Windows 10: Ease Of Access/Files - Windows File Browser Settings

Discus and support Ease Of Access/Files - Windows File Browser Settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I’m a guy that is really into the arts and entertainment. From Media Arts/Graphics/Gaming/Streaming. I love it all. 1 thing I would love to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KaleMcMurren, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Ease Of Access/Files - Windows File Browser Settings

So I’m a guy that is really into the arts and entertainment.

From Media Arts/Graphics/Gaming/Streaming. I love it all.

1 thing I would love to see implemendted into a feature is the ability for Ease Of Access within your Windows File Browser Settings.

What I myslef tend to do a lot is organize the File Browser Settings and when I go to my File Browser Settings I set the following.

Windows File Browser > View > Show the View Toolbar > Group By File Type > Sort By File Type/Name.

Why these settings? Simple. When I work in Graphic Arts and Media. I always tend to have mulptiples of similar files and they’rs just not organized enough.

If I wanna work with Adobe Software like Photoshop as an example. When I save a file as a .psd (Photoshop Document) for 1 Graphic. Then I would like to make the same graphic as a .png (PNG File) for my final exported artwork. I now have the 2 Files by sorted in Windows File Browser set as a group of .psd Files and .png Files. I now have Ease Of Access to either of the 2 files when needed. This is helpful especially when I start doing Group Assignments and File Sharing is required. Someone could tell me things like “I love the concept of this art design. But, in order for me to finish the design for final productions. If you could please send me the .psd File of the artwork so I can make any alterations. This would be greatly appreciated.”

With this idea in mind. Since I understand the concept of sorting the Windows File Browser for this idea that works well for my liking. I find 1 major flaw with this setting.

This flaw I found was that say you have an External USB Storage Device hooked to your computer. You go to the main folder. Your Main Folder is organized with the settings that you have configured. But, as soon as you click a File Folder and open that File Folder up to see what else is in that File Folder. Every thing is set back to the Windows File Browser “Default Settings” and not the settings that you had setup for the previous page.

This being said. I personally feel there needs to be a way that as the user on the computer should be able to go into your Windows Settings and configure the wilndows File Browser for things suck as this. This can make an Artist’s life a lot easier when they do Art Commisions for others. Think large scale for this POV.

You’re An Artist. You’ve been commisioned to design artwork for a streamer. This streamer is of Twitch/YouTube/Mixer/Other. If you make a File Folder under that Streamer’s Name then you go in deeper details. That can be a lot of navigating.

It can be the idea if say a person like myself was making art for my stream on my Twitch Channel. And I make a File Folder and do something like this.

File Folder <Name> - Folder <Still Images> - File Type(s) Grouped and sorted <Concept/Rough/Final>. This is a lot of navigation in a good way.

So if there’s a way to configure this. I personally would love to see it applied in a patch.

:)

KaleMcMurren, Dec 20, 2018
  2. j.col70 Win User
    j.col70, Dec 20, 2018
  3. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Dec 20, 2018
  4. slozomby Win User

Ease Of Access/Files - Windows File Browser Settings

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Ease Of Access/Files - Windows File Browser Settings

1. Ease Of Access/Files - Windows File Browser Settings - Similar Threads - Ease Access Files

2. "background is turned off by ease of access settings"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "background is turned off by ease of access settings": i'm running windows 10, my background screen is white, when i try changing colors i recieve " background is turned OFF by ease of access settings"could anyone possibly help me cure this problem??...
  3. "background is turned off by ease of access settings"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "background is turned off by ease of access settings": i'm running windows 10, my background screen is white, when i try changing colors i recieve " background is turned OFF by ease of access settings"could anyone possibly help me cure this problem??...
  4. "background is turned off by ease of access settings"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. ease of access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ease of access: using key combinations like Ctrl + Alt and function keys with dictation in touchscreen keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ease-of-access/11c09847-01be-482e-a9d3-dbee8f8a3b6b
  6. ease of access

ease of access: using key combinations like Ctrl + Alt and function keys with dictation in touchscreen keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ease-of-access/11c09847-01be-482e-a9d3-dbee8f8a3b6b
  7. Ease of access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ease of access: I used the keyboard in ease of access, now i cant get my wireless keyboard to work. I have turned the other one to off but that didnt work. Is there help out there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ease-of-access/3b73ba02-9d91-4cb4-9761-8d3f10da2e5e
  8. Problem with ease of access setting in Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with ease of access setting in Windows: [ATTACH] I have the latest version of Windows 10 and I have to change something in keyboard setting in ease of access but there no keyboard or mouse setting in ease of access. I tried reinstalling keyboard drivers. When I searched for the setting it showed up but when I...
  9. ease of access

ease of access: wie kann ich ease of access wieder zurücksetzen???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ease-of-access/c0e3b2e4-b7b1-4da0-8957-fd271c57abda
  10. Ease of access

in Windows 10 Support
    Ease of access: Are there any registry keys that would completely disable this? I've just had to do a hard reset, because that stupid "press shift x times" thing completely locked my keyboard when I was playing a game. 117321