Laptop using built-in microphone instead of earphone mic

Laptop using built-in microphone instead of earphone mic: I'm having a recent issue after I reset my laptop. After I reset my laptop, it started to use my laptop's built-in microphone instead of the microphone on my earphones. I have tried many possible solutions such as re-installing my audio drivers but that didn't work. For added...
  8. Windows10 Earphones(headphone) mic isn't working

Windows10 Earphones(headphone) mic isn't working: I'm sick of this problem now. there's no problem with my earphone, or earphone mic,(I tested on my phone) and I'm now using laptop. [ATTACH] when I plug my earphone, the sound still works, but when I speak, it doesn't work. I've uninstalled the driver, 5 times. I've...
  9. Earphones Mic not working

Earphones Mic not working: Hi all,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 Gaming laptop, running Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134.165. My laptop has one 3.5 mm jack where I plug my Earpods (Apple's earphones with mic) to use it as headphones and mic always works but yesterday out of nowhere it stopped...
  10. Earphones Mic not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Earphones Mic not working: Hi all,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 Gaming laptop, running Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134.165. My laptop has one 3.5 mm jack where I plug my Earpods (Apple's earphones with mic) to use it as headphones and mic always works but yesterday out of nowhere it stopped...