Windows 10: Earth Maps

Discus and support Earth Maps in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Is there a free app similar to Google Earth compatible with Win 10?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Julio L.Ruiz, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Earth Maps

Is there a free app similar to Google Earth compatible with Win 10?

:)

Julio L.Ruiz, Mar 20, 2019
  2. CountMike Win User

Google Maps versus Google Earth

Google Maps is online only and Google Earth is an application getting data from different places. That's how it was since the beginning.

CountMike, Mar 20, 2019
  3. window 10 doesn't run google Earth or pro.

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What exactly happens when you try to open it?
    • Do you get any error message or error code on the screen?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Step 1: Place the computer in clean boot state to avoid any third party software conflict.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall the Google Earth software version and reinstall the latest Google Earth software in compatibility mode and check, if it works.

Follow these steps to install the latest Google Earth software in the compatibility mode.

1. Download the latest Google Earth software version from the Google Earth official website.

2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

I also suggest you to get in touch with Google Earth support for further assistance on this issue:

https://support.google.com/earth/?hl=en

Also see:
    https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/maps/AR3CuAlHupo/Hsp90pcI5NMJ

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Earth Maps

Google Earth is not running in Windows 10.

Hi Cassandra,

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you downloading Google Earth from Windows Store or browser?
    • If browser, which browser are you using to download Google Earth?
    • What is the message displayed on screen when downloading Google Earth?
    I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Google Earth in compatibility mode.
    Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the Google Earth install and then check the functionality.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Earth Maps

1. Earth Maps - Similar Threads - Earth Maps

2. Music file shows up with weird earth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music file shows up with weird earth: I make music playlist with iTunes and I just tried searching and found what I was looking for except the file turned into a Earth. Do anyone know what this is and how to fix it?...
  3. Google Earth Pro: come posso eliminare il segnaluogo?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Earth Pro: come posso eliminare il segnaluogo?: Ciao, quando faccio un registrazione, Google Earth Pro restra sempre il segnaluogo come quello che allego nella foto. E' possibile eliminre quella scritta e il segnaluogo? Non ci riesco, 1000 grazie
  4. How the on earth do i contact Live Support at Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How the on earth do i contact Live Support at Microsoft?: How the on earth do i contact Live Support at Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-the-on-earth-do-i-contact-live-support-at/5d520fc5-cf98-4d0e-b7df-9ababa8dbce7
  5. How the on earth do i contact Live Support at Microsoft?

How the on earth do i contact Live Support at Microsoft?: How the on earth do i contact Live Support at Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-the-on-earth-do-i-contact-live-support-at/5d520fc5-cf98-4d0e-b7df-9ababa8dbce7
  6. Microsoft background picture keeps reverting back to a picture of the 'earth'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft background picture keeps reverting back to a picture of the 'earth': HI, my Microsoft background keeps reverting back to a picture of the Earth - I have no idea where it's come from and I also can't find it on the system to delete it! It's not saving my new themes - i've deleted all the other themes, but can't find this one anywhere!!...
  7. Microsoft background picture keeps reverting back to a picture of the 'earth'

Microsoft background picture keeps reverting back to a picture of the 'earth': HI, my Microsoft background keeps reverting back to a picture of the Earth - I have no idea where it's come from and I also can't find it on the system to delete it! It's not saving my new themes - i've deleted all the other themes, but can't find this one anywhere!!...
  8. Microsoft background picture keeps reverting back to a picture of the 'earth'

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. You can now create your own maps and stories in Google Earth

in Windows 10 News
    You can now create your own maps and stories in Google Earth: As humans, we've always bonded by sharing stories about the places that matter to us. It likely started around a campfire—elders recounting tales of sites sacred to their people. Today, we use technology to celebrate our ancestry, raise awareness about places we care about,...
  10. Google Maps versus Google Earth

Google Maps versus Google Earth: I looked in street view in a rather newly developed area. To my surprise buildings were shown in Google Maps and only a flat surface area (no buildings) was shown in Google Earth. Apparently both apps donot use the same database. 106602

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is this computer compatable with google earth

2. does microsoft have an app compatable to google earth pro?