Windows 10: Earphones Work Only After Another Pair Is Plugged In First

Discus and support Earphones Work Only After Another Pair Is Plugged In First in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There is a strange issue happening.I have 2 sets of earphones black and white.1. The black earphones don't work when plugged into the audio jack.2. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TwoStarII, Aug 16, 2022.

1. TwoStarII Win User

Earphones Work Only After Another Pair Is Plugged In First

There is a strange issue happening.I have 2 sets of earphones black and white.1. The black earphones don't work when plugged into the audio jack.2. The white earphones work when plugged into the audio jack.3. The black earphones will only work after I unplug the white earphones and plug in the black ones.I always need the white earphones as an 'activator' for the black earphones, it's weird.What may be causing this?

:)

TwoStarII, Aug 16, 2022
  2. applepie Win User

Windows 10: No Sound coming out of earphones (only speakers work)

It's a laptop (dual booting Win10[recently upgraded from win7 64bit] and Elementary OS Freya)

It's nothing to do with hardware issues

Earphones worked fine on my Elementary OS so my audio jack is definitely not broken or anything like that. Earphones work on my phone as well so i'm quite positive it's to do with windows 10 only.

No sound coming out of earphones

There's no sound coming out of the earphones, and I'm sure it's nothing to do with them because they work fine when I plug them into my phone. Also, I've tried another pair of earphones which resulted the same. However, the sound works perfectly without the earphones plugged into my laptop, the speakers are fine.

unsure if it's to do with drivers

I've tried uninstalling the Realtek HD audio drivers, reinstalling and nothing works.

However, I have Windows 10 but could only find drivers for Windows 7/8

settings

I've googled a bit and most would suggest something like checking the playback devices but the only one on my list is 'Speakers'.

Realtek detected my earphones

When I plug in my earphones, Realtek detected them and even popped up the notification saying 'you just plugged a device into the audio jack'

http://imgur.com/dFqaTU1
    as shown in the picture, when i toggle my mouse onto the black circle, it clearly detected something was plugged in, but somehow audio just won't play through my earphones.

applepie, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Earphones not working

Recently received my Windows 7 / Samsung Focus phone. All setup and syncing music and even adding NetFlix with no problems. However, when I plug in the earphones...the sound continues to come from the phone speaker. The earphones
    do not have any sound output to them. I'm trying to figure out if this is a hardware issue or if there is something that I haven't found yet related to enabling the earphones.

Any Suggestions?

Charlie Hawkins, Aug 16, 2022
  4. Earphones Work Only After Another Pair Is Plugged In First

Does windows 10 recognize when earphones are plugged in?

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to inform that Windows 10 does recognize and display a prompt when earphones are plugged in. I would like to ask if you are able to listen to sound from the earphone when plugged in.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Earphones Work Only After Another Pair Is Plugged In First

1. Earphones Work Only After Another Pair Is Plugged In First - Similar Threads - Earphones Another Pair

2. Microphone not working when earphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working when earphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my earphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my earphones is not working. I attempted to disable the earphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  3. first hdmi disconnected after plug in another hdmi into the monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    first hdmi disconnected after plug in another hdmi into the monitor: I think is the power management problem.I tried to use only one HDMI, but when I switched the monitor's input between HDMI 1 and HDMI 2. HDMI 1 shows signal lost.Its kind of HDMI port sleep after I switch to another input signal. Its struggled me when I using HDMI 1, it...
  4. first hdmi disconnected after plug in another hdmi into the monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    first hdmi disconnected after plug in another hdmi into the monitor: I think is the power management problem.I tried to use only one HDMI, but when I switched the monitor's input between HDMI 1 and HDMI 2. HDMI 1 shows signal lost.Its kind of HDMI port sleep after I switch to another input signal. Its struggled me when I using HDMI 1, it...
  5. first hdmi disconnected after plug in another hdmi into the monitor

6. Earphones Work Only After Another Pair Is Plugged In First

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Earphones Work Only After Another Pair Is Plugged In First: There is a strange issue happening.I have 2 sets of earphones black and white.1. The black earphones don't work when plugged into the audio jack.2. The white earphones work when plugged into the audio jack.3. The black earphones will only work after I unplug the white...
  7. Earphones Work Only After Another Pair Is Plugged In First

Earphones Work Only After Another Pair Is Plugged In First: There is a strange issue happening.I have 2 sets of earphones black and white.1. The black earphones don't work when plugged into the audio jack.2. The white earphones work when plugged into the audio jack.3. The black earphones will only work after I unplug the white...
  8. Microsoft keyboard pair first time only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft keyboard pair first time only: Hi, I'm using a MS Bluetooth keyboard, but every time I disconnect and reconnect, windows asks me to pair the device. I remember that there was an option to pair device only the first time, but I cannot find it anymore after I updated the system to windows 11. Is the feature...
  9. Microsoft keyboard pair first time only

Microsoft keyboard pair first time only: Hi, I'm using a MS Bluetooth keyboard, but every time I disconnect and reconnect, windows asks me to pair the device. I remember that there was an option to pair device only the first time, but I cannot find it anymore after I updated the system to windows 11. Is the feature...
  10. Earphones disconnect after plugging in.

Earphones disconnect after plugging in.: My earphones are from realme. They were working fine. But after updating windows 10I have insider edition they stopped working. I've cleaned the jack deeply and so many times. The eaphones are working fine with mobiles and tablets. I have one more pair, maybe they are...