Windows 10: Earthlink Email, Why Does My "Sent From" Change

Discus and support Earthlink Email, Why Does My "Sent From" Change in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello All, I have a little mystery that I would like to solve. My sister-in-law has an Earthlink email account and when she sends someone an email... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Rocky, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Rocky Win User

Earthlink Email, Why Does My "Sent From" Change

Hello All,

I have a little mystery that I would like to solve. My sister-in-law has an Earthlink email account and when she sends someone an email they sometimes see a very odd sender's name. Her name is "Debbie Smith" and when she sends out an email, half the time the person that receives the email sees that it was sent from "Debbie Smith." For some reason that I can not figure out, about half the time that she sends out an email the recipient seems that "Diabetes Ssmith" sent the email. The last name is misspelled and the first name has been changed.

This has been going on for over half a year but it is not consistent. What could be causing this? How do fix it?

:)

Rocky, Oct 1, 2017
  2. JCorb Win User

How do I stop email from automatically deleting when I leave the email app

How do I stop the Windows Phone email app from automatically emptying my "Deleted" folder? I am not sure when it does this but when it does, the email is also deleted from both the EarthLink (POP3) and Outlook servers. So then those emails are not available
    to download to my PC later. On my previous smartphones (LG and iPhone) I could select a setting that left emails on the server regardless of what I did on my phone.

JCorb, Oct 1, 2017
  3. Ron_290 Win User
    Email syncing

Just upgraded to Windows 10. Can't get incoming mail from my earthlink account. Got error message 0x80048811 "This POP3 server does not support partial message retrieval." My gmail account synced fine. Any suggestions?

Ron_290, Oct 1, 2017
  4. Earthlink Email, Why Does My "Sent From" Change

Hi Rocky.

You didn't mention what she is actually using to get Earthlink email. By that I mean is it a browser, mail app, PC program like Outlook?

Does she send mail only from one computer or does she use a tablet or phone to augment.

Need to narrow this puzzle down. I would even change signatures on different platforms so you know for sure where it was sent from.

Is there any commonality to who receives what. Like do you always get the right spelling and is there another person that always gets the wrong spelling?

Caledon Ken, Oct 1, 2017
  5. Rocky Win User
    Thank you very much. This post has given me quite a bit of information for me to explore.

Rocky, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Earthlink Email, Why Does My "Sent From" Change

1. Earthlink Email, Why Does My "Sent From" Change - Similar Threads - Earthlink Email Why

2. why won't my outlook email send to an earthlink email as of today 4/6/23 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why won't my outlook email send to an earthlink email as of today 4/6/23 ?: Was sending clients emails to their earthlink accounts with no problems for over a month- as of last night they are no longer receiving them and I get no error message. Restarted my computer- nothing. Even if I reply to their earthlink email they don't get it, what do I do?...
  3. why won't my outlook email send to an earthlink email as of today 4/6/23 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why won't my outlook email send to an earthlink email as of today 4/6/23 ?: Was sending clients emails to their earthlink accounts with no problems for over a month- as of last night they are no longer receiving them and I get no error message. Restarted my computer- nothing. Even if I reply to their earthlink email they don't get it, what do I do?...
  4. Why does my gmail account have no sent email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my gmail account have no sent email?: I have no email in the SENT folder even though I have sent mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-gmail-account-have-no-sent-email/21c6939b-bf3a-4b9b-aa39-a3f9f6bd57c8
  5. Why does my gmail account have no sent email?

Why does my gmail account have no sent email?: I have no email in the SENT folder even though I have sent mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-gmail-account-have-no-sent-email/21c6939b-bf3a-4b9b-aa39-a3f9f6bd57c8
  6. Why are my sent emails not in the sent box?!

Why are my sent emails not in the sent box?!: Why are my sent emails not in the sent box? How do I fix this? I've followed the previous threads posted and everything appears to be checked off for this to work? No, they are not in the outbox either?...
  7. scam emails sent from my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    scam emails sent from my account: I am sending out scam emails from my account loads of them. I can see them in my sent folder. I cant change my password as I updated my security information and cant get into my account until 23/5/20, I tried to recover my account but don't seem to give enough right answers,...
  8. Email links not working in Earthlink Email program

in Browsers and Email
    Email links not working in Earthlink Email program: I have Vietnam Vet friend in AK, he tells me that when I send him an email with a hyperlink in it, he cannot get it to work immediately. However, if he comes back to it later in the day it will work. He uses Firefox as his browser and VLC for audio & video. I have to save...
  9. Email links not working in Earthlink Email program

in Windows 10 Support
    Email links not working in Earthlink Email program: I have Vietnam Vet friend in AK, he tells me that when I send him an email with a hyperlink in it, he cannot get it to work immediately. However, if he comes back to it later in the day it will work. He uses Firefox as his browser and VLC for audio & video. I have to save...
  10. Earthlink email with Exchange

in Browsers and Email
    Earthlink email with Exchange: I have a client who insists on using his earthlink.net POP email address. He wants to have the ability to have his email, calendar and contacts sync across multiple computers and mobile devices. Obviously, I'm thinking an Exchange account. EarthLink doesn't offer Hosted...