Windows 10: Ease of Access Screen Magnifier Responding in Unexpected Ways

Discus and support Ease of Access Screen Magnifier Responding in Unexpected Ways in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having low-vision over here, I have relied on windows screen magnifier and have depended on it since it was introduced in XP. In Windows 7, it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nubiewithatwist, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Ease of Access Screen Magnifier Responding in Unexpected Ways

Having low-vision over here, I have relied on windows screen magnifier and have depended on it since it was introduced in XP. In Windows 7, it was referred to as the XP Magnifier. The current magnifier behaves in ways and poses usage problems for me that i've never had in previous versions. I will only list the two most glaring issues with the hope that someone here can steer me to a fix.

Firstly, I must have magnifier docked at the bottom and set to follow the mouse cursor.
    Issue 1: In the docked position, the lens remains on top of youtube videos that are in full screen mode as well as with full screen videos in Windows MPC player; therefore, my only option has been to close the magnifier while playing videos in full screen. This is not an easy or simple thing to do. The right side red X close button is not in view with the magnifier docked so i have to drag the magnifier up and to the left to reveal the close button. Also, i am unable to right-click the lens to bring up the close option, as it was in windows 7. Aside from this, the magnifier must be dragged out of the way to reveal certain context menus. I Windows 7, i could set it and forget it.

Please say there is a tweak or patch or fix or something to make the magnifier behave normally? Thank you.

:)

Nubiewithatwist, Oct 24, 2019

2. manage magnifier shortcut

Hey RXaverius,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.
    Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 24, 2019
  3. magnifier on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.

Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

Ease of Access Screen Magnifier Responding in Unexpected Ways

Windows 10 update broke MS magnifier

Hello,

To fix the issue with Magnifier, we suggest to turn it off and turn on your Magnifier. Here are the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select and click, Ease of Access.
    • Select and click, Magnifier.
    • Under Magnifier in the right pane, click off/on.

You may also try to Run Magnifier as administrator. If you don't know how, follow the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Type Magnifier.
    • Right-click Run as administrator.
    • If there's a pop-up about User Account Control, you have to type your
      Username and Password to continue.
    • Click Yes.

Let us know what happened.

Regards.

Ernie San, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Ease of Access Screen Magnifier Responding in Unexpected Ways

1. Ease of Access Screen Magnifier Responding in Unexpected Ways - Similar Threads - Ease Access Screen

2. Ease of access narrator screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ease of access narrator screen.: After three minutes of being on my computer, this box pops up which is a blank white page and a black border. I can't close it or minimize the page. It has the Narrator, magnifier, high contrast, sticky keys and filter settings, and that's it.This just started yesterday. How...
  3. Ease of access narrator screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ease of access narrator screen.: After three minutes of being on my computer, this box pops up which is a blank white page and a black border. I can't close it or minimize the page. It has the Narrator, magnifier, high contrast, sticky keys and filter settings, and that's it.This just started yesterday. How...
  4. ease of access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ease of access: using key combinations like Ctrl + Alt and function keys with dictation in touchscreen keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ease-of-access/11c09847-01be-482e-a9d3-dbee8f8a3b6b
  5. ease of access

ease of access: using key combinations like Ctrl + Alt and function keys with dictation in touchscreen keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ease-of-access/11c09847-01be-482e-a9d3-dbee8f8a3b6b
  6. Narrator/ ease of access

Narrator/ ease of access: Hello is there any way to stream line the narrator on Windows. I find i can't select a single body of text for it to reed, and when I do its a single letter, word or line at best. and when its a page that doesn't reload like an online application i have to turn narrator off...
  7. Ease of access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ease of access: I used the keyboard in ease of access, now i cant get my wireless keyboard to work. I have turned the other one to off but that didnt work. Is there help out there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ease-of-access/3b73ba02-9d91-4cb4-9761-8d3f10da2e5e
  8. Remove ease of access on Lock and Sign-in Screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove ease of access on Lock and Sign-in Screen.: I there anyway to remove the Ease of access on the Lock and Sign-in Screen please? 152271
  9. ease of access

ease of access: wie kann ich ease of access wieder zurücksetzen???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ease-of-access/c0e3b2e4-b7b1-4da0-8957-fd271c57abda
  10. Ease of access

in Windows 10 Support
    Ease of access: Are there any registry keys that would completely disable this? I've just had to do a hard reset, because that stupid "press shift x times" thing completely locked my keyboard when I was playing a game. 117321