Windows 10: EASE EYE STRAIN

Discus and support EASE EYE STRAIN in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to find a setting to reduce eye strain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HeatherBrock, Nov 8, 2018.

1. EASE EYE STRAIN

I'm trying to find a setting to reduce eye strain

:)

HeatherBrock, Nov 8, 2018

2. eye strain and changing fonts

I just got a new computer and have windows 10 . My eyes are getting strained and I need a better font. How

Joseph Kepiro, Nov 8, 2018
  3. HowdyPez Win User
    Eye strain issue solved for anyone?

Our IT manager at work recently changed out my desktop and it has Windows 10 [was using Windows 7]. I can't use the computer for more than 10 minutes before eye strain and headaches set in. I immediately asked him to hook up the old desktop [besides the
    fact that now is not a good time to re-set all my program menu bars, relearn passwords, etc.]. My vision was instantly better and I was able to finish working.

I should note that I recently purchased a new laptop and it also has W10. My initial thought was the combination of the monitor [I use a docking station while at home] and the laptop and not W10, but I realized after the work incident that W10 seems to be
    the issue.

I've tried the brightness settings, using the 'nightlight' feature, the high contrast settings [which are just horrible!] and pretty much every option that google, bing and any other search engine could find. The magnifier isn't really a problem solver
    as I have too many programs and tabs open that I frequently go back and forth between and need to be able to see the entire monitor screen. I do take frequent breaks from the screen [even it's just looking around the room for a couple minutes].

It seems to me that the text is not as crisp as it was in the past. I notice the crispness is also reduced in Word, Excel and other MS programs [which I use heavily at work].

Has anyone figured out how to deal with the eye strain? My job is almost entirely computer work [mostly spreadsheets and data management systems], and I don't know what I'll do if I can see the computer. I have bad eyes, but not terrible [and they are
    aging eyes as well]. Most of the posts I found in this community are from 2015 and 2016, nothing new and nothing mentioned in those posts that has helped.

Thank you in advance!

Stacie

HowdyPez, Nov 8, 2018
  4. EASE EYE STRAIN

Is it safe to use f.lux software in Windows 10 to reduce eye strain at night

I am using my pc in night when the environment around my pc is darken. now a find a software on internet by HowToGeek named f.lux, i wan't to know that is that software is safe to use on windows 10 or it may affect the performance of windows and/or hardware.

I found this from the below link

Reduce Eye Strain and Get Better Sleep by Using f.lux on Your Computer

The official site of f.lux is

f.lux

AkshaykumarPatel, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

EASE EYE STRAIN

1. EASE EYE STRAIN - Similar Threads - EASE EYE STRAIN

2. Update from Win11 21H2 to Win 11 22H2 leads to eye strain, straining and headache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update from Win11 21H2 to Win 11 22H2 leads to eye strain, straining and headache: Hello! 2th november i had updated my Windows11 21H2 to 22H2 Everething was fine but after update, i started feeling sever pain in my eyes. In the very begining i thought that something wrong with me that day. But next day my sympthoms became more significant. After a few...
  3. Update from Win11 21H2 to Win 11 22H2 leads to eye strain, straining and headache

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update from Win11 21H2 to Win 11 22H2 leads to eye strain, straining and headache: Hello! 2th november i had updated my Windows11 21H2 to 22H2 Everething was fine but after update, i started feeling sever pain in my eyes. In the very begining i thought that something wrong with me that day. But next day my sympthoms became more significant. After a few...
  4. Locked Thread: Dizzy/Eye Strain from Display on Windows 10 or Thinkvision Monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked Thread: Dizzy/Eye Strain from Display on Windows 10 or Thinkvision Monitor?: Dear Microsoft,the thread "Dizzy/Eye Strain from Display on Windows 10 or Thinkvision Monitor?" is locked. 95 Persons reported to have similiar problems as initially described by the User "Katie777_701" in July 2019, when she wrote: "I recently received a new work Thinkvision...
  5. Locked Thread: Dizzy/Eye Strain from Display on Windows 10 or Thinkvision Monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked Thread: Dizzy/Eye Strain from Display on Windows 10 or Thinkvision Monitor?: Dear Microsoft,the thread "Dizzy/Eye Strain from Display on Windows 10 or Thinkvision Monitor?" is locked. 95 Persons reported to have similiar problems as initially described by the User "Katie777_701" in July 2019, when she wrote: "I recently received a new work Thinkvision...
  6. Eye strain from new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Eye strain from new pc: Hi, I recently built a new pc but I have been experiencing huge eye strain on the new computer. I am using the same monitor as I was on my old pc. Any ideas if this is a software issue or hardware? It seems like the colors are too bright. submitted by /u/azza11002 [link]...
  7. Reducing Eye Strain while working on Laptop/PC/Tablet using Display Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reducing Eye Strain while working on Laptop/PC/Tablet using Display Settings: Hi I observe that long hours of working on Computers can be tiresome for our eyes. There are many solutions including the special computer spectacles which filter blue light. There is also option on Settings -> Display -> Night light On I also observe Night Light...
  8. Eye Strain and Headache when using Windows 10 ...is it also making my vision worse?

Eye Strain and Headache when using Windows 10 ...is it also making my vision worse?: Whatever is going on with Windows 10 I think it's not only causing eyestrain but may be harming my vision outside of computing. I finally switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10 In September 2020 and to make it easier for me to transfer material I select I have my old...
  9. Eye strain on Windows 10 but not on Windows 7 on the same laptop

Eye strain on Windows 10 but not on Windows 7 on the same laptop: I have laptop Thinkpad T420 with two disks. On the first disk i have Windows 7 and on the second disk i installed Windows 10, but i found that on Windows 10 i feel eye strain and i can't find why. The brightness, contrast, gamma and hue settings are the same on both installs,...
  10. problem with eye strain after upgrade to win10 pro, can downgrading to 8.1 solve this?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    problem with eye strain after upgrade to win10 pro, can downgrading to 8.1 solve this?: Hello, after installing windows 10 pro i began having problems with eyestrain. Everything looks too sharp and bright! It´s like everything is artificially beefed up. Hardware is exactly the same, drivers are exactly the same. So it is something w10 is doing differently than...