Windows 10: EASE EYE STRAIN

Discus and support EASE EYE STRAIN in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to find a setting to reduce eye strain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HeatherBrock, Nov 8, 2018.

1. EASE EYE STRAIN

I'm trying to find a setting to reduce eye strain

:)

HeatherBrock, Nov 8, 2018

2. eye strain and changing fonts

I just got a new computer and have windows 10 . My eyes are getting strained and I need a better font. How

Joseph Kepiro, Nov 8, 2018
  3. HowdyPez Win User
    Eye strain issue solved for anyone?

Our IT manager at work recently changed out my desktop and it has Windows 10 [was using Windows 7]. I can't use the computer for more than 10 minutes before eye strain and headaches set in. I immediately asked him to hook up the old desktop [besides the
    fact that now is not a good time to re-set all my program menu bars, relearn passwords, etc.]. My vision was instantly better and I was able to finish working.

I should note that I recently purchased a new laptop and it also has W10. My initial thought was the combination of the monitor [I use a docking station while at home] and the laptop and not W10, but I realized after the work incident that W10 seems to be
    the issue.

I've tried the brightness settings, using the 'nightlight' feature, the high contrast settings [which are just horrible!] and pretty much every option that google, bing and any other search engine could find. The magnifier isn't really a problem solver
    as I have too many programs and tabs open that I frequently go back and forth between and need to be able to see the entire monitor screen. I do take frequent breaks from the screen [even it's just looking around the room for a couple minutes].

It seems to me that the text is not as crisp as it was in the past. I notice the crispness is also reduced in Word, Excel and other MS programs [which I use heavily at work].

Has anyone figured out how to deal with the eye strain? My job is almost entirely computer work [mostly spreadsheets and data management systems], and I don't know what I'll do if I can see the computer. I have bad eyes, but not terrible [and they are
    aging eyes as well]. Most of the posts I found in this community are from 2015 and 2016, nothing new and nothing mentioned in those posts that has helped.

Thank you in advance!

Stacie

HowdyPez, Nov 8, 2018
  4. EASE EYE STRAIN

Is it safe to use f.lux software in Windows 10 to reduce eye strain at night

I am using my pc in night when the environment around my pc is darken. now a find a software on internet by HowToGeek named f.lux, i wan't to know that is that software is safe to use on windows 10 or it may affect the performance of windows and/or hardware.

I found this from the below link

Reduce Eye Strain and Get Better Sleep by Using f.lux on Your Computer

The official site of f.lux is

f.lux

AkshaykumarPatel, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

EASE EYE STRAIN

1. EASE EYE STRAIN - Similar Threads - EASE EYE STRAIN

2. ease of access windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    ease of access windows 10: This is frustrating - I thought if I was signed in - I would be able to see the answers to my question. However, they are still locked I need to know how to be able to activate the ease of access options on a Windows 10. Right now my computer is black and white only...
  3. eye recognition log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    eye recognition log in: The last thread seems to have been deleted. I'll try again. Looking for a camera suitable for logging in to windows 10. This used to be available but was scraped in windows 7. This is a stand alone PC not a laptop and I am in the UK. 118996
  4. eye recognition log in

in Windows 10 Support
    eye recognition log in: The last thread seems to have been deleted. I'll try again. Looking for a camera suitable for logging in to windows 10. This used to be available but was scraped in windows 7. This is a stand alone PC not a laptop and I am in the UK. 118996
  5. Eye recognition

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Eye recognition: Hi. I have a PC not a laptop. I heard that Microsoft has built in software for eye recognition to secure log in to a PC. I am in the UK though. Microsoft had figure print recognition but scrapped it in windows 7. Is this now available. 118650
  6. Eye recognition

in Windows 10 Support
    Eye recognition: Hi. I have a PC not a laptop. I heard that Microsoft has built in software for eye recognition to secure log in to a PC. I am in the UK though. Microsoft had figure print recognition but scrapped it in windows 7. Is this now available. 118650
  7. Ease of access

in Windows 10 Support
    Ease of access: Are there any registry keys that would completely disable this? I've just had to do a hard reset, because that stupid "press shift x times" thing completely locked my keyboard when I was playing a game. 117321
  8. window behavior with ease of access

in Windows 10 Support
    window behavior with ease of access: often behaves as if shift key is pressed [more than caps lock]; word 2015 sometimes selects several words with a double click. 104820
  9. Ease of access - Visual Notifications for sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Ease of access - Visual Notifications for sound: I keep turning visual notifications for sound to none in Ease of access > Other Options but it keeps on blinking all 3 screens with every ding or dong. Beside it being very annoying that turns any video running to black and some programs can't resume video after that. Even...
  10. Built-in eye tracking support, ‘Eye Control,’ is coming to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Built-in eye tracking support, ‘Eye Control,’ is coming to Windows 10: AShNPfmAkvY Windows 10 will include built-in eye tracking support and an experience called Eye Control, inspired from the winning Microsoft hackathon project in 2014.Eye Control empowers people with disabilities to use a compatible eye tracker to operate an on-screen...